CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Dec 22, 2017 at 8:11 AM Post #5,341 of 31,831
The link to the store i bought doesnt work anymore but these are the tips

NICEHCK 3 Pairs(6pcs) L M S In Ear Original KZ Tips Earbuds Earphone Silicone Eartips/Ear Sleeve/Ear Tip/Earbuds For KZ Earphone
http://s.aliexpress.com/2aEzmim6?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard
(from AliExpress Android)
Look like some tips I have with the ZS5 V2 and did care to use yet. Well well, think I will give some listen to 4in1 today:)

Dec 22, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #5,342 of 31,831
Well well, don't tell me more....I will want them....was thinking from a graphic I see that they use same driver...neutral and clarity, quite a different soundsig for sure! Are they bright or have hint of harshness??? Oh, and did they have this 3M long cable too, cause i'm not a recabler (i wish). IS a a fun neutral type or studio like neutral type if we can say that???

These last days the HF2010 take the back seat, because I just receive the takstar PRO82 wich are closed and very portable and comfy. Its like the opposite of the ISK. Fowards and detailed with a punchy grado like bass but that go deeper, mids are clear but not wide or upfront, still, not bass bleed here,except if you put max gain bass port, but comparatively to another headfier that suggest me these,I do not feel its unlistenable time to time to have some boomy in da mix. Otherwise we are in a more neutral sound with a little bass push so it give energy to music. Anyway, HF2010 will not be forget....not sure about that for the Bossfi B7 a receive 3 weeks ago, do a mod that make them sound less harsh and boomy, but was still using 2010 way more cause sounstage have way more deepness IMO
Yup! They are neutral and fun, since you can hear plenty of details because of its nice transparent and spacious presentation and they carry the same cable wire as the 2010. But, my front runner goes to the ISK HP980, which has the best resolution out of all the headphones I carry so far with a detachable cable and is also neutral as well. They are made for some serious recording for sure packing plenty of details from end to end. Vocals are the high-light on both the HP2011 and the HP980.
....I guess I gave you two choices to choose from now. :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #5,343 of 31,831
Euh...........
its christmass for me today, just receive the HCK order.
Euh....................
it's MIRACLE FOR THEY EARS today.

ZHIYIN Z5000 look like to be the must incredbible dynamic driver I heard until now.
Wasn't ready for that type of incredible sound, smooth with plenty of microdetails, excellent vocals and instrument separation, above average soundstage....again, just too excited to share here, not test the Tinaudio yet, not open. The Z5000 are something from another league if not another planet. And they look indestructible.
Really its like a comet enter my ears!!!!!!!!!!
HD is the term, but without clinicality, its organic, its extraterrestrial. Best 50$ (alisale now 60) I spent. This is another type experience and make me a beleiver of potential of single driver IEM.

200w.gif

''
Product Description:

1. NICEHCK ZhiYin Z5000: This is the 2016 newest design from ZhiYin electronic company, it is the ZhiYin first high-end earphone completely open design with the revolutionary tesla technology, when you hear the sound of it, it makes you shock again!

2. It uses 32Ω 10mm tesla technology dynamic drive unit, this is the latest drive technology, through a special cavity structure, It will give you a shock, impress!

3. The drive unit 10mm new tesla technology dynamic drive unit, frequency response reaches 10-35KHZ, the impedance of 32Ω, sensitivity 108dB/MW.

4. MMCX replaceable line design, to provide customers with more personalized options.

5. The low frequency sound field and wearing similar style hd series, IF and HF balanced, so it is a very unique top sound.
''
Tesla Technology Introduction:

1. From scratch designed transducers based on a neodymium ring magnet with optimized magnetic field profile which ensures that the interior of the transducer creates a stronger magnetic field (1.2 Tesla - A measurement of the magnetic flux density - in previous models, the magnetic field has a strength <0.65 Tesla).

2. This allows the coil run very sophisticated and yet a high efficiency (ratio of actual output power and power supplied) can be achieved.

3.The membrane, consisting of a 3-layer "compound foil", resulting in a highly accurate frequency response and guarantees in connection with the magnet an extremely transparent and distortion-free sound.

Now I have to pass the WOW What effect....if it pass, and give more feedback. This one is more than a keeper. True words.

