Best System Synergy For CHORD MOJO (and possibly Hugo) - AMP/SPEAKERS/HEADPHONES
Apr 16, 2017 at 4:03 PM Post #121 of 126
BUMP, im thinking about getting the JBL LSR 305 I was wondering if maybe for the money there would be something more viable. I have had the opportunity to use the mojo with the LSR306 at my cousins house and I have to admit that it definitely a beautiful sound

Mar 2, 2018 at 12:38 AM Post #122 of 126
bump since I don't find any other thread about this question. What is the best headphone to get with the chord mojo? I have tested a few and the Beyerdynamic dt770 250ohm comes first. Better than the Focal Utopia that cost 25x more. Yes. The synergy between the mojo and the dt770 is better. The beyer gives a boomy bass that extend very low and the mojo counters that very well with detailed lows and controlled punch. The mojo is already very articulate so pairing that with the Utopia is a mistake. Utopia brings a lot of the nuances to the ear of the listener, so you will hear a very technical/analytical sound if you pair it with the mojo. Someone said that the Chord Mojo slightly elevate the upper mid region.I think I agree with that... the dt770 slighlty recess that region according to the graph and the higher treble boost from the dt770 also counters the slightly warmer treble from the mojo. At the end, the sound is very neutral and musical to me and everything sound natural: the soundstage, the frequencies and the dynamics. Nothing seem to be messed up.

That cheaper pairing also beat the AKG K812 that I use at home with the bifrost MB gen5 and lyr 2. And that already sound great. That gives you an idea how strong two elements that complement each other can be, even when competing against a $4k headphone.

Choose wisely your pairing.

Aug 26, 2018 at 3:05 PM Post #123 of 126
Hello guys.
Im on a hunt for a mojo to be used as a DAC for my HIFI home set up.

My plan is :

APPLE TV 4 - HDMI to SONY TV - OPTICAL out to MOJO - 3.5mm jack to RCA to my HARMAN KARDON PREAMP 725(vintage) & HARMAN KARDON 775 Monobloc PowerAmp - KEF LS50 (passive)

This way, im sure im streaming lossless files.
Mojo is the only thing missing in my PLAN.

Attachments

• EC4C3AE0-5453-43F6-B4F1-D64D95EDFD5C.jpeg
    EC4C3AE0-5453-43F6-B4F1-D64D95EDFD5C.jpeg
    179.7 KB · Views: 0
Aug 26, 2018 at 3:07 PM Post #124 of 126
bump since I don't find any other thread about this question. What is the best headphone to get with the chord mojo? I have tested a few and the Beyerdynamic dt770 250ohm comes first. Better than the Focal Utopia that cost 25x more. Yes. The synergy between the mojo and the dt770 is better. The beyer gives a boomy bass that extend very low and the mojo counters that very well with detailed lows and controlled punch. The mojo is already very articulate so pairing that with the Utopia is a mistake. Utopia brings a lot of the nuances to the ear of the listener, so you will hear a very technical/analytical sound if you pair it with the mojo. Someone said that the Chord Mojo slightly elevate the upper mid region.I think I agree with that... the dt770 slighlty recess that region according to the graph and the higher treble boost from the dt770 also counters the slightly warmer treble from the mojo. At the end, the sound is very neutral and musical to me and everything sound natural: the soundstage, the frequencies and the dynamics. Nothing seem to be messed up.

That cheaper pairing also beat the AKG K812 that I use at home with the bifrost MB gen5 and lyr 2. And that already sound great. That gives you an idea how strong two elements that complement each other can be, even when competing against a $4k headphone.

Choose wisely your pairing.

Try FINAL AUDIO PANDORA VI.
They are a great pair.

Sep 30, 2018 at 1:58 PM Post #126 of 126
My small HI-FI system with Chord Mojo used as DAC:
1. Dap Fiio X5(I)
2. Moon Audio black dragon mini coaxial cable
3. Chord Mojo (DAC)
4. Russ Andrews GQ interconnect (DCT treatment)
5. Russ Andrews RAVE1 Mercury (Tripath TA2021B)
6. Supra Classic 2.5 speakers cable
7. SVS Prime Satellite speakers
8. SVS SB-1000 subwoofer .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back