CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 15, 2019 at 2:13 PM Post #20,986 of 31,831
How are sub bass and bass compared to blon-03? I wanted a flat sound like tin t2, but not anemic in the bass.

Sub-bass digs deep and you'd enjoy the bass if you like BLON's bass. BLON's have prominent mid-bass whereas **** Pro have well defined mid-bass. I'm expecting my T2 in next 2-3 weeks so can't compare with them as of now but **** is fairly neutral to me with good bass extension.

Nov 15, 2019 at 2:26 PM Post #20,987 of 31,831
Finally got my **** Pro! Without further ado here are my impressions after playing with them to my heart's content. I am not a believer in burning in earphones for 100 hrs with white pink or orange noise.

Fit and Isolation - Fit is snug and using them cable down makes it all the more easy to use. New stock tips provided which are similar to what I got with my BLON's is a major upgrade from the standard version. Thankfully they ditched those hideous red tips! Isolation is decent for indoors. Whilst traveling some ambient noise peeps in but considering they're semi-open back this was expected.

Accessories - Bare bones. A clip and two sets of replacement tips which is fairly standard in this price bracket. So no complaints here although everyone would like to have an extra set of tips or a pouch thrown in the box.

Sound - SQ is essentially same as it's predecessor with some refreshing tweaks.

Treble is sparkling, airy, and has tons of details. No harshness although at times the ssss does standout on certain tracks. I noticed this on standard version as well but it's less frequent in the Pro version. Cymbals do sound thin as well. Highs have nothing to write home about. They could have been refined but it seems like the piezo is high on steroids in Pro version.

Mids are crisp and clear. Mids have good representation lending a sweet weight to overall musicality of IEM. Female and male both vocals sound equally good with openness. It feels like one is listening to a live performance. This is something which made **** a cult and the Pro version certainly is carrying on the legacy.

Bass is huuuuge and deeep! Sub-bass takes precedence over midbass thus making them sound clean. Midbass bleed is next to non-existent at least to my ears which is a most welcome enhancement. Bassheads - with tips+eq this can make you glee like a kid in candy store. The bass can give BL03 a run for it's money that too with completely stock set-up. It's my favorite part in the sound signature.

Soundstage is huge similar to it's predecessor and those who loved **** soundstage surely won't complain here. Timbre, the FAQ about these iem, is improved visibly but is this enough? IMO, yes. For once, the acoustic instruments don't sound tinny. If I were to compare, the timbre is closest to KB100 which I consider as best sub $50 for a hybrid. It is not as good as KB100 but is in the same ilk. It won't disappoint those who love timbre of hybrids and those who love DD timbre (myself included) it is something that I can live with.

Comparison with **** - A huge improvement over the standard version at a fraction of cost. Better timbre, bass and equally good soundstage make them a worthy successor. At $25, it's great option for those who don't own **** and those who own, should find this a substantial upgrade. Purchasing them is a personal call and my recommendation should not influence that.

That's all folks! Happy listening.
Finally got my **** Pro! Without further ado here are my impressions after playing with them to my heart's content. I am not a believer in burning in earphones for 100 hrs with white pink or orange noise.

Fit and Isolation - Fit is snug and using them cable down makes it all the more easy to use. New stock tips provided which are similar to what I got with my BLON's is a major upgrade from the standard version. Thankfully they ditched those hideous red tips! Isolation is decent for indoors. Whilst traveling some ambient noise peeps in but considering they're semi-open back this was expected.

Accessories - Bare bones. A clip and two sets of replacement tips which is fairly standard in this price bracket. So no complaints here although everyone would like to have an extra set of tips or a pouch thrown in the box.

Sound - SQ is essentially same as it's predecessor with some refreshing tweaks.

Treble is sparkling, airy, and has tons of details. No harshness although at times the ssss does standout on certain tracks. I noticed this on standard version as well but it's less frequent in the Pro version. Cymbals do sound thin as well. Highs have nothing to write home about. They could have been refined but it seems like the piezo is high on steroids in Pro version.

Mids are crisp and clear. Mids have good representation lending a sweet weight to overall musicality of IEM. Female and male both vocals sound equally good with openness. It feels like one is listening to a live performance. This is something which made **** a cult and the Pro version certainly is carrying on the legacy.

Bass is huuuuge and deeep! Sub-bass takes precedence over midbass thus making them sound clean. Midbass bleed is next to non-existent at least to my ears which is a most welcome enhancement. Bassheads - with tips+eq this can make you glee like a kid in candy store. The bass can give BL03 a run for it's money that too with completely stock set-up. It's my favorite part in the sound signature.

Soundstage is huge similar to it's predecessor and those who loved **** soundstage surely won't complain here. Timbre, the FAQ about these iem, is improved visibly but is this enough? IMO, yes. For once, the acoustic instruments don't sound tinny. If I were to compare, the timbre is closest to KB100 which I consider as best sub $50 for a hybrid. It is not as good as KB100 but is in the same ilk. It won't disappoint those who love timbre of hybrids and those who love DD timbre (myself included) it is something that I can live with.

Comparison with **** - A huge improvement over the standard version at a fraction of cost. Better timbre, bass and equally good soundstage make them a worthy successor. At $25, it's great option for those who don't own **** and those who own, should find this a substantial upgrade. Purchasing them is a personal call and my recommendation should not influence that.

