CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 14, 2017 at 3:21 PM Post #4,546 of 31,831
The seller can register a parcel online and get a tracking number. The number is true. But the seller can ask the post office to pick it up a few days later.

I've had items sit at that stage for +5 days so I don't think they're even telling them when to collect. Either way it's dishonest.

Nov 14, 2017 at 3:39 PM Post #4,547 of 31,831
I have found that just because it is in shipped status does not necessarily mean that it really is.
Yeah, but it give hope...I have 2 other order still not even process...anyway, I know 11/11 is the worst time for fast shipping, epacket help to avoid the ultimately long wait (3 months last year). If HCK still ship as fast as 2 other time (2 weeks) he will became my main man for sure.
When a new product arrive and you wanna share impressions before the curiosity disappear, 2 months is very absurd, KZ have the time to put 3 new models of IEM in this number of time Lol.

Nov 14, 2017 at 3:41 PM Post #4,548 of 31,831
I've had items sit at that stage for +5 days so I don't think they're even telling them when to collect. Either way it's dishonest.
Did you buy some stuffs at alisale??

If so, I'm very curious to know what it is:spy:

Nov 14, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #4,549 of 31,831
Did you buy some stuffs at alisale??

If so, I'm very curious to know what it is:spy:

No, too many burnt fingers with AE 'sales' it's all engineered no real savings worthy of the hype. I have picked up some VE IEMs (Biggies and Smalls) plus I've still got a small backlog of IEMs that need reviewing - 2x Audiofly and some stuff from Amazon.

Nov 14, 2017 at 5:52 PM Post #4,550 of 31,831
… I have picked up some VE IEMs (Biggies and Smalls)…
I tried to get in on that deal. For some unknown reason my email program sent my plain text as a binary attachment so the guy had no idea what he'd gotten. By the time I fixed it and resent he's out for awhile. So I'd be really curious to hear how they sound. Hopefully once there's a restock my order for my set will be processed.

Nov 14, 2017 at 7:08 PM Post #4,551 of 31,831
Yup I got caught out as well. Maybe @Vidal will review them quickly.

Nov 14, 2017 at 8:15 PM Post #4,552 of 31,831
No, too many burnt fingers with AE 'sales' it's all engineered no real savings worthy of the hype. I have picked up some VE IEMs (Biggies and Smalls) plus I've still got a small backlog of IEMs that need reviewing - 2x Audiofly and some stuff from Amazon.

Most of it, your right, are illusion powder, but some deal is impossible to get out of this sale....I think its especially interesting for poor people like me and even more for ultra poor one from new devloped country.
for exemple, Walnut V3 big special price is still the same today wich is 60$ (illusion powder), but 20$ for Bossfi B3 will be hard to find,or tinaudio T2 for 30$ etc...

Anyway,its good to have the Monk IEM reviewed from a guy out of official MONK team (quite strange this tribal thing!) for objectivity, construction and look was a big drawback for me so I don't take the plunge, but soundwise it could be very intersting with MONK sound engineering.

Nov 15, 2017 at 7:38 AM Post #4,553 of 31,831
He's not alone in using that technique. 'Awaiting pick up' status is another fake status that you might see.

Aliexpress sellers have to ship within a certain number of days otherwise AE cancels the order. By using fake details it holds the order until they get round to sending.
and they mostly do this when they don't have the item in their stock which you ordered for ,

Nov 15, 2017 at 8:05 AM Post #4,554 of 31,831
Most of it, your right, are illusion powder, but some deal is impossible to get out of this sale....I think its especially interesting for poor people like me and even more for ultra poor one from new devloped country.
for exemple, Walnut V3 big special price is still the same today wich is 60$ (illusion powder), but 20$ for Bossfi B3 will be hard to find,or tinaudio T2 for 30$ etc...

Anyway,its good to have the Monk IEM reviewed from a guy out of official MONK team (quite strange this tribal thing!) for objectivity, construction and look was a big drawback for me so I don't take the plunge, but soundwise it could be very intersting with MONK sound engineering.

It's not tribal, it's just wrong.
I was quite surprised when I said on Monk IE thread that they need to have better sound than competition because competition has better designs with better build qualities just judging from photos. The guy from VE went into offensive and his reply was that I probably have no friends who would dare to give me codes so that I can order Monk IE bundle... obviously his comment was later removed by moderators.
VE is regarded as the company that started earbud revolution and although I agree, this way of doing business and trying to control what independent people are saying about your stuff is a no go in my book. I was very surprised to learn all this about a well regarded manufacturer...

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2017 at 8:13 AM Post #4,555 of 31,831
I wonder if they got push for their IEMs because of my monk nun-mod long time ago I posted in their thread? :D
I was planning to help them with design and such... but then I got baby and all my projects were "turned off".
My hands are not tied with their IEM designs and sq.

Nov 15, 2017 at 10:27 AM Post #4,556 of 31,831
I was quite surprised when I said on Monk IE thread that they need to have better sound than competition because competition has better designs with better build qualities just judging from photos. The guy from VE went into offensive and his reply was that I probably have no friends who would dare to give me codes so that I can order Monk IE bundle... obviously his comment was later removed by moderators.
VE is regarded as the company that started earbud revolution and although I agree, this way of doing business and trying to control what independent people are saying about your stuff is a no go in my book. I was very surprised to learn all this about a well regarded manufacturer...
Lol I think he is FoS too

Nov 15, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #4,557 of 31,831

Yeah, Mister Lee is an original, I guess we can either find it funny or offensive, must admit I find it strangely refreshing....but just as an entertainment as I don't have any Monk stuffs, open to try some, in fact I ORDER a pair of Monk PLUS from OLLIVAN STORE 3 montsh ago and never receive it, write to them, close the dispute as a dumbass for respect cause he say it hurt his store and I can open it later (wrong!) and im a sensitive being (must error come from there!)....so now, no Monk and 10$ less....and confuse. So, BIG WARNING about OLLIVAN.

I will surely never try them cause i'm ''sensitive'' too about construction hehe and sick of the same plastic housing of all earbuds, even more when it sell over 20$. Still, the sound really intrigue me somehow.
But the Headroom MS16 earbud really intrigue more than Monk Plus.

Nov 15, 2017 at 11:52 AM Post #4,558 of 31,831
I wonder if they got push for their IEMs because of my monk nun-mod long time ago I posted in their thread? :D
I was planning to help them with design and such... but then I got baby and all my projects were "turned off".
My hands are not tied with their IEM designs and sq.

Oh, Whats that nun-mod....have you a pic to share?

Nov 15, 2017 at 1:59 PM Post #4,559 of 31,831
So, BIG WARNING about OLLIVAN.

Ollivan also sell fake versions of Chinese earphones - bought some LETV ones from them and they were fakes - and pass off returns as new. They're cheap as they're rip off artists.

Ollivan trade under a number of different names on Ali as well.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2017 at 4:37 PM Post #4,560 of 31,831
Oh, Whats that nun-mod....have you a pic to share?
I would give link to my profile workshop gallery but I have no idea what is going of with H-Fi gallery system (Xgen) - I can`t see any pictures I`ve uploaded in past or present.
But in weird way, google pic search with "VE NUN-mod" shows my gallery pics. If I click on google pic link - nada ;(

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back