CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 16, 2017 at 4:00 PM Post #4,576 of 31,831
Thanks, that settles it :D

Basically after being shocked by how good the KZ Ate sound compared to my Fiio F9 I'm about to get: KZ ZS3, **** UEs, TinAudio T2 and TFZ Exclusive 3.

I think we all started in am similar way. Curiosity will kill my wallet.

Among those the one I'm the most excited for is the T2, just love the simple look.

WOW....really, ATE kick ass of F9?
It surely explain why it seel in Best Buys here in Canada lol

Nov 16, 2017 at 6:36 PM Post #4,577 of 31,831
Yeah ATE is what really opened my eyes years ago, and in my mind really put KZ on the map. I feel it’s hands down the best price-to-sound IEM value you can possibly find. Modded, it’s an epic value.

I just picked up another pair for $3.99 from Gearbest a few days ago. $3.99 shipped to my doorstep - you can’t even buy a good cup of coffee for that.

This begs the question: what about bad coffee?

Nov 16, 2017 at 6:41 PM Post #4,578 of 31,831
WOW....really, ATE kick ass of F9?
It surely explain why it seel in Best Buys here in Canada lol
the F9 are obviously more defined, the base doesn't overpower the mids and the detail retrieval is superior (also that damned treble spike).

But forgetting about technicalities, I enjoy listening the ATE just as much.

I mean it's the same you could say about the Koss Porta-Pro: it doesn't matter which headphones you have, at the end of the day you'll get just as much enjoyment from those.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2017 at 10:41 PM Post #4,580 of 31,831
the F9 are obviously more defined, the base doesn't overpower the mids and the detail retrieval is superior (also that damned treble spike).

But forgetting about technicalities, I enjoy listening the ATE just as much.

I mean it's the same you could say about the Koss Porta-Pro: it doesn't matter which headphones you have, at the end of the day you'll get just as much enjoyment from those.

Okay, I understand.
Especially about Koss Porta pro, that even today wow me another time with the cello performance of Anja Lechner-one of my favorite living cellist. My brain was like What, how can it sound sooooo gooood, full, airy, weighty and musical?

ZS5 do this to me too.

**** UE or NICE HCK Bro too.

Hehe, and the ISK HF2010 too (Takstar clone of headphone in your pic!)

Lot of chifi stuffs to be honnest!

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2017 at 12:18 PM Post #4,581 of 31,831
Just received my repaired Beyerdynamics T51i (warranty) , and now listening same tracks from last weeks on it and the treble and voices are soo much better then on that KZ ZS3 earbuds. Ok, we are comparing a 15 dollar earbud with a 300 dollar on ear headphone. But at least good to know there is a difference! :p

Anyway still eagerly waiting my orders from the Alibaba cave ...they might be some better earbuds to compare with my T51i...

Greetings

Nov 17, 2017 at 3:49 PM Post #4,582 of 31,831
Going up against the T51i with an in-ear is a challenge. I'd bet on the FLC8s or maybe the LZ a4 being the least expensive in ear that might give them a run for their money.

Nov 17, 2017 at 6:46 PM Post #4,583 of 31,831
By the way I'll return the ZS3, I find them quite uncomfortable (the fit is pretty awkward), definitely not as comfortable as ATE (of course your mileage may vary).

Nov 17, 2017 at 10:31 PM Post #4,585 of 31,831
Which one is better? VSONIC vsd1s or TENNMAK pro. thanks in advance.
"Better" is subjective. What sort of sound signature do you like ie. bassy, warm, bright, energetic, smooth, balanced, neutral, v-shaped? What kinds of music do you listen to? You'll get better answers if you divulge a little more context along with the question.

Nov 17, 2017 at 10:54 PM Post #4,586 of 31,831
Going up against the T51i with an in-ear is a challenge. I'd bet on the FLC8s or maybe the LZ a4 being the least expensive in ear that might give them a run for their money.

Must admit comparing Headphones and IEM is like comparing wine and beer....just can't be.
200.gif

Nov 17, 2017 at 11:02 PM Post #4,587 of 31,831
In another hand. I don't understand why there is no fuzzzzz about these Wooden hybrid at 19$, so very delicious especially after burn in. Will love to have other impressions than mine about it, even if the first pair I bought wasnt Dodocool and was way better build (can't find it anymore). Yes, they are bassy, but in a warm relax way, and mids are very clear as well as microdetails, i'm especially impres about soundstage and instruments separation.
Still one of the best sub-20$ IEM IMO. Oh, but I forget to say they make LOT of microphonic noise, wich is the biggest drawback. That and lack of mid bass punch resolution.
HTB1un3lMVXXXXbjXpXXq6xXFXXXn.jpg

EDIT: I find a video review....not very informative tough, but its something!

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2017 at 2:28 AM Post #4,589 of 31,831
In another hand. I don't understand why there is no fuzzzzz about these Wooden hybrid at 19$, so very delicious especially after burn in. Will love to have other impressions than mine about it, even if the first pair I bought wasnt Dodocool and was way better build (can't find it anymore). Yes, they are bassy, but in a warm relax way, and mids are very clear as well as microdetails, i'm especially impres about soundstage and instruments separation.
Still one of the best sub-20$ IEM IMO. Oh, but I forget to say they make LOT of microphonic noise, wich is the biggest drawback. That and lack of mid bass punch resolution.

EDIT: I find a video review....not very informative tough, but its something!

Didn't you say that these had poor build quality? I've looked at them a few times but decided against reviewing them because I thought they were well built.

Nov 18, 2017 at 2:56 AM Post #4,590 of 31,831
In another hand. I don't understand why there is no fuzzzzz about these Wooden hybrid at 19$,…
Could be because when I went looking for them they were in the clearance section of the dodocool store on Aliexpress. Makes me think they're not long for this world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back