CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jul 24, 2020 at 8:14 PM Post #25,246 of 31,831
... also probably not the most relevant thread for this but given the awkward subject... Apparently when my sister first received my BL-03 she tried it to make sure it wasn't defective or had to return it for any reason and. Turns out she liked the sound of it over the mpow flame2 to the point were if she needed a replacement she want to buy a BL-03 herself and buy a separate 2 pin bluetooth module for it. At the same time since she's not an audiophile by any stretch so she can't exactly tell me why she likes it so much.

I think there's a wireless thread, isn't it?

Jul 25, 2020 at 2:53 PM Post #25,247 of 31,831
Exactly. I think of it like vinyl or tube amps. The big appeal of the Blon IS that it’s not ultra detailed. It’s just ‘easy listening’
I call that sound "organic". The Blon BL-03 and my (now broken) Toneking nine tails have that special organic sound, where you get into the music without resotting to over-analyzing what you are hearing.

Jul 25, 2020 at 2:55 PM Post #25,248 of 31,831
I call that sound "organic". The Blon BL-03 and my (now broken) Toneking nine tails have that special organic sound, where you get into the music without resotting to over-analyzing what you are hearing.

Yup, that’s why I love the NineTails as well. That really sucks that your broke. You gonna try to fix them?

I just got the Tanchjim Oxygen today, and they’re the same way. I’m totally enjoying the music without feeling like I have to analyze it.

Jul 25, 2020 at 4:48 PM Post #25,249 of 31,831
Yup, that’s why I love the NineTails as well. That really sucks that your broke. You gonna try to fix them?

I just got the Tanchjim Oxygen today, and they’re the same way. I’m totally enjoying the music without feeling like I have to analyze it.
I on the other hand can't stand that kind of sound. It feels like it's missing something and I end up trying to analyse the sound even more fr the details that should be clearly audible lol.

Jul 25, 2020 at 5:07 PM Post #25,250 of 31,831
I on the other hand can't stand that kind of sound. It feels like it's missing something and I end up trying to analyse the sound even more fr the details that should be clearly audible lol.

It just depends on what type of mood I’m in.

Do you like listening to music on vinyl?

Jul 25, 2020 at 8:04 PM Post #25,251 of 31,831
It just depends on what type of mood I’m in.

Do you like listening to music on vinyl?
Vinyl is fine. I do prefer digital though, no background noise.

Jul 25, 2020 at 9:30 PM Post #25,252 of 31,831

detail detection is more of an acquired skill though, so there will come a time that those ultra detailed earphones might sound too much, and we can hear details even on warmer or more laid back sounding earphones just fine.
for instance i can spot more detail from a song with my "middle of the road" ears than my teenage son. i can be sure it's not that he can't hear them, but more because he doesn't notice it yet.
kinda like people who practice skills like martial arts, etc, have better peripheral vision than others

so there might come a time that you would even enjoy that kind of relaxed sound :grin:

Jul 26, 2020 at 1:35 AM Post #25,253 of 31,831
detail detection is more of an acquired skill though, so there will come a time that those ultra detailed earphones might sound too much, and we can hear details even on warmer or more laid back sounding earphones just fine.
for instance i can spot more detail from a song with my "middle of the road" ears than my teenage son. i can be sure it's not that he can't hear them, but more because he doesn't notice it yet.
kinda like people who practice skills like martial arts, etc, have better peripheral vision than others

so there might come a time that you would even enjoy that kind of relaxed sound :grin:
That is true, like how regular people don't notice that big of a difference between regular and high end iems/headphones.

But for me more detailed/clear (for lack of a better term) iems sound more effortless and don't have that congested feeling I despise. Of course, ear piercing/sibilant iems not apply. It's not really about the details but rather the crispness or something to that effect.

Jul 26, 2020 at 2:06 AM Post #25,254 of 31,831
That is true, like how regular people don't notice that big of a difference between regular and high end iems/headphones.

But for me more detailed/clear (for lack of a better term) iems sound more effortless and don't have that congested feeling I despise. Of course, ear piercing/sibilant iems not apply. It's not really about the details but rather the crispness or something to that effect.

yup, i think i get what you mean, as my preference is also mids and treble oriented, so i prefer cold and detailed sound mostly :k701smile:

but lately i like softer sounding earphones as i listen for hours as background sound, and as long as i can still make out the small details on the songs and spacial cues, it's still fine.

Jul 26, 2020 at 2:13 AM Post #25,255 of 31,831
yup, i think i get what you mean, as my preference is also mids and treble oriented, so i prefer cold and detailed sound mostly :k701smile:

but lately i like softer sounding earphones as i listen for hours as background sound, and as long as i can still make out the small details on the songs and spacial cues, it's still fine.
Trying all sorts of audio gear is what makes this hobby fun (and expensive). That's why many people hang around KZ threads and threads like this one.

It may not be as good as your best pair of iems but it's still fun to try something new :)

Jul 26, 2020 at 2:23 AM Post #25,257 of 31,831
The more I read about preferences the stronger the impression I get that liking true neutral is a sin...
Speaker neutral, harman neutral or diffuse field neutral? :)

As long as you like it its fine, but maybe it's not as fun? I like my bass rumble and I feel like really neutral tunings on iems take away from the experience.

Like watching a movie with a subwoofer vs no subwoofer.

Jul 26, 2020 at 2:39 AM Post #25,258 of 31,831
Speaker neutral, harman neutral or diffuse field neutral? :)

As long as you like it its fine, but maybe it's not as fun? I like my bass rumble and I feel like really neutral tunings on iems take away from the experience.

Like watching a movie with a subwoofer vs no subwoofer.
I imagine Final E500 if it didn't roll off the subbass, which I think it's none of the above?

I do find the subwoofer pretty confusing as well. I know subwoofers can be used to shake a room (maybe an entire house too). But I'd assume the subwoofer's entire point is to be able to hear the subbass that the woofers cannot play.

Jul 26, 2020 at 9:47 AM Post #25,259 of 31,831
Jul 26, 2020 at 1:08 PM Post #25,260 of 31,831
I love my tiny tinny flat screen TV speakers! :beerchug:
Unfortunately I can't use my home theatre setup much as I mostly watch movies late at night. Been using my Sundaras instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back