CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
May 19, 2016 at 9:29 AM Post #121 of 31,831
yeah metal is not about bass, the examples of the phones I gave offer a nice clarity, separation of instruments, detail and guitars sound good

p.s. just listening to my recent discovery: Haggard - Eppur Si Muove, amazing stuff

Hum, my BIG problem with Heavy Metal is that I can't deal with the guttural metal-signature type of voice...like with Haggard I was all happy, violin, choral signer and BAM, drum and BAM this vooooooooooooooooice. It's a matter of taste and a proof I will never be a real Metal fan, but I was wondering if there any ''ONLY Instrumental'' metal bands that worth the listen?

Anyway, I'll continue my search for best earphones for Metal.
Swing IE800 are very detailed but perhaps it lack in punch and air to feel properly the drums and heavy toms.
The Easy DIY UE custom dual drivers earphones could be an interesting one. Will try them more to know....
I think they have quite an impressive instruments separation for the price so it could be the one!

May 19, 2016 at 10:08 AM Post #122 of 31,831

Hum, my BIG problem with Heavy Metal is that I can't deal with the guttural metal-signature type of voice...like with Haggard I was all happy, violin, choral signer and BAM, drum and BAM this vooooooooooooooooice. It's a matter of taste and a proof I will never be a real Metal fan, but I was wondering if there any ''ONLY Instrumental'' metal bands that worth the listen?

Swing IE800 are very detailed but perhaps it lack in punch and air to feel properly the drums and heavy toms.
The Easy DIY UE custom dual drivers earphones could be an interesting one. Will try them more to know....
I think they have quite an impressive instruments separation for the price so it could be the one!

link please

May 19, 2016 at 11:18 AM Post #123 of 31,831
(((((PARENTHESIS))))

Just receive the TENNMARK  DULCIMER:

First impression is VERY POSITIVE.
Wasn't expecting this type of sound from earphones of this look!
It have weight in it's soud, texture and a good soundstage...will listen more!

PS: My enthusiasm is even more hyped because I paid 10$ for them!

CHeers!

May 19, 2016 at 11:19 AM Post #124 of 31,831
There you go for the DIY UE Custom:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016-New-DIY-UE-Custom-Made-Around-Ear-Earphone-Dual-Unit-In-Ear-Dynamic-HIFI-Headphones/32640320497.html?spm=2114.13010208.99999999.261.0e2YOs

May 19, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #125 of 31,831
  (((((PARENTHESIS))))

Just receive the TENNMARK  DULCIMER:

First impression is VERY POSITIVE.
Wasn't expecting this type of sound from earphones of this look!
It have weight in it's soud, texture and a good soundstage...will listen more!

PS: My enthusiasm is even more hyped because I paid 10$ for them!

CHeers!

Yes I would love to try some of these because the Tenmak Piano is fantastic and they use the same driver as Dulcimer. I thought they only came in red. Having a black is another +1 for me. Might have to add some to my wishlist.

May 19, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #126 of 31,831
..like with Haggard I was all happy, violin, choral signer and BAM, drum and BAM this vooooooooooooooooice. It's a matter of taste and a proof I will never be a real Metal fan, but I was wondering if there any ''ONLY Instrumental'' metal bands that worth the listen?

I don't like growling but Haggard is an exception :)

As for instrumental metal, on Spotify I found PELICAN and for example their album WHAT WE ALL COME TO NEED

is the offer for Dulcimer for 10usd still available?

May 19, 2016 at 1:53 PM Post #127 of 31,831

There are always Instrumental versions of Avantasia's songs, which sound pretty amazing if I may add:

May 19, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #128 of 31,831

Actually a lot of bands lately have been releasing albums with and without vocals. Nightwish did that and Kamelot. Those do not have the growling vocals anyway. Another good example would be The Ocean, who kind of wrote their album both ways.

May 19, 2016 at 4:13 PM Post #129 of 31,831
I don't like growling but Haggard is an exception :)

As for instrumental metal, on Spotify I found PELICAN and for example their album WHAT WE ALL COME TO NEED

is the offer for Dulcimer for 10usd still available?

Yeah, I kind of heard about Pelican and should listen to them soon.
 I Like post-rock stuff like ''old" Explosion in the Sky, Mono, God speed you!emperor etc..
So much goooood music, should have 6 pairs of ears to be able to keep track.

I just check for the Dulcimer and the code is unfortunately expired...if it come back I will tell here but i'm sure you can find it for a little less than 20$...somewhere...don't know where...now it's 20 on Gearbest and most Aliexpress, but Aliexpress got coupons and stuffs...

PS: Me too I prefer the sober black version...even if I can sometime listen to rap I do not like Dr.Dre wanna Beat style and sporty looking stuff.
I prefer austere bad ass looking stuffs.

Listening to the new Radiohead album with my Dulcimer right now, vocals aren't supremely fowards but still over average V shaped earphones and quite clear, sound is very energic and when their some bass the dynamic is superb! Really, this is the kind of earphones finding I will compare to the Xiaomi Pistons 2, they make me feel more like a ''enthusiast'' music connaisseur than a ''audiophile'' one but in the good sens of the term, if that make sens
blink.gif

Perhaps I should try some near-Metal now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back