CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 17, 2018 at 6:07 PM Post #9,377 of 31,831
Looking for an IEM to use on the go so durable up to $50 with good isolation and durable. My preference is acoustic male/female singers, forward mids, not very bassy but especially not very bright. Also as fast as possible in this price range. I have the TinAudio T2 (which is bright but otherwise great), the KZ ZSR also very nice but boomy and mids not forward enough, DZAT DF-10 are great (mids and clarity is inferior to the T2) also not very durable so not fit for purpose. Another great IEM for me is the Senzer H1 which has exactly the amount of bass, clarity and type of mids(forward) but again it is a bit bright. Also prefer silicone tips to foam ones. Am thinking of the URBANFUN and the PMV A-01 MK2 (a bit difficult to buy not a lot of sellers) as recommended by a good friend here. Any other suggestions. Thanks
the urbanfun and pmv are good suggestions--the **** ues and hlsx 808/ivalux bette also fit your bill

Apr 17, 2018 at 9:06 PM Post #9,379 of 31,831
Looking for an IEM to use on the go so durable up to $50 with good isolation and durable. My preference is acoustic male/female singers, forward mids, not very bassy but especially not very bright. Also as fast as possible in this price range. I have the TinAudio T2 (which is bright but otherwise great), the KZ ZSR also very nice but boomy and mids not forward enough, DZAT DF-10 are great (mids and clarity is inferior to the T2) also not very durable so not fit for purpose. Another great IEM for me is the Senzer H1 which has exactly the amount of bass, clarity and type of mids(forward) but again it is a bit bright. Also prefer silicone tips to foam ones. Am thinking of the URBANFUN and the PMV A-01 MK2 (a bit difficult to buy not a lot of sellers) as recommended by a good friend here. Any other suggestions. Thanks

the Urbanfun is also a bit bright to my ears though. from what you described the Einsear T2 would also fit the bill

Apr 17, 2018 at 11:35 PM Post #9,381 of 31,831
What's your opinion of the Azalea?
In general I like the bass and sub bass behavior from IEMs with micro drivers. I was expecting to get something that would have the pleasant bass of a micro driver design combined with the spacious of a BA but was a bit disappointed. The bass is big as in BIG and boomy but it surprisingly doesn't interfere into the mids often so guitars and vocals generally sound nice. It also has a reasonably smooth midrange and treble. That's the only reason I didn't discard them into the there's better pile. I really hate recessed mids and upper bass from many fun tunings but these aren't those. If you're the type who likes to add a bit of bass but would never tell your audiophile friends then these can be your guilty secret. These are not bass head IEMs. The nice mids and highs are just that, nice. They're a good sounding under $50 item but I prefer the Yersen Hybrid I recently received and from comments I think folks prefer TRN V20 although I think that the Yersen goes lower into the sub bass and makes a more satisfying rumble by sacrificing a bit of mid bass and sound at least as good across the rest of the spectrum than the V20.

If those others didn't exist I'd say they're a good choice if you want something without the extreme V of the typical fun tuning found in this category. But with the other 2 choices coming in closer to $25 than the $35 for the Azalea I can't recommend them.

Apr 18, 2018 at 12:07 AM Post #9,382 of 31,831
I was just looking at the Tennmak whirlwind and browsed through the shop.

Since its only 4 bucks difference, with an additional pair of pretty decent sounding IEM and 3 lesser pairs of tips, i just thought, why not? xD
Do you by any chance have a link? I looked and didn't see the deal and since I have 30 pairs each of KZ Starline tips on hand in M and L the hoarder in me feels that the lowly dozen of Tennmak Whirlwind tips should be increased. And I was curious about the sound of their IEMs.

Apr 18, 2018 at 1:08 AM Post #9,383 of 31,831
Silly question incoming..

Just received my Tin Audio T2’s, my first mmxc cabled earphones.

Just to double check, does the Red earphone connect to the Right cable, and the Blue to the Left?

I think that’s correct, but seen images of people having the Blue earphone in their right ear. With the earphone having the cable connection on one side of the earphone, don’t know whether the cable os meant to hang from the front of the earphone closer to the face or the back towards the back of the head.

Thanks in advance!
It should be Red-right, Blue-left when worn with the cable around the ear, and Red-left, Blue-right when worn with cable straight down.. However I prefer the fit around ear with Red-left, Blue-right, so that’s how I always have them connected.

Apr 18, 2018 at 1:46 AM Post #9,384 of 31,831
received_167640227283293.jpeg
Frequency response of Rose Forest North as sent by Rose Technics.

Apr 18, 2018 at 2:05 AM Post #9,385 of 31,831
Do you by any chance have a link? I looked and didn't see the deal and since I have 30 pairs each of KZ Starline tips on hand in M and L the hoarder in me feels that the lowly dozen of Tennmak Whirlwind tips should be increased. And I was curious about the sound of their IEMs.

Hope i linked it correctly. The item is shipped but unsure if they adhere to my request for the tips :p

http://s.aliexpress.com/i6BJnuMN?fromSns

Apr 18, 2018 at 2:09 AM Post #9,386 of 31,831
The other way round. Fidue A65 is muuuuuuuch better.
Aaaand... why then most ppl "fanboy" T2 instead A65 ? Fidue has much better customer support and QC also.
Btw, point-to-point attached wires are technically superior to mmcx and when taken care properly, it will outlast mmcx connectors (which have much more issues).

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2018 at 2:10 AM Post #9,387 of 31,831
Frequency response of Rose Forest North as sent by Rose Technics.
wow, quite nice!
Getting impatient to receive my Rose NF.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2018 at 3:45 AM Post #9,388 of 31,831
wow, quite nice!
Getting impatient to receive my Rose NF.

WELL ROSE IS USING are
IEC 60318-4

And i trust them....

well from some head fi forums, i got to know that Rose is not affiliated by any of the chinese tech giant and was made by some fellow researchers, aiming for true audio(somewhere in Head Fi).

Aurora was a bliss and North Forest was a surprise.

Aurora gave me a tamer Rhapsodio Clipper experience with much much faster mids and smooth treble.
sound stage was rounded with better bass depth rendered.

North Forest was a surprise that they were faster than aurora, bass was tamer to the exact cliff of bass-head and audiophile warm and mids were raised in comparision to aurora. treble was maintained...

But from my technical ears, aurora driver's are still superior as the difference in speed was just a little slow than north forest for Bass...... Head rumbling bass without losing any clarity on mids and treble

Apr 18, 2018 at 3:49 AM Post #9,389 of 31,831
Ugh, I'm such a sucker whenever something is advertised for using "Japanese" parts. Trust me, I know it doesn't really change much most of the time.

I'll probably grab a Rose North sometime soon.Would love to heat @CoiL 's impressions once he gets them though

Apr 18, 2018 at 4:17 AM Post #9,390 of 31,831
Hey guys, can you help me?
I'm looking for the best bang for the buck 3.5mm to 3.5mm chi-fi cables. i just need proper sound, good strain reliefs and small connectors (like the ones in Beats headphones cables).
Anyone know any good ones in the budget of 2-3$?
s-l225.jpg

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back