That's all folks! Happy listening.
Nice write up! It's great to see that you and Danfish98 had similar impressions of the **** Pro as my initial impressions I shared the other day. Now that I've had time to really listen to them and do some tip rolling I can definitely say that I like them better than the regular ****. I settled on using Sony hybrid tips on the Pro (just as I've been using on the regular ****), since with the stock wide bore tips the treble was a little too sibilant for me at times. It sounds very smooth, though, with the Sony hybrids. Having the same tips on both models also allowed me to compare them like for like more accurately. Overall they sound somewhat more warm, natural and inviting. I prefer their sound and fit over the original model. In fact, I think these are now my favorite IEMs in the under $50 price range.

Nov 15, 2019 at 3:34 PM Post #20,989 of 31,831
Nice write up! It's great to see that you and Danfish98 had similar impressions of the **** Pro as my initial impressions I shared the other day. Now that I've had time to really listen to them and do some tip rolling I can definitely say that I like them better than the regular ****. I settled on using Sony hybrid tips on the Pro (just as I've been using on the regular ****), since with the stock wide bore tips the treble was a little too sibilant for me at times. It sounds very smooth, though, with the Sony hybrids. Having the same tips on both models also allowed me to compare them like for like more accurately. Overall they sound somewhat more warm, natural and inviting. I prefer their sound and fit over the original model. In fact, I think these are now my favorite IEMs in the under $50 price range.

I'm glad you liked it, and I totally agree with you on tip rolling. I wanted to test them out only with stock setup and hence avoided tip rolling. Do Sony hybrids affect the mids and mid-bass as usual? The Pro version is indeed a step up from the standard version. Bass, mids and that soundstage are truly premium in nature. I might sell my **** as they're completely redundant

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #20,991 of 31,831
I don't like the ****. I doubt I would like the Pro.

Nov 15, 2019 at 4:39 PM Post #20,992 of 31,831
Nov 15, 2019 at 4:49 PM Post #20,993 of 31,831
C12 is "better" by almost every conceivable metric. It is technically a really good IEM and the timbre (which has been a bone of contention for me with KZ and TRN hybrid stuff in the past) is very good.

However, the thing with the Blon is that it is just so musical. The soundstage is OK at best, the separation well below par. It totally skips detail and nuance that the CCA picks up. But it's got that je ne sais quoi that reminds me of listening to vinyl.

I honestly couldn't say buy one over the other. They're both top notch (these two, the Blon BL-01 and the Tin T2 are my four "special" ChiFi IEMs) in their own way. Technical brilliance Vs utter musical bliss. The only thing I will add is that the BL03 is fussy about tips and source (it needs a few more mW than a phone provides to grip hold of the bass and poor fit makes the mid bass quite inconsistent) whereas the C12 is more a plug and play experience. Tips and source make a difference but it is maybe 5% not 50.

Nov 15, 2019 at 5:03 PM Post #20,994 of 31,831
To think when I first joined my list of IEMs was IE60, Kz ZS10, TRN V80, Tin T2...

Nov 15, 2019 at 5:26 PM Post #20,995 of 31,831
To think when I first joined my list of IEMs was IE60, Kz ZS10, TRN V80, Tin T2...

Take a look at my list and see what three more years might do...and then.... RUN!

... but you would miss us...

Nov 15, 2019 at 5:42 PM Post #20,997 of 31,831
I'm not even sure what I have on the way. Dunu Titan 1ES, couple of lucky bags, a balanced cable for between BL03 and ES100. Think that's it but I forget...

Nov 15, 2019 at 5:46 PM Post #20,998 of 31,831
[QUOTE = "Tonymac136, post: 15309701, membro: 516834"] Não gosto do ****. Duvido que eu gostaria do Pro. [/ CITAÇÕES]
Existe alguma chance de algum **** ficar com defeito? As opiniões são muito divergentes

I don't speak Portuguese but based on what I remember of Spanish and with a little bit of context-reading I think the answer is - no, I am pretty sure my **** are working fine. I don't like the timbre at all and they sound quite imbalanced across the frequency range.

Nov 15, 2019 at 6:24 PM Post #20,999 of 31,831
I know it has been said many times some time ago, but as this thread is over 20.000 posts and people still ask about Tin T2, I think it's good idea to remember that not only bass quantity, but sound quality globally considered, depends largely on fit/seal. "Stock" fitting (cable down, each earpiece in the "correct" ear) could be a nightmare to get good seal, bass most probably will be non existent, distant mids, and thin and crappy sound in general. Switching earpieces (right earpiece in left ear, and so on) and using cable over the ear the magic appears, and the sound becomes full across all frequencies. It's a completely different earphone, and a very pleasant one: balanced, detailed, airy, good timbre, well textured bass notes.

Nov 15, 2019 at 6:42 PM Post #21,000 of 31,831
I'm not even sure what I have on the way. Dunu Titan 1ES, couple of lucky bags, a balanced cable for between BL03 and ES100. Think that's it but I forget...

Be sure to run your bl03 high voltage balanced via the es100, you’ll be in for a treat, it really grabs hold and controls that excellent carbon driver

Users who are viewing this thread

Back