Dec 22, 2017 at 1:00 PM Post #5,344 of 31,831
Yup! They are neutral and fun, since you can hear plenty of details because of its nice transparent and spacious presentation and they carry the same cable wire as the 2010. But, my front runner goes to the ISK HP980, which has the best resolution out of all the headphones I carry so far with a detachable cable and is also neutral as well. They are made for some serious recording for sure packing plenty of details from end to end. Vocals are the high-light on both the HP2011 and the HP980.
....I guess I gave you two choices to choose from now. :ksc75smile:

Well man, will put it on my wish list, read very good things about them, look too good to be true at 50$ and very very comfy too. BIG thanks for making my wallet checking me with ruefully eyes and asking, why again, why again please stop stabbing me with your fist!

BUT, another subject.

Did.You.Try.The.ZHIYIN 5000??????????????????

They look low profil....but its a invicible jewelery box in fact.

HTB1tka1NpXXXXXmaFXXq6xXFXXXD.jpg

Dec 22, 2017 at 1:10 PM Post #5,345 of 31,831
Well man, will put it on my wish list, read very good things about them, look too good to be true at 50$ and very very comfy too. BIG thanks for making my wallet checking me with ruefully eyes and asking, why again, why again please stop stabbing me with your fist!

BUT, another subject.

I've got the ($19) ZhiYin Z2000 (16Ω, 108dB/mW, 20Hz-20KHz, Metal housing, 1x Dynamic, MMCX cable), and I don't care for them. To me, it's a hollow, hearing music from a barrel kind of sound.
Hopefully the Z5000 has an upgraded Midrange quality.

Dec 22, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #5,346 of 31,831

BUT, another subject.

I've seen the same housing on taobao.com, but never heard or tried them yet.....they look very tempting to say the least! :yum:

Dec 22, 2017 at 1:50 PM Post #5,347 of 31,831
I've got the ($19) ZhiYin Z2000 (16Ω, 108dB/mW, 20Hz-20KHz, Metal housing, 1x Dynamic, MMCX cable), and I don't care for them. To me, it's a hollow, hearing music from a barrel kind of sound.
Z5000 use a tesla driver, don't know for Z2000.

Just make another search and it can be found for 40$ on ALI.

Sound is far from hollow with Z5000, microdetails without harshness. When i'm surprise by the sound cause it exceed my expectation I can became somewhat hysterical....im the emotional type ya know.
But really, im not finish talking about them. Must try all type of tips cause there alot include, take some pics check it out:
PC220636.JPG PC220631.JPG PC220632.JPG PC220633.JPG PC220638.JPG

Now....I just open the Tinaudio. Not bad, very impressive packaging, fancy looking....and GREAT cable. A real stole for the ailsale price (34$). Sound is very different tough so now I have brain damage....more bright, perhaps soundstage a little wider. Can't say for now...but they look quite promising sounding for real.

My only deception from this order is the Walnut V2.....sound like the price it cost, 25$, and must of all....amping is not powerfull...so not sure will use it as a portable wich was my goal. Perhaps its not charge enough. Anyway, return back to the Z5000 right now.

Dec 22, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #5,348 of 31,831
Just find the Z2000 you talk about and they look like very crappy construction using old Xiaomi V2 (copy-cat version) housing and use a DD driver not a tesla, we see glue everywhere...don't inspire confidence for sure.

Z5000 are heavier than Tinaudio, but still very comfy.

About TINAUDIO T2, take some pics. I don't regret them at all....jsut now I need to listen Z5000 and soundsignature are very different!
PC220639.JPG PC220640.JPG PC220641.JPG PC220642.JPG PC220643.JPG :

Dec 22, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #5,349 of 31,831

BUT, another subject.

These look absolutely stunning to me (I've been looking for impressions for months now) and I am looking forward to your comparison with Tinaudio T2. Kinda hope that my Auglamour RT-1 doesn't even arrive so that I can shift the money because even though RT-1 looks promising I think I will always prefer single driver IEMs to hybrids.

Dec 22, 2017 at 3:41 PM Post #5,350 of 31,831
These look absolutely stunning to me (I've been looking for impressions for months now) and I am looking forward to your comparison with Tinaudio T2. Kinda hope that my Auglamour RT-1 doesn't even arrive so that I can shift the money because even though RT-1 looks promising I think I will always prefer single driver IEMs to hybrids.
Need more time, im qutie torn with all new IEM and Headphones I order...I begin to understand im sick about audio for real, that its a very severe case of buying impulsivity.

