Best Surround Headsets?
Jun 14, 2013 at 10:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

vandey

New Head-Fier
Just curious what is the best surround headsets out there right now? I am new getting into surround for my PC, I have a decent audio card that produces great 5.1 sound. Currently I just have a pair PC 150's from Sennheiser and was looking at the PC 363D, but not sure if that is the right direction or if there is something much better out there. The guys over at Tom's Hardware keep suggesting people come over here so I thought I'd give it a shot.

By the way I love my PC 150's my brother has a pair of 150's as well as the PC 360 and I think the actual sound on the 150's sound better than the 360's (everything in the 360 sounds a bit off or muffled). So what I am looking for is something with great sound quality as well as a very good microphone, which I know Sennheiser has just a little unsure because the sound of the 360's I didn't care much for the sound.

Anyways what are some of the best surround headsets out today? I've heard virtual is the way to go otherwise you sacrifice driver size, is that correct or a misnomer?

Any suggestions would be appreciated! Price point isn't such a huge deal as I am looking at the PC 363D which is around $250 but I'd like to stay around that price point or even less if there are better things out there that are cheaper.

Jun 15, 2013 at 10:11 AM Post #3 of 8
Yes, I have a Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro. It does great surround sound. I had a 5.1 system hookup up to it for some time but my office space does not allow for my bulky 5.1 system. This is why I'd like a surround headset. I loved my 5.1 system because I could tell when people were behind me when playing games. I want to get the same experience. Just curious what kind of recommendations people have.

Jun 15, 2013 at 3:45 PM Post #4 of 8
That's good; you can dedicate the whole budget toward headphones!

If the PC360 isn't doing it for you, though...well, the Beyerdynamic MMX300's out of your budget, and most other headsets just aren't worth it.

Will a pair of any decent headphone + a ModMic suffice?

Jun 27, 2013 at 10:19 AM Post #6 of 8
Probably not. I don't know, though.

Jun 27, 2013 at 10:24 AM Post #7 of 8
Just get a regular headphone with a large soundstage and use Dolby Headphone or Virtual Surround from your sound card.

Jun 27, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:
Not sure I really want to do the ModMic, I wonder if the sound quality on the PC363D is better than the PC360?

According to what some guys say, there are some improvements. Not huge 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back