CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
May 7, 2018 at 9:47 AM Post #10,336 of 31,831
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32812...b2d7-32be43aa00e8,scm-url:1007.18500.102169.0

Company claiming it to sound like ie800s but better in mids and bass by some dB.

Well this is something new.

Freq response of both of these are same by the company.

If they manage to improve over decay and distortion compared to ie800s, then this is really some crazy business going on.

Because when I heard ie800s, I was overwhelmed by the soundstage it produced. Near to level of beyer dt770 studio but with that in ear sound(in ear sound staging capabilities are very small. But ie800s were able to produce some soundstage....i think half of beyer dt770 which is very good).

If this thing comes closer, then this is a steal

May 7, 2018 at 9:49 AM Post #10,337 of 31,831
HTB14KgQLVXXXXadapXXq6xXFXXX8.jpg_640x640q90.jpg
this one

May 7, 2018 at 10:18 AM Post #10,339 of 31,831
Mod comment: We're seeing a number of products being discussed in the thread that are against Head-Fi's guidelines. This is a general reminder that we do not allow discussion of knock-offs, "DIY [IEM]", or clones on the forums. Additionally, we continually receive reports on posts containing products from Easy Earphone's brands (****, ****, ****, etc...) which we do not permit. For details on Easy Earphone, please see Currawong's post here.

We'd like to avoid shutting down this thread, so we ask that everyone please keep the discussion within the Posting Guidelines and Terms of Service.

May 7, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #10,340 of 31,831
Mod comment: We're seeing a number of products being discussed in the thread that are against Head-Fi's guidelines. This is a general reminder that we do not allow discussion of knock-offs, "DIY [IEM]", or clones on the forums. Additionally, we continually receive reports on posts containing products from Easy Earphone's brands (****, ****, ****, etc...) which we do not permit. For details on Easy Earphone, please see Currawong's post here.

We'd like to avoid shutting down this thread, so we ask that everyone please keep the discussion within the Posting Guidelines and Terms of Service.

In addition to reporting posts we routinely share this information with new and existing members but those posts are quickly lost since the thread moves so quickly. Maybe it would be helpful to pin a list of banned companies in a visible location to aid in transparency. The included link is on page 2008 of a closed thread. Not likely people will stumble across it in regular forum use.

May 7, 2018 at 10:25 AM Post #10,341 of 31,831
DIY is also a term that does not necessarily mean a copy or knock off but a unique bijou make

May 7, 2018 at 10:37 AM Post #10,342 of 31,831

Aaah lol, ROFL

Well I though only **** and **** were banned.

Sorry, I didn't knew that...

But I want to ask why **** is listed on head gear then.

All **** model are mentioned on head fi head gear.

I myself corrected myself from using those banned names and even their impression is also not in use anymore.

Ummmm....

Well head fi should add a feature to tags on bottom of page to add some notices..

And the link you shared is also not clear by what we have to not say....

If you can mention some names, I will remember those and help in some moderation here and there.

Last edited:
May 7, 2018 at 10:49 AM Post #10,343 of 31,831
In addition to reporting posts we routinely share this information with new and existing members but those posts are quickly lost since the thread moves so quickly. Maybe it would be helpful to pin a list of banned companies in a visible location to aid in transparency. The included link is on page 2008 of a closed thread. Not likely people will stumble across it in regular forum use.
I'll bring up this suggestion to the team and see what they think.

DIY is also a term that does not necessarily mean a copy or knock off but a unique bijou make
DIY as a general rules means "Do It Yourself" and is indeed not necessarily a knock-off or copy. However, when it's "DIY [IEM] it's almost always a knock-off. An example of one can be seen two posts above mine, the "DIY 800" IEM is quite clearly a Sennheiser IE800 knock-off.

But I want to ask why **** is listed on head gear then.

All **** model are mentioned on head fi head gear.
It was recently brought to our attention that **** is an Easy Earphone brand. We will be removing their products from the Head Gear section soon.

May 7, 2018 at 10:57 AM Post #10,346 of 31,831
Err wait was **** involved ?! I thought it was just E*sy and DQ*M ? **** was a standalone brand which were sold by many other vendor as well and yea it has few head-fi reviews of the UES so i don't think it is banned.
**** is not the first Easy Earphone brand sold by other vendors. We were only recently made aware of the connection, so we have added the brand to the list we do not permit.

May 7, 2018 at 11:09 AM Post #10,348 of 31,831

This Currawong post is from 2008 and it does not mention certain brands you are pointing out.

I was not aware that **** is a brand from a "banned" company" - I don't think it is. The burden of proof is on you. There are tons of stores carrying it and Head Fi is full of ****. As to knockoffs - any mentioning of the KZ ZS6 should be deleted, too...which would essentially shut down Head Fi.

You may entertain the idea of an amnesty 10 years down the road considering that any murderer is eligible for parole after 15 years - at least in Canada...and to avoid confusion in the younger crowd.

Last edited:
May 7, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #10,349 of 31,831
This Currawong post is from 2008 and it does not mention certain brands you are pointing out.
I linked the page 2008 post for the shortest path to the history, but we have addressed the Easy Earphone brands (and linked to that same post) multiple times across the forums. For example, here's Brooko's post which addresses the topic. **** has indicated that **** is one of their many sub-brands, so as a result **** will not be permitted on the forums going forward.

May 7, 2018 at 12:05 PM Post #10,350 of 31,831
Well, some Chinese says that they broke up with easy earphone in 2016, but that is not a reliable post.

And they released the **** 4in1 to prove it..

LoL..

Well, we don't know what's going on there in China but KZ ripoffed Andromeda and then added 2pin and vents. Well that is something what we call rip off and edit.

Whereas **** copied UE name but design, working philosophy is completely different.

I dont see any **** being rip off expect of en900.

Easy earphone goudang is notorious of copying.

BGVP was also a part of them but they separated and created SIDY and the DS, DN and DM series.

Everybody will laugh out loud, now.

The easy earphone renamed themselves as **** and **** is not their part.

They just use the same factory for manufacturing their product. Even KZ, QKZ, BGVP and some brands use the same place for driver construction.

Users who are viewing this thread

• AIME
Back