Hum, but, fastly, from first impressions, I prefer the Z5000, cause Tin Audio sound a little dry and bright compared and the fit is kind of strange, still, i SURLINE the fact these sound good but if Z5000 at 40$ are the same than mine (just without the fancy leather case that worth the extra 10$ I paid) and the Tinaudio is 50$....
wait a moment, change the Tinaudio to the Z5000 to confirm first impression toughs.....
yeah, I prefer warm and detailed musicality of Z5000. But there perhaps less air between instrument (I use memory foam right now and it stole some air).

Tinaudio is dual DD. I kinda like multi drivers IEM, but perhaps now its time to try more single driver. Something strange about Z5000...there no indication about L or R. Kind of lazy from the manufacturer. Oh, and I feel they benifit from balanced cable, I use the fiio with Fiio Q1 mk2 as seen in pictures. I buy it without cable too, with cable from cheaper seller its 50$

Oh, and I read this about Z5000:''Sound quality is impressive, but they come to me with a little scratch (invisible on photo).''
can say the same about mine....but I don't really care, its sturdy so I will perhaps be hardcore with them anyway.:imp:

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2017 at 3:55 PM Post #5,351 of 31,831
Need more time, im qutie torn with all new IEM and Headphones I order...I begin to understand im sick about audio for real, that its a very severe case of buying impulsivity.

Hum, but, fastly, from first impressions, I prefer the Z5000, cause Tin Audio sound a little dry and bright compared and the fit is kind of strange, still, i SURLINE the fact these sound good but if Z5000 at 40$ are the same than mine (just without the fancy leather case that worth the extra 10$ I paid) and the Tinaudio is 50$....
wait a moment, change the Tinaudio to the Z5000 to confirm first impression toughs.....
yeah, I prefer warm and detailed musicality of Z5000. But there perhaps less air between instrument (I use memory foam right now and it stole some air).

Tinaudio is dual DD. I kinda like multi drivers IEM, but perhaps now its time to try more single driver. Something strange about Z5000...there no indication about L or R. Kind of lazy from the manufacturer. Oh, and I feel they benifit from balanced cable, I use the fiio with Fiio Q1 mk2 as seen in pictures. I buy it without cable too, with cable from cheaper seller its 50$

Oh, and I read this about Z5000:''Sound quality is impressive, but they come to me with a little scratch (invisible on photo).''
can say the same about mine....but I don't really care, its sturdy so I will perhaps be hardcore with them anyway.:imp:

Interesting comparison, I wanted Z5000 to pull quite a bit ahead but oh well, reality.
By the way, Z5000 doesn't have L-R because it doesn't matter, the only deciding factor are the cables - although it might've been nice to have some marking for ease of use.

Dec 22, 2017 at 8:03 PM Post #5,352 of 31,831
My Tin Audio T2 has arrived today! :)
I've been listening to them for a few hours and I am really digging these..

So far, it's the ONLY earphone I have (Including my LZ A4) that I find no need to EQ.

New impressions of course, but when I do add EQ, they seem to not do as well as my hybrids do.
I seem to notice just a tiny bit of added distortion when I add too much EQ (like anything above 4db of any frequency)..
But again, I see no real need for EQ, even though I am admittedly an EQ lover.

Soundstage is pretty good as well on the T2..I would like a bit wider stage but that said the T2 still has a nice "intimate" stage.
Isolation (with the included blue foams) is good enough that I would use most of my power tools around them.

Also I find them comfortable.. Probably similar comfort as my LZ Z03A.

I put the included Blue foams on backwards just like @oyobass does, as a result the front vents get plugged and the bass quantity is pretty potent! (I like this though! :) )
With the vents plugged by the backwards tips, there's no driver flex upon insertion (so far) but I believe this is because I pinch/roll the foams quite thinly before I insert them..

Build quality is excellent!
The included cable is pretty nice too.
I work with carbon fiber all the time and I can definitely say the carbon fiber on the jack is real.
You can tell it's the real stuff by the 3D effect when you move it in the light.

