CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 18, 2019 at 8:11 AM Post #21,061 of 31,831
Please suggest me an IEM(s) for gaming fps which has good soundstage and imaging required for FPS games.
Budget ideally would be 50$ may push to 100$ if its really worth it else stay within that range.

Honestly I think u would have better soundstage from an open backed headphone. Most IEMs are weak in soundstage compared to headphones, especially at the budget segment. And those IEMs that do have slightly wider soundstage usually are vented or openbacked and have weaker isolation. And some IEMs may have weaknesses in spatial cues too as they are bypassing the external ear and sometimes it is not accurate (U wouldn't want wrong positioning in FPS games I would presume).

Nov 18, 2019 at 8:29 AM Post #21,062 of 31,831
TRN BA5

mine is still on the way but from review and comparison with v90 they should be better. even v90 and KZ ZSX should be quiet decent. but isolation wise maybe ZSX is better

Thanks, would check them out

Honestly I think u would have better soundstage from an open backed headphone. Most IEMs are weak in soundstage compared to headphones, especially at the budget segment. And those IEMs that do have slightly wider soundstage usually are vented or openbacked and have weaker isolation. And some IEMs may have weaknesses in spatial cues too as they are bypassing the external ear and sometimes it is not accurate (U wouldn't want wrong positioning in FPS games I would presume).

Very True about Spatial Imaging, that's why I struggle to find IEMs for FPS to be used on the go. Hence a portable option is required.
Any IEM you find worth going for the purpose ?
Thanks for the Reply .

Nov 18, 2019 at 8:36 AM Post #21,063 of 31,831
Thanks, would check them out

Very True about Spatial Imaging, that's why I struggle to find IEMs for FPS to be used on the go. Hence a portable option is required.
Any IEM you find worth going for the purpose ?
Thanks for the Reply .

I tried the KZ ZS10 Pro previously for a short period of casual gaming, but I did find the soundstage and spatial cues to be very compressed for the purposes of gaming. So it is quite hard to separate footsteps that come from behind u. I don't really play much FPS, but I'm sure others may have better advise for IEMs for gaming.

U considered open back headphones? There are some cheap budget CHIFI options that ain't too bad for sound quality.

Nov 18, 2019 at 9:17 AM Post #21,064 of 31,831
Nov 18, 2019 at 9:52 AM Post #21,066 of 31,831
**** Pro on the way!

Nov 18, 2019 at 9:53 AM Post #21,067 of 31,831
Waiting for Slater's impressions still on the Hibiscus before pulling the trigger.

Otherwise I think I'll have to get that cable for my KPE. Damn, my wallet.

Oh, don’t wait on me, as it’s going to be a while. My order was originally cancelled by the seller after the processing time ran out.

I do plan on ordering another pair during the next sale.

Nov 18, 2019 at 9:56 AM Post #21,068 of 31,831
TRN BA5

mine is still on the way but from review and comparison with v90 they should be better. even v90 and KZ ZSX should be quiet decent. but isolation wise maybe ZSX is better

Hey. I keep reading these TRN 5BA are super great....is it true?

I'm not really into TRN timbre rendering....and always suspect it came from BA's they use so im afraid about those.

Are they brightish-dryish? Did (female) vocal are smooth and have enough thickness??

Multi BA can be smooth, Brainwavz B400 is a good example, Audiosense T260-300 too...but its about Knowles BA's here, wich Im a fan.

Nov 18, 2019 at 9:58 AM Post #21,069 of 31,831
Oh, don’t wait on me, as it’s going to be a while. My order was originally cancelled by the seller after the processing time ran out.

To be honnest, I personally prefer the BLON BL-03 over Hibiscus, timbre is thicker and more natural.

Nov 18, 2019 at 10:03 AM Post #21,070 of 31,831
Hey. I keep reading these TRN 5BA are super great....is it true?

I'm not really into TRN timbre rendering....and always suspect it came from BA's they use so im afraid about those.

Are they brightish-dryish? Did (female) vocal are smooth and have enough thickness??

Multi BA can be smooth, Brainwavz B400 is a good example, Audiosense T260-300 too...but its about Knowles BA's here, wich Im a fan.

Mine is yet to be arrived but based on my v90, even though their timbre weren't at best on rendering, they sounded very smooth and not fatiguing at all. Expect a bit bright but smooth presentation, on crisp a bit dry presentation. But the BA5 from what I've read, their strong point is on separation, clarity and soundstage - imaging.
I do feel TRN BAs are slightly better than KZ, at least they are smoother and not edgy.

Edited : oh and more forwarded midrange is 1 of my buying factor

I will post my impressions about BA5 when they are arrived, not in a close time though

Nov 18, 2019 at 10:10 AM Post #21,071 of 31,831

Ah ok, thanks for the heads up. Today I've read there's a BL03 MKII in the making too, so back to sitting on my hands and waiting for more single DDs to come out, and reviews to flow in. If they tighten the driver, lower the bass a bit and make a longer nozzle it's going to be pretty damn good for sure.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2019 at 10:12 AM Post #21,072 of 31,831
Mine is yet to be arrived but based on my v90, even though their timbre weren't at best on rendering, they sounded very smooth and not fatiguing at all. Expect a bit bright but smooth presentation, on crisp a bit dry presentation. But the BA5 from what I've read, their strong point is on separation, clarity and soundstage - imaging.
I do feel TRN BAs are slightly better than KZ, at least they are smoother and not edgy.

Edited : oh and more forwarded midrange is 1 of my buying factor

I will post my impressions about BA5 when they are arrived, not in a close time though

you got it right: dry, smoothly bright transparent timbre, and sure better and less shouty than KZ (bellsing?) BA's.

its really a matter of flavor appreciation. Knowles are thick, smooth, natural sounding but sometime lack definition sharpness...nothing is perfect....

Nov 18, 2019 at 10:13 AM Post #21,073 of 31,831
To be honnest, I personally prefer the BLON BL-03 over Hibiscus, timbre is thicker and more natural.

I have both and agree that the Blon-03 has a more natural timbre and longer decay.

Both have good bass extension and presence, good voice presence, but I like the slightly harsher highs on the Hibiscus more though.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2019 at 10:47 AM Post #21,074 of 31,831
Supposed that @KopiOkaya has tuned/or helped TRN to tune BA5. He can answer better on what to expect from this set. Although having 3 (!!!) same 30095 tweeters inside BA5 could have been a mother of sibilance, i read somewhere that they are moved deeper inside the shell giving smooth high freq response contrary to usual practice of placing tweeter inside nozzle right at the opening (like in CCA C12).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back