CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Aug 6, 2020 at 5:10 AM Post #25,351 of 31,831
Aug 6, 2020 at 2:43 PM Post #25,352 of 31,831
TinHifi T2 Plus first impressions (8 hours in)
  • Comfort is nothing short of stellar for me out of the box. The earbuds are akin to small smooth pebbles and have no angled corners whatsoever, allowing them to fit naturally and securely in the concha.

• Packaging and presentation is pretty much throwaway stuff even against other ChiFi brands. Nondescript white cardboard outer box, nondescript dark blue inner box, eartips stuffed willy nilly into a ziploc bag, just 1 pair of foams, no pouch in sight.

• The stock eartips are considerably softer than what I'm used to, but the T2 Plus achieves a great fit without needing to grip the ear canal as tightly as some other IEMs

• I have no complaints about the stock cable, which is soft, pliable, resists tangles and has robust feeling hardware. Which is just as well, because...

• I'm definitely a greater fan of 2-pin connectors on IEMs over MMCX. The latter doesn't quite inspire total confidence on the T2 Plus as a concerted effort is required to get each end of the cable into their corresponding sockets, and one must take care to ensure that the delicate plug enters the socket straight down rather than at an angle. At the very least, once everything is connected, the cable maintains its orientation and doesn't rotate in the socket unless you go out of your way to twist it.

• To be continued... :)
IMG_20200807_025953621.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2020 at 2:44 PM Post #25,353 of 31,831
Aug 6, 2020 at 2:55 PM Post #25,354 of 31,831
  • I'm definitely a greater fan of 2-pin connectors on IEMs over MMCX. The latter doesn't quite inspire total confidence on the T2 Plus as a concerted effort is required to get each end of the cable into their corresponding sockets, and one must take care to ensure that the delicate plug enters the socket straight down rather than at an angle. At the very least, once everything is connected, the cable maintains its orientation and doesn't rotate in the socket unless you go out of your way to twist it.
Tight is better than loose, as it goes.
lol

Aug 6, 2020 at 3:44 PM Post #25,355 of 31,831
Aug 6, 2020 at 10:54 PM Post #25,358 of 31,831
18 hours in with the Tin T2 Plus and I will say that if these ever get lost or break, I am simply going to order another pair without hesitation.

They are kind of magical. Now don't get me wrong, I appreciate the punch and lively nature of my TFZs, but the T2 Plus offer a degree of separation and atmosphere (even on my pedestrian Moto G8, which no one is going to claim is any kind of audiophile source) that represents a new experience for me. The instruments feel like they are occurring just outside my head, and there's a clear distinction between where Thom Yorke is standing versus the rest of the band on Radiohead's Exit Music (For a Film).

The same effect is evident in Pink Floyd's Money where it is possible to discern where each cash register sample is coming from and the stereo sweep of the bassline. Layered tracks like Mogwai's Coolverine demonstrate how the single DD is capable of holding multiple instruments in their own space with nary any blending or muddiness to the sound. As a result, I think I'm hearing things that I never heard before in my music. It's... it's something else.

Aug 6, 2020 at 10:56 PM Post #25,359 of 31,831
So even living in main land Asia doesn't save you from waiting possibly months on an AE?

In my experience, things from AE usually take between 10 to 21 days to get here, so at least it doesn't stretch to multiple months, but anything below that is a pleasant surprise :)

Aug 6, 2020 at 11:36 PM Post #25,360 of 31,831
In my experience, things from AE usually take between 10 to 21 days to get here, so at least it doesn't stretch to multiple months, but anything below that is a pleasant surprise :)
Sounds like slightly below standard worldwide shipping time... when apocalypses aren't happening anyway.

Also Zeos apparently summarised it as a balanced yet VERY intense listen... which sounds an awful lot like how most people who own it describe the QKZ VK4. I wonder if it lines up with anyone else's impressions.

Aug 7, 2020 at 12:03 AM Post #25,361 of 31,831
Sounds like slightly below standard worldwide shipping time... when apocalypses aren't happening anyway.

Ah yes, under apocalypse conditions, some components I ordered in February only showed up at the end of June. By then I'd already forgotten having placed the order in the first place :floatsmile:

Aug 7, 2020 at 7:31 AM Post #25,363 of 31,831
Hey guys, I am looking for cheap bluetooth cables preferably under $25. Which would be the best one? Something which has a good reputation cause in the past I have heard a lot of these cables having qc issues. I haven't been active for while. I hope this is the right place to ask this lol.

Aug 7, 2020 at 7:54 AM Post #25,364 of 31,831
Hey guys, I am looking for cheap bluetooth cables preferably under $25. Which would be the best one? Something which has a good reputation cause in the past I have heard a lot of these cables having qc issues. I haven't been active for while. I hope this is the right place to ask this lol.

Do u mean a bluetooth dongle to attach to a detachable IEM?

U can consider the TRN BT20 or BT20S if so. TRN BT20 is the older model with AAC/SBC and lower gain, whereas the BT20S is the successor with AAC, APTX, higher gain, better battery life and is supposedly water resistant to boot. I think TRN BT20 can be about $25 USD, whereas the BT20S is a few bucks more.

Their sound quality is quite good for a wireless set, and battery life and BT connectivity is decent. There's a newer model planned to release soon called TRN BT20S Pro with charging case and swappable MMCX/2 pin modules. No idea about this newest model's price, but for sure it should be more than the $25 USD TRN BT20.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2020 at 2:40 PM Post #25,365 of 31,831
18 hours in with the Tin T2 Plus and I will say that if these ever get lost or break, I am simply going to order another pair without hesitation.

They are kind of magical. Now don't get me wrong, I appreciate the punch and lively nature of my TFZs, but the T2 Plus offer a degree of separation and atmosphere (even on my pedestrian Moto G8, which no one is going to claim is any kind of audiophile source) that represents a new experience for me. The instruments feel like they are occurring just outside my head, and there's a clear distinction between where Thom Yorke is standing versus the rest of the band on Radiohead's Exit Music (For a Film).

The same effect is evident in Pink Floyd's Money where it is possible to discern where each cash register sample is coming from and the stereo sweep of the bassline. Layered tracks like Mogwai's Coolverine demonstrate how the single DD is capable of holding multiple instruments in their own space with nary any blending or muddiness to the sound. As a result, I think I'm hearing things that I never heard before in my music. It's... it's something else.

They are certainly my favourites under 50€.

I didn't get around to posting my impressions on here but if anyone is interested, the review is on my blog: https://achoreviewsenglish.blogspot.com/2020/08/review-tin-t2-plus-sub-50.html

(It's also available in Spanish on YouTube and on the same blog)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back