1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

best tips for E4

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by errorrrr, Oct 9, 2006.
  1. errorrrr
    What's the best tips (block out most noise, tightest seal) for Shure E4Gs??

2. Dzjudz
    Whichever one works best for you. Why don't you try and see for yourself? I use biflanges myself.

3. errorrrr
    do shure have Biflanges like the one on ER6?? I am seriously disappointed with the supplied shure... they are not even as good as ER6's bi-flanged... >_< btw... are they all interchangeable???

4. Dzjudz
    Quote:

Originally Posted by errorrrr
    do shure have Biflanges like the one on ER6?? I am seriously disappointed with the supplied shure... they are not even as good as ER6's bi-flanged... >_<

I modded my triple flanges: cut off the stem and the smallest flange. They're great now.

5. Dzjudz
    Quote:

Originally Posted by errorrrr
    know where I can get already made double-flange that will fit shure E4s?? >_< I am too used to my Er6 double flanges..

Don't think you can get those. Why not do the same thing I did?

6. errorrrr
    know where I can get already made double-flange that will fit shure E4s?? >_< I am too used to my Er6 double flanges..

7. Jasper994 Contributor
    The included/available tri-flange from Shure is oversized and is made that way so you can customize it to your needs. I personally like to trim off the back (largest) flange such that the remaining stem is even with the bottom of the medium flange. This works best for me when using the E4. With the E5 I have to trim the stem even with the largest flange and then trim off the smallest flange.

The most accurate tip according to Sugarfried is the foam. As such, I generally use the foam myself. There are more durable foam tips currently in the R&D process.

8. milkpowder
    This is very personal, but I got the best seal with Comply tips.

9. PiccoloNamek
  10. derek8555
    I find modded Shure biflange gives best compromise of comfort, performance and durability. I used it on my E4C, then ER4s, and now UM2.

11. Electric_Mofo
    It all depends on what you need. I use the black rubber tips from the E2 which work best for me, I've never really understood the fuss with the foamies. To me the sound like crap, especially the Westone foamies which make me hate my E4's.

12. derek8555
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Electric_Mofo
    It all depends on what you need. I use the black rubber tips from the E2 which work best for me, I've never really understood the fuss with the foamies. To me the sound like crap, especially the Westone foamies which make me hate my E4's.

Ditto. Complies muffle the sound...IMHO

13. PiccoloNamek
    Only the long ones. The short ones are great.

14. azncookiecutter
    Normal foamies sound the best for me. Probably won't try the comply tips anytime soon, since they look too much like the ER-6i foamies, and they were beyond painful.

15. derek8555
    Quote:

Originally Posted by azncookiecutter
    Normal foamies sound the best for me. Probably won't try the comply tips anytime soon, since they look too much like the ER-6i foamies, and they were beyond painful.

Comply tips are extremely soft, feels like cottons, and I don't see why they would hurt, you can really give them a try [​IMG]