Best Sub 150$ in-ear
Aug 18, 2018 at 5:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

vickie2006

100+ Head-Fier
Hello everyone,
I lost this week my RHA MA750 after three years of heavy use with a replacement from them after two years of use (Best Customer service).

Today I'm Looking for 100$ in-ear and still didn't decide which one is better:
Ibasso IT01
Massdrop Mee Planamic (Still on production - but planar on in-ear are quite interesting)
V-sonic Gr07 detachable (Vsonic is known for their hi-fi at a low price)
TFZ KING II (Really new version)

Durability, Warranty, fun sound tune, and comfort are the main features that I'm looking.
Let's say after looking at IT01 cable I feel ashamed of my RHA cable.

If you have another offers or new ideas to think about, I will be more then happy to hear it.

Good Day :)

Aug 18, 2018 at 5:08 PM Post #2 of 13
Very happy with my IT01. The cable is outstanding and the sound quality is above its price-point IMO. Have not heard that many of the others you list but I would also recommend you consider a ZS10--it is also terrific and an excellent value.

Aug 18, 2018 at 5:18 PM Post #3 of 13
Very happy with my IT01. The cable is outstanding and the sound quality is above its price-point IMO. Have not heard that many of the others you list but I would also recommend you consider a ZS10--it is also terrific and an excellent value.
Sry for the lame question - but how their warranty?
I have the bad relationship with in-ear... hopefully RHA was great taking care of it with their 3 years solid warranty.

Aug 18, 2018 at 5:25 PM Post #4 of 13
Sry for the lame question - but how their warranty?
I have the bad relationship with in-ear... hopefully RHA was great taking care of it with their 3 years solid warranty.
The IT01 warranty is one year, but the components are all high-quality and again the cable is outstanding. Have not heard of significant build quality issues with the IT01. RHA have the best warranty, no doubt about it.

Aug 19, 2018 at 12:28 AM Post #5 of 13
Hi Vickie2006,

IT 01 is the best value for your needs as @serman005 has stated.
Personally & subjectively, I use it as a daily driver more often than not.
Also, iBasso customer service is among the best in the industry so even if you, in the unlikely event of any issues, it is quite easy to resolve.

Don't have personal experience with RHA but then their sound isn't to my taste but that's just my personal, subjective & humble opinion so can't comment more than that.

Hope you have a great day !

Aug 19, 2018 at 2:01 AM Post #7 of 13
The IT01 warranty is one year, but the components are all high-quality and again the cable is outstanding. Have not heard of significant build quality issues with the IT01. RHA has the best warranty, no doubt about it.
Just asking,
Heard in some reviews that the IT have a problem to disconnect the driver for the cable.
Did you encounter that problem?
Hi Vickie2006,

IT 01 is the best value for your needs as @serman005 has stated.
Personally & subjectively, I use it as a daily driver more often than not.
Also, iBasso customer service is among the best in the industry so even if you, in the unlikely event of any issues, it is quite easy to resolve.

Don't have personal experience with RHA but then their sound isn't to my taste but that's just my personal, subjective & humble opinion so can't comment more than that.

Thanks, I know they have awesome value - But I looking for a long time use.
Don't want to fool by the review - and after a year of use to find myself looking again for another pair.
The IT look durable though... But no one can guaranty...

The fiio f9s are also in this space, and they are nicely built too.

I like the mmcx, since I can swap cables and or add a mmcx Bluetooth cable
Thanks - I will look up for them.

Jun 4, 2019 at 2:50 AM Post #9 of 13
The Amazon review for IT01 is not flattering at all and mostly related to the build quality. Concerned if I should pull the trigger.
Every product has its own flawless.
I have the it01 for about 6 month - the cable is used, and some of it has been worn down.
But the build is great - and if you take care of it in the case it should survive for a long time (I'm not put it in the case all the time...).

But today, you have a lot of options in the same price range - like Kansas pro.
I remember I saw another good product at the same price range, but I don't remember the name...

I conclude, it01 is good, for my taste.
The cable is awesome, the sound is fun tunely and accurate and has good build quality.
The problem starts when you plug out the mmcx cable without any tools.
But, if you have a problem - I think that sending the cable or the product to ibasso through Paul, the will for a tiny fee fix the cable and send it back.

Jun 12, 2019 at 2:09 AM Post #10 of 13
The Amazon review for IT01 is not flattering at all and mostly related to the build quality. Concerned if I should pull the trigger.

