best tips for E4
Oct 9, 2006 at 7:16 PM Post #2 of 15
Whichever one works best for you. Why don't you try and see for yourself? I use biflanges myself.

Oct 9, 2006 at 7:19 PM Post #3 of 15
do shure have Biflanges like the one on ER6?? I am seriously disappointed with the supplied shure... they are not even as good as ER6's bi-flanged... >_< btw... are they all interchangeable???

Oct 9, 2006 at 7:20 PM Post #4 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by errorrrr
do shure have Biflanges like the one on ER6?? I am seriously disappointed with the supplied shure... they are not even as good as ER6's bi-flanged... >_<

I modded my triple flanges: cut off the stem and the smallest flange. They're great now.

Oct 9, 2006 at 7:24 PM Post #5 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by errorrrr
know where I can get already made double-flange that will fit shure E4s?? >_< I am too used to my Er6 double flanges..

Don't think you can get those. Why not do the same thing I did?

Oct 9, 2006 at 7:25 PM Post #7 of 15
The included/available tri-flange from Shure is oversized and is made that way so you can customize it to your needs. I personally like to trim off the back (largest) flange such that the remaining stem is even with the bottom of the medium flange. This works best for me when using the E4. With the E5 I have to trim the stem even with the largest flange and then trim off the smallest flange.

The most accurate tip according to Sugarfried is the foam. As such, I generally use the foam myself. There are more durable foam tips currently in the R&D process.

Oct 9, 2006 at 8:44 PM Post #11 of 15
It all depends on what you need. I use the black rubber tips from the E2 which work best for me, I've never really understood the fuss with the foamies. To me the sound like crap, especially the Westone foamies which make me hate my E4's.

Oct 9, 2006 at 10:06 PM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Electric_Mofo
It all depends on what you need. I use the black rubber tips from the E2 which work best for me, I've never really understood the fuss with the foamies. To me the sound like crap, especially the Westone foamies which make me hate my E4's.

Ditto. Complies muffle the sound...IMHO

Oct 9, 2006 at 10:22 PM Post #13 of 15
Only the long ones. The short ones are great.

Oct 9, 2006 at 10:25 PM Post #14 of 15
Normal foamies sound the best for me. Probably won't try the comply tips anytime soon, since they look too much like the ER-6i foamies, and they were beyond painful.

Oct 9, 2006 at 11:02 PM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by azncookiecutter
Normal foamies sound the best for me. Probably won't try the comply tips anytime soon, since they look too much like the ER-6i foamies, and they were beyond painful.

Comply tips are extremely soft, feels like cottons, and I don't see why they would hurt, you can really give them a try
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back