CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 17, 2018 at 5:29 PM Post #14,251 of 31,831
I forgot about that. I was surprised that the A7 cable was not as flexible as it looked in photos. It was ok though. The metal shells are gorgeous.

Metal shells on the A7, or the ZSN?

Because the A7 LOOKS like it has a metal back, but it’s a fake metal back. It’s simply plastic with a coating that looks like brushed metal. That was actually a disappointment on the A7, as I would have preferred a metal back cover.

Nov 17, 2018 at 5:42 PM Post #14,252 of 31,831
Metal shells on the A7, or the ZSN?

Because the A7 LOOKS like it has a metal back, but it’s a fake metal back. It’s simply plastic with a coating that looks like brushed metal. That was actually a disappointment on the A7, as I would have preferred a metal back cover.

The A7. I thought the whole thing was a lump of metal. Well they faked me out.

Nov 17, 2018 at 5:50 PM Post #14,253 of 31,831
So guys, who’s the first to compare the ZSN with the T2? It's time! :)

Nov 17, 2018 at 5:52 PM Post #14,254 of 31,831
So guys, who’s the first to compare the ZSN with the T2? It's time! :)

You? I don't have a T2... never wanted one (unless you mean the Einsear T2).

Nov 17, 2018 at 6:14 PM Post #14,256 of 31,831
Given that the ZSN is almost half the cost, I’d definitely choose the ZSN over the A7.
Pros of the A7:
Mmcx
Nice Carry case
Smaller shell, rounded = more comfort
More prominent treble (may or may not be a good thing depending on your treble tolerance)
Pros of the ZSN:
Better bass
Nicer shell - better plastic and nice metal
Purple/silver has nicer cable than the A7 cable
More balanced sound
Cheaper price

Awesome, I am glad I went for ZSN.
A7´s carrying case looks identical to the one used for Ibasso IT01
Someone happens to know where can I get one of those cases?
thanks

Nov 17, 2018 at 6:41 PM Post #14,257 of 31,831
Awesome, I am glad I went for ZSN.
A7´s carrying case looks identical to the one used for Ibasso IT01
Someone happens to know where can I get one of those cases?
thanks
They sell them in Amazon but they are very expensive at least in the UK buy the A7 and get the case as well makes much more sense. A7 need some burn in with pink noise for 50 hours. Also very sensitive to different sources. My LG G5 phone has two chips the ordinary that comes with the phone and the B&O dac that was added as extra. It sounds much better with the ordinary dac compared to the B&O. I have also tested for a while on the LG G7 and they sounded even better. I don't have the ZSN but to me the A7 are better than most popular IEMs. Am sure ZSN will be out there for some time but not the A7 as they are discontinued.

Nov 17, 2018 at 6:45 PM Post #14,258 of 31,831
Nov 17, 2018 at 8:26 PM Post #14,259 of 31,831
With all the talk abt the Hifiwalker A7, KZ ZSN, DZAudio D4 and that i dont have any and am struggling to sell my KZ ZSR in my local marketplace, i decided to just give them a go by squeezing the spinfits into the wide nozzle (CP100 which apparently fits in with a little more force) and also using the upgraded silver/copper wires.

So i wore them at night while i was playing some games, then watch some youtube and the fit was so much more comfortable than before. Soundwise i think they are very engaging, nice rounded and a slight emphasis to the lower range. What i meant by the rounded sound is that the vocals have a smooth finish at the end hmm to put it into visuals, maybe its like Lego, where the edge has a sharp finish. With the ZSR the edge has a smoother, rounded finish which may be good and not (personally i like them) It has alot of depth, but the music is like trying to squeeze through a hole into the ears (like a funnel, not tuat narrow, but u get it). Also, they are less resolving than the AS10.

The rest of the regions are pretty balanced but there should be a bump at the lower treble region, but not piercing by any means (i'm thinking metal / EDM would sound good but i dont have any in my SD card at the moment). The isolation is just decent, its pretty comfortable as they are really light coupled with the fact that its over the ears.

Aesthetically they look damn nice to me which was part of the reason that i got the green one. I actually bought a nail polisher during my trip last month to remove the left and right painting on the back face shell but i didnt as i didnt like the sound initially. Now i am undecided if i should keep them as they might not sound the best, but its really good considering the price i paid ($11 after a $3.5 coupon).

Nov 17, 2018 at 8:34 PM Post #14,260 of 31,831
They sell them in Amazon but they are very expensive at least in the UK buy the A7 and get the case as well makes much more sense. A7 need some burn in with pink noise for 50 hours. Also very sensitive to different sources. My LG G5 phone has two chips the ordinary that comes with the phone and the B&O dac that was added as extra. It sounds much better with the ordinary dac compared to the B&O. I have also tested for a while on the LG G7 and they sounded even better. I don't have the ZSN but to me the A7 are better than most popular IEMs. Am sure ZSN will be out there for some time but not the A7 as they are discontinued.

Agreed. The A7 are still excellent IEMs; definitely much better than your average IEM.

Especially if you’re looking for a warm v shaped IEM with accentuated treble.

Anyone who knows what the EMI CI-880 aka the Estron/Timmkoo C630 sound like, will know what to expect with the HiFi Walker A7. The A7 is better than the CI-880 IMO, as they are more comfortable, has a significantly better cable, and the low end extends much deeper and punches harder than the CI-880.

The ZSN is more balanced than the A7, which not everyone may want. There’s still lots of people that like v shaped IEMs.

I mean, tonight on my way out the door I had my choice between the ZSN and A7. I grabbed the A7, and I don’t regret the decision at all.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2018 at 8:39 PM Post #14,261 of 31,831
With all the talk abt the Hifiwalker A7, KZ ZSN, DZAudio D4 and that i dont have any and am struggling to sell my KZ ZSR in my local marketplace, i decided to just give them a go by squeezing the spinfits into the wide nozzle (CP100 which apparently fits in with a little more force) and also using the upgraded silver/copper wires.

So i wore them at night while i was playing some games, then watch some youtube and the fit was so much more comfortable than before. Soundwise i think they are very engaging, nice rounded and a slight emphasis to the lower range. What i meant by the rounded sound is that the vocals have a smooth finish at the end hmm to put it into visuals, maybe its like Lego, where the edge has a sharp finish. With the ZSR the edge has a smoother, rounded finish which may be good and not (personally i like them) It has alot of depth, but the music is like trying to squeeze through a hole into the ears (like a funnel, not tuat narrow, but u get it). Also, they are less resolving than the AS10.

The rest of the regions are pretty balanced but there should be a bump at the lower treble region, but not piercing by any means (i'm thinking metal / EDM would sound good but i dont have any in my SD card at the moment). The isolation is just decent, its pretty comfortable as they are really light coupled with the fact that its over the ears.

Aesthetically they look damn nice to me which was part of the reason that i got the green one. I actually bought a nail polisher during my trip last month to remove the left and right painting on the back face shell but i didnt as i didnt like the sound initially. Now i am undecided if i should keep them as they might not sound the best, but its really good considering the price i paid ($11 after a $3.5 coupon).

Wow, $11 for the ZSR is :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2018 at 12:34 AM Post #14,264 of 31,831
Is Audiobudget's website not working for anyone else?

Nov 18, 2018 at 1:39 AM Post #14,265 of 31,831
Is Audiobudget's website not working for anyone else?
I believe if reviewer works for someone it is rather particular seller than manufacturer as the most popular models in the 100-300 range are assembled by the same OEM then sold via dozen brands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back