@kodreaming,

Amazon reviews should generally be taken with a large grain of salt & then some...
Unfortunately most Amazon reviews tend to be fake, be it positive or negative, so go figure.

Anyway, as a long time owner of the IT 01, close to 3 years now, I have experienced no issues whatsoever & like @vickie2006 stated, as long as you take care of your gear, you should be more than fine, so well said there, @vickie2006.

Also, Paul from iBasso is among the best at resolving any potential problems quickly if any does occur so peace of mind there cannot be overstated.

@vickie2006,

For swapping out mmcx connector cables easily, no matter how tight the connecter may be, I suggest from my own experience turning the cable in the socket a few times in either direction as this seems to 'loosen' said connector in socket, making it easier to pull free.
In this way, no lifting tools are needed.

Hope everyone has a great day !

Jun 12, 2019 at 10:49 AM Post #11 of 13
I used to own the IT01 and the Mee Planamic. The IT01 was a tad too V-shaped in its sound tuning for me. I prefer my mids a bit more forward than the lower treble. The opposite problem is true for the Planamic. It’s a very smooth *liquid* sounding IEM that can be addicting, but the treble is way too recessed and the mids are tuned too brightly to compensate. It feels like a version 1.0 where they needed another iteration to get it right.

But still, both are overall enjoyable to listen to, and I do love me a single dynamic driver design. The curvy housing shape of the IT01 made it difficult to get many MMCX cables to fit properly though. It’s picky with cables for that reason. Loved the housing on the Planamic. Very comfortable and low profile.

I have the Moondrop Kanas (non-Pro) being shipped out. I expect that to be a better match for my tastes than the IT01 or Planamic. Also been hearing good things about the TFZ No.3.

And while I prefer the E5000’s refinement and smoothness (it’s my current fave), the Final Audio E4000 is an excellently tuned IEM for ~$150.

Jun 13, 2019 at 2:47 AM Post #12 of 13
I used to own the IT01 and the Mee Planamic. The IT01 was a tad too V-shaped in its sound tuning for me. I prefer my mids a bit more forward than the lower treble. The opposite problem is true for the Planamic. It’s a very smooth *liquid* sounding IEM that can be addicting, but the treble is way too recessed and the mids are tuned too brightly to compensate. It feels like a version 1.0 where they needed another iteration to get it right.

But still, both are overall enjoyable to listen to, and I do love me a single dynamic driver design. The curvy housing shape of the IT01 made it difficult to get many MMCX cables to fit properly though. It’s picky with cables for that reason. Loved the housing on the Planamic. Very comfortable and low profile.

I have the Moondrop Kanas (non-Pro) being shipped out. I expect that to be a better match for my tastes than the IT01 or Planamic. Also been hearing good things about the TFZ No.3.

And while I prefer the E5000’s refinement and smoothness (it’s my current fave), the Final Audio E4000 is an excellently tuned IEM for ~$150.
When I bought the iBasso, Kansas not yet sold. It looks promising, but as I read they natural, so not my signature taste.
Update the differences when they will arrive.

Furthermore, I don't love the Final design too weird. And don't look comfortable...

@kodreaming,

Amazon reviews should generally be taken with a large grain of salt & then some...
Unfortunately most Amazon reviews tend to be fake, be it positive or negative, so go figure.

Anyway, as a long time owner of the IT 01, close to 3 years now, I have experienced no issues whatsoever & like @vickie2006 stated, as long as you take care of your gear, you should be more than fine, so well said there, @vickie2006.

Also, Paul from iBasso is among the best at resolving any potential problems quickly if any does occur so peace of mind there cannot be overstated.

@vickie2006,

For swapping out mmcx connector cables easily, no matter how tight the connecter may be, I suggest from my own experience turning the cable in the socket a few times in either direction as this seems to 'loosen' said connector in socket, making it easier to pull free.
In this way, no lifting tools are needed.

Hope everyone has a great day !

I hope that Paul will help me in the future. I was RHA customer - so I have high demands of service :)

Jun 13, 2019 at 10:13 AM Post #13 of 13
Hi @vickie2006,

You have nothing to worry about.

While I obviously can't speak for him personally @Paul - iBasso will definitely help 'ANY' iBasso customer & will do his utmost to help resolve any potential issues in the unlikely event they occur.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back