CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Feb 27, 2020 at 3:37 AM Post #23,236 of 31,831
Today I posted my review about the Shozy Form 1.1. It is a recommended buy!

https://www.headfonia.com/shozy-form-1-1-review/

1582792825480.png

Feb 27, 2020 at 9:15 AM Post #23,237 of 31,831
In @FastAndClean special language blob is Blon and urbanblob is UrbanFun most certainly.

Shells of the A15 Pro and UrbanFun are nearly identical, the only significant difference is that the nozzle diameter is larger in the UrbanFun. The funny thing is that I always have fit issues with the former but never with the latter. I think it all comes down to the weird cable of the Whizzer.
I found the BLON cable almost as weird, and it similarly pulls the IEMs out of my ears!

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2020 at 9:17 AM Post #23,238 of 31,831
Well that sure makes me want to give them a try, especially for the price :thinking: I've always thought my old lime green Urbanfun's were underrated, gifted mine away some time back as I just have way to many iem's as it is and always fun to turn someone else onto a little good tunes. Matter a fact gave them those and a new Benjie S5 in Red for a nice Christmas theme:grin:
I agree with you about the Urban Fun, I have black ones and still enjoy them (with Spiral Dots of course!)

Feb 27, 2020 at 9:41 AM Post #23,239 of 31,831
I agree with you about the Urban Fun, I have black ones and still enjoy them (with Spiral Dots of course!)

Indeed, not only is the Urbanfun's an awesome sub <$100 iem but this entire rig for sub <$50 is unreal imo :wink: As mentioned before I love the timber of a Beryllium DD:thumbsup:

Urban Econo Fun.JPG

My choice this morning is also another sweet sub <$100 iem with the Shozy Form 1.1 finish, the Koel is quite amazing for a single BA iem:grin:

Koel Mining.JPG

Feb 27, 2020 at 9:47 AM Post #23,240 of 31,831
I figured you would have the lowdown :thumbsup: Appreciate your input/impressions as well @dharmasteve. I do prefer the timber of beryllium to Carbon and as far as a DD I really like a 10mm as opposed to smaller or larger diameters (I could get shot by my Micro Driver friends for that) and of course I love my "Rockets" :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Stainless (especially brushed) over electroplate. Pod's so dang picky:rolling_eyes: LOL

Brushed stainless is my fave finish to date:yum: And yes I realize these don't go in the Sub <$100 thread unless you ask that "Aminus" person as well they are not Chi-Fi:hushed: "Oh-Solo-Meo":grin:

SoloBlu.JPG
Rockets are titanium

Feb 27, 2020 at 9:53 AM Post #23,241 of 31,831
Rockets are titanium

Yes they are but this post was really just about bullet shaped/designed shells :wink: I do like Ti shell material as well but for looks the brushed stainless rocks:grin:

For a little 6.5mm Micro driver the Rockets kick arse:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Not to mention they are a thang O'Beauty:beerchug:

Rocket Man.jpg

Oh yeah, forgot to mention R.I.P. Aurisonics:sob: Still no where near as sad as Dre making 950 Million on Beats:scream:

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2020 at 6:44 AM Post #23,242 of 31,831
Feb 29, 2020 at 1:30 AM Post #23,243 of 31,831
I`m getting really close to 20$ IEM "beating" KPE (modded) and BL-03...

...and starting to believe that FR response can be very similar sounding but very different looking at certain profiles.
Never expected "flat" FR response from sub-bass up to mids sound so natural but yet musical.
I`m starting to understand and believe into crinacle target curve.
Atm I`m still tad preferring more extended sub-bass but I`m getting confused how such "flat" bass area response can sound pretty similar to Harman-like tuning!
Harman target is much easier to hit/tune and that`s why it is "more popular" over high-end "crinacle target curve" tuned IEMs.
These are just my thoughts and take it as you like, just wanted to share :)

Feb 29, 2020 at 2:48 AM Post #23,244 of 31,831
I'm start to think about the whole chifi industry. It's like a mother un-named brand that split to multiple named brand like Dunu, blon, shozy etc. They are all the same thing but tuned a little different. But if you looked at the FR they are like the same thing with different cables and ear tips. Even the price range does not make any sense.

Feb 29, 2020 at 3:04 AM Post #23,245 of 31,831
I'm start to think about the whole chifi industry. It's like a mother un-named brand that split to multiple named brand like Dunu, blon, shozy etc. They are all the same thing but tuned a little different. But if you looked at the FR they are like the same thing with different cables and ear tips. Even the price range does not make any sense.

Nowadays most CHIFI tunings are generally harmanish or V shaped (or variants of these tunings), especially at the budget segment, as these seem to be the most consumer friendly tunings, which in turn lead to most sales. Especially since the budget CHIFI segment is very competitive and every sale is important to the CHIFI brands.

