CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Feb 19, 2018 at 9:43 AM Post #7,130 of 31,831
Newest-BGVP-DS1-Hybrid-Earphone-Balanced-Armature-Dynamic-HiFi-Earphone-MMCX-Fever-Audiophile-Music-In-Ear.jpeg_220x220.jpeg

anyone have info about the new bgvp ds1 some forum users from a other source claim its better then flc8s and Onkyo E900M

Feb 19, 2018 at 10:55 AM Post #7,133 of 31,831
Contradict myself? how? I told that ATRv1 and current ATRv2 are using different drivers. I have had over 5 units of both, ATR & ATE (more of ATEs). I have opened and removed drivers from most of them (some were for gifts and not for modding). Now, read following with care: ATRv1 has blue shelled driver, without hole "lip" in front of diaphragm and nozzle inner diameter were larger than ATE before 5th version. ATE has always had red shelled driver, with hole "lip" in front of diaphragm and latest ATR & ATE have exactly same lentgh nozzles, same size port holes with same filtering material.
Now, to make it even more clear that ATRv1 and ATE 5th gen use different sounding drivers - I have tested both drivers in exactly same custom shell in same conditions - they sound different.
Current ATRv2 and ATE 5th gen do sound exactly same in exatly same conditions, and both have same looking red shelled drivers with hole "lip" in front of diaphragm.
ATR & ATE have not always had same drivers but now with latest (2 weeks ago received ATR & ATE) they are exactly same, in sound and physical looks.
I also have ATE 1st gen and 2nd gen, which have different sound due to different shells and filtering materials. 3rd gen were tuned slightly different. ATE-S was 4th gen but I do not have them (only heard once) which had more bass than regular ATE before 5th gen. Current 5th gen ATE is more neutral tuned and detailed in highs&mids than previous but still have some emphasis on bass but not so much as before.
If You want I can take pictures of my removed ATE&ATR drivers to show differences but I don`t have camera atm.
I know very well that some drivers look same but sound different but this is not the case here. I repeat myself - current latest ATR & ATE have exactly same drivers and sound exactly same in exactly same conditions - it wasn`t so before - so, You can`t recommend ATR and ATE to ppl as having different sound anymore.

Over and out :wink:
Thanks for the clarification. It may be very informative if you documented the changes of ATR and ATE over time in pics...as a general example of how KZ tacitly change their designs.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2018 at 11:01 AM Post #7,134 of 31,831
Well I am also in doubt.

Somebody said bgvp ds1 sound like ue900s but having more organic bass making it sound more natural.

/QUOTE]

I don't know that bgcvp1, but if this statement was true, they would be the first cheapo sounding like $400 earphones. I have my severe doubts.

Feb 19, 2018 at 11:11 AM Post #7,135 of 31,831
Well I am also in doubt.

Somebody said bgvp ds1 sound like ue900s but having more organic bass making it sound more natural.

Well I have to see.

New revelation....

TinAudio T2 spinfit sounds 88% of diffuse field with error on mid bass and mid treble

Can you please, give us a link to that discussion.

Thx.

Feb 19, 2018 at 11:21 AM Post #7,136 of 31,831
Thanks for the clarification. It may be very informative if you documented the changes of ATR and ATE over time in pics...as a general example of how KZ tacitly change their designs.
Actually, I have already done it in KZ thread, if You search, up to 5th gen ATE :wink: Now I just added the fact that ATR uses same driver. Maybe they had lot of ATE drivers leftover due to its popularity and wont produce ATRv1 drivers anymore, so, they just use ATE drivers. Who knows...

Feb 19, 2018 at 1:32 PM Post #7,139 of 31,831
Excited to get the Yersen FEN 2000 mostly for its goodies! Filtered tips could come to good use and large bore foams could be interesting...this is a lot for 18eu!!!
CyZbG6B.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back