Anyway, I bought these mainly because @B9Scrambler 's reviews and praise along with others on here, so I have to say my ears seem to agree with yours!
So BIG THANKS to every one that posted about them (especially B9Scrambler) your impressions have been very accurate so far. :)

PC265405 (800x695).jpg
PC265404 (800x419).jpg
PC265402 (1024x300).jpg

I also wanted to give a shout-out to Penon Audio.They are by far, the best Asian earphone store (or seller) I have ever dealt with.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2017 at 8:22 PM Post #5,353 of 31,831
My Tin Audio T2 has arrived today! :)
I've been listening to them for a few hours and I am really digging these..

So far, it's the ONLY earphone I have (Including my LZ A4) that I find no need to EQ.

New impressions of course, but when I do add EQ, they seem to not do as well as my hybrids do.
I seem to notice just a tiny bit of added distortion when I add too much EQ (like anything above 4db of any frequency)..
But again, I see no real need for EQ, even though I am admittedly an EQ lover.

Soundstage is pretty good as well on the T2..I would like a bit wider stage but that said the T2 still has a nice "intimate" stage.
Isolation (with the included blue foams) is good enough that I would use most of my power tools around them.

Also I find them comfortable.. Probably similar comfort as my LZ Z03A.

I put the included Blue foams on backwards just like @oyobass does, as a result the front vents get plugged and the bass quantity is pretty potent! (I like this though! :) )
With the vents plugged by the backwards tips, there's no driver flex upon insertion (so far) but I believe this is because I pinch/roll the foams quite thinly before I insert them..

Build quality is excellent!
The included cable is pretty nice too.
I work with carbon fiber all the time and I can definitely say the carbon fiber on the jack is real.
You can tell it's the real stuff by the 3D effect when you move it in the light.

Anyway, I bought these mainly because @B9Scrambler 's reviews and praise along with others on here, so I have to say my ears seem to agree with yours!
So BIG THANKS to every one that posted about them (especially B9Scrambler) your impressions have been very accurate so far. :)

I also wanted to give a shout-out to Penon Audio.They are by far, the best Asian earphone store (or seller) I have ever dealt with.

Hehe, its the TINAUDIO Day! Good choice!
Sound isnt Tin at all....

Did you try other tips on them?

I always fnish using this very silicone tips....cause of my ear hole is made for them I guess, but I feel it expend sounstage and bass. Not bad with memory foam, as you write a little more intimate and bass ligh, but if you don't wanna use EQ, yu can use tips to EQ it in some way:wink:
Definitely a winner this Tinaudio, and built is incredible for the price, cable is the best one I have included with IEM as well. Comfort is good but I think it not for nothing they put a foam tips on it, so it stay well in place, cause as the nozzle doesn't go extra deep it can pop up of ears without right eartips IMO.
PC220646.JPG

Oh...and your DAP is DX50 or 90???

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2017 at 9:04 PM Post #5,355 of 31,831
Hehe, its the TINAUDIO Day! Good choice!
Sound isnt Tin at all....

Did you try other tips on them?

I always fnish using this very silicone tips....cause of my ear hole is made for them I guess, but I feel it expend sounstage and bass. Not bad with memory foam, as you write a little more intimate and bass ligh, but if you don't wanna use EQ, yu can use tips to EQ it in some way
Definitely a winner this Tinaudio, and built is incredible for the price, cable is the best one I have included with IEM as well. Comfort is good but I think it not for nothing they put a foam tips on it, so it stay well in place, cause as the nozzle doesn't go extra deep it can pop up of ears without right eartips IMO.

Oh...and your DAP is DX50 or 90???

Yes, definitely not a Tin sound! :wink:
I agree with you on foams narrowing a bit of the soundstage, but unfortunately out of the 100 or so silicone tips I have now accumulated over the years, I have never found a silicone tip that works in my ears.. They always lose the seal in my left ear.
Even if I make them into a hybrid tip (stuffed with memory foam) they still slowly slip out throughout the day..
Also, I mostly use my earphones while I'm building guitars in my shop all day, so the foam tips help isolate the LOUD power tools I work with.
Anyway I have yet to try the Spiral Dots so maybe they'll be different.. I'll order some eventually...

Also: my Ibasso DAP is the DX50.. I love it! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back