But FR doesn't tell the whole story though. Subjective elements like timbre, isolation, details, imaging and instrument separation cannot be told just by looking at FR.

A lot of CHIFI make OEMs for other less established companies (eg KZ), and I wouldn't be surprised some CHIFI companies source their parts (eg drivers and shells) from the same manufacturer or factory, it's a much closer knit industry than we think it is. There've been CHIFI IEMs that were sold under different brands but essentially contained the same internals and tuning (other than the brand logo externally).

Pricing is another can of worms though. I'm pretty sure some western TOTL or even midfi to summitFI CHIFI sets are way cheaper than their actual retail price. But one must factor in stuff like marketing, R&D, labour and materials costs, economies of scale etc. Some CHIFI use "branded" drivers like Knowles and Sonion in contrast to cheaper Bellsing drivers. Some CHIFI skim at QC to provide the cheapest available pricing to the customers, some are known for their better tuning and customer service, but charge a higher premium etc. In fact I suspect the western market is not where the majority of the CHIFI sales go to (I think their local domestic China market is much larger than the west), so the CHIFI tuners and companies will probably focus more at their own market than externally, hence CHIFI seems to be sold cheaper on their local Taobao than external platforms.

Feb 29, 2020 at 3:05 AM Post #23,246 of 31,831
I`m getting really close to 20$ IEM "beating" KPE (modded) and BL-03...

...and starting to believe that FR response can be very similar sounding but very different looking at certain profiles.
Never expected "flat" FR response from sub-bass up to mids sound so natural but yet musical.
I`m starting to understand and believe into crinacle target curve.
Atm I`m still tad preferring more extended sub-bass but I`m getting confused how such "flat" bass area response can sound pretty similar to Harman-like tuning!
Harman target is much easier to hit/tune and that`s why it is "more popular" over high-end "crinacle target curve" tuned IEMs.
These are just my thoughts and take it as you like, just wanted to share :)

Is it the VE BIE that you mentioned somewhere? But coming from you, I'd expect it to be heavily modded to a point only you will have this thing, lol. Tbf, crin's target looks like a smooth version of the XBA-N3, which he posted a rather positive impression. But the sub-bass is nowhere close to "flat" as the typical Ety target (DF?) or the VDSF target which Moondrop has been following as a Harman with more natural bass with their new models (S8 and Blessing 2).

Feb 29, 2020 at 3:14 AM Post #23,247 of 31,831
I wanted to ask everybody about this. Since coronavirus is still "active" and causing chaos, many factories have shut down. As we all know Chi-Fi is mostly based in China. Many companies are not working, I personally haven't been able to get in touch with any of them. Even FiiO isn't responding, although we are in touch.
I am assuming that this is happening due to the virus, and shutting down of both factories and work (people don't go to work).

When do you think these companies will get back on track and start working? The whole situation is just horrible, especially because the virus is spreading to more countries... but media is spreading a fake panic, and drama, many media companies have added a ton of bs to over-dramatize it and cause unnecessary panic.

Feb 29, 2020 at 6:11 AM Post #23,248 of 31,831
I wanted to ask everybody about this. Since coronavirus is still "active" and causing chaos, many factories have shut down. As we all know Chi-Fi is mostly based in China. Many companies are not working, I personally haven't been able to get in touch with any of them. Even FiiO isn't responding, although we are in touch.
I am assuming that this is happening due to the virus, and shutting down of both factories and work (people don't go to work).

When do you think these companies will get back on track and start working? The whole situation is just horrible, especially because the virus is spreading to more countries... but media is spreading a fake panic, and drama, many media companies have added a ton of bs to over-dramatize it and cause unnecessary panic.
They have fully started working this week. At least from what I saw from Moondrop.

Feb 29, 2020 at 7:37 AM Post #23,249 of 31,831
Hi there.

Is this the right forum? If not, please move it to the correct category. Thank you.

can you please name me models with multi ba configuration (no hybrids) with warm sound. bass a little raised but not bleeding in the middle. neutral in the middle without this aggressive Asian vote like at KZ for example. and easy rolling heights without hissing. The most important design feature should be long nozzles! I have deep ear canals and I cannot get a seal with standard or short nozzles. About as long as the A&K Billie Jean. So about 1cm. The brand doesn't matter at first. Price up to around € 600. Thanks Greetings Jens

Feb 29, 2020 at 7:46 AM Post #23,250 of 31,831
They have fully started working this week. At least from what I saw from Moondrop.
Hm. Interesting. I did notice that Shozy was working, however BGVP oficially told me that they haven't been working and that it will be " a while" until they do. This may be the case with other brands, as though I have absolutely no way to confirm whether they are working or not. I just think that getting in contact right now is a bit of an issue, I was also directed to another store when contacted Moondrop. I don't remember the exact date when I reached out to FiiO about the EA3, however I might need to wait until next week to see whether they are available or not.
BQEYZ is also working, I can confirm this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back