CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 23, 2019 at 3:50 PM Post #20,431 of 31,831
Just compare them to BLON BL-03, they are very close to Kanas Pro which have DLC driver inside.

Absolutely. The Hibiscus is 2x the cost of the Blon, so it’s gonna have some big shoes to fill to justify the cost :)

Oct 23, 2019 at 4:05 PM Post #20,432 of 31,831
Looking forward to your impressions. I have them in my cart and am super piqued about them. Was targeting them for 11.11 although Blons have hit me hard but I think some good impressions and my heart will melt faster than mozzarella. It's so difficult to stay away thanks to Chi-fi.

Since they’re still on pre-order, I definitely won’t have them by 11.11.

I don’t even know exactly when they’ll even be shipping. I don’t want to hold anyone up from missing out on any 11.11 deals, so I want to be very upfront.

Oct 23, 2019 at 4:09 PM Post #20,433 of 31,831
What source are you using? What sound are you after? Fwiw the Tin T2 is neither boring nor lacking in bass if properly driven and fitted with good tips (ideally foams). As for the cable on the 03, I have no issue with the stock (though I have changed cable for something a bit heavier now.)

I've heard that the bass is decent but not overwhelming and I also heard that the bass is non-existent and that everyone was doing the bass mod. So which is it? Lol. The sound of the T2s was described as balanced with a wide soundstage and that sounded good to me.
I don't know what sound I'm after, to be honest. I have the Fidelio X2 because I liked the idea of a wide soundstage, airy sound with bass but on some songs the bass can be tiresome. I also don't like if the sound is too bright. I listen to everything except heavy metal.
I usually use foam tips, Dragonfly Red and FLAC but sometimes Ialso like to listen to something on youtube.

That is 100% untrue.

Also, the T2 always lacked bass; that is nothing new or surprising. They are still excellent earphones.

The problem is that I didn't try them so I don't know if it has zero bass or it's weak so it doesn't shake your head lol.

what kind of sound do you like? both of them is equally good and i love them both. my personal preference is more towards the T2 (and the T2 Pro more) than the Blon, simply because i like treble detail. also the T2 sound sig is rather unique and specialized...it's harder to find this kind of signature even up the price range, while it's easier to find similar to Blon signature up the price range. though to be fair, doing it at the 30 usd price is a tough act to follow

the T2 is not really a slouch in bass, as i feel it digs even deeper than the Blon in bass extension, but the Blon definitely has more low bass and midbass quantity. for me it's better to do the nozzle mod on the T2 than the vent tape mod.

lastly, you don't need new cable for the Blon.

Thank's for the input. I wanted to buy the T2 long time ago but you know how ChiFi works, there's always something newer and better. The T2 Pro, the T3 and now people are saying I should wait for the T4. BTW, the T2 was sub $30 on ali and now the cheapest one I can find is $39. What happened?

Actually the BLON BL-03's stock tips are the first priority to be replaced over the stock cables. Not everyone has an issue with the stock cables, but it seems most have one with the stock tips.
The BLON's nozzle is short, so most headfiers found the stock tips doesn't give good fit with it. Longer nozzle eartips (eg spinfits), or spacer mods (see forums) have provided better fit than stock eartips. But I read that the sellers are putting newer grey tips with their BLONs, which are longer in nozzle than the first few batches of black stock tips, so maybe these grey tips may do the job. Maybe the rest can provide input on this.

The stock cable has a very stiff earhook, and some headfiers find it may yank the IEM out of your ears. Just try the BLON with the default cables first to see if it suits you. It it doesn't, some headfiers cut the earhook open or heat and reform the cables or use aftermarket ones, YMMV.

One thing I would advise, is that the BLON BL-03 is not the best set for on the go listening. The isolation is below average (with multiple sets of silicone tips I've tried, maybe foam might provide better isolation). Wind noise does get in occasionally and there is a tendency to jack up the volume with poorer isolation, which may result in slight distortion with the BLON. And it definitely scales better with a dedicated amp IMHO, smart phones can drive it but it scales better with some juice.

There are other great sub $50 USD CHIFI that recently released and have great reviews like the CCA C12, TRN V90, KZ ZSX, maybe u can check out those sets too. Hope u find what u are looking for!

Thanks! I'm aware of the short nozzles and those keyboard spacer mod or whatever it is. I don't know if I want to mess with it.
I actually wanted to buy the Tin P1 when the were hot because everyone was saying how good they are I'm glad that I didn't because that's a lot of money for something I could damage or lose. Also, suddenly people don't like the P1 as much as they used to.
I kinda want the Shuoer Tape. :blush:

Oct 23, 2019 at 4:50 PM Post #20,434 of 31,831
I've heard that the bass is decent but not overwhelming and I also heard that the bass is non-existent and that everyone was doing the bass mod. So which is it? Lol. The sound of the T2s was described as balanced with a wide soundstage and that sounded good to me.
I don't know what sound I'm after, to be honest. I have the Fidelio X2 because I liked the idea of a wide soundstage, airy sound with bass but on some songs the bass can be tiresome. I also don't like if the sound is too bright. I listen to everything except heavy metal.
I usually use foam tips, Dragonfly Red and FLAC but sometimes Ialso like to listen to something on youtube.

The problem is that I didn't try them so I don't know if it has zero bass or it's weak so it doesn't shake your head lol.

Thank's for the input. I wanted to buy the T2 long time ago but you know how ChiFi works, there's always something newer and better. The T2 Pro, the T3 and now people are saying I should wait for the T4. BTW, the T2 was sub $30 on ali and now the cheapest one I can find is $39. What happened?

Thanks! I'm aware of the short nozzles and those keyboard spacer mod or whatever it is. I don't know if I want to mess with it.
I actually wanted to buy the Tin P1 when the were hot because everyone was saying how good they are I'm glad that I didn't because that's a lot of money for something I could damage or lose. Also, suddenly people don't like the P1 as much as they used to.

Yeah, that's the effect of the hype train. Always something new and better just around the corner.
If you're not a basshead you will probably find the T2 quite OK. Sure, bass is its weakest point but what's there is fast and punchy. I use amplifiers and foam tips. Plugged into a phone it's tinny rubbish. Certainly I've never felt the need to do a bass mod. But then I've enough pairs of phones to find something bassier if the mood takes me. To me it's a "better" headphone than the Blon BL03, but the Blon is just very very likeable in the way it presents music. It doesn't bombard you with detail, it doesn't force you to hear all the instruments as separate entities, the music washes over you as a whole.

Oct 23, 2019 at 5:15 PM Post #20,435 of 31,831

Based on what you’re saying, I would highly recommend the Toneking NineTail to you. It has 9 different filter combinations, and the sound can be tweaked to your liking. It fits great and is super comfortable.

It goes on sale as cheap as the $70-$80 range, and is worth every penny.

I think you’d like it.

Oct 23, 2019 at 11:21 PM Post #20,436 of 31,831
Absolutely. The Hibiscus is 2x the cost of the Blon, so it’s gonna have some big shoes to fill to justify the cost :)

Would love to hear your comparison of the Hibiscus with the BLON and Ninetails.
BTW do u know what is the tuning of the Hibiscus?

The Aliexpress sellers jack up the price of some their stuff before a big sale (in this case 11/11), that's what I observed from the past few big sales. Dunno if it's to give a psychological impact when they suddenly discount their stuff during 11/11. But if u can wait till 11/11, I've seen the T2 at 23 bucks before.

I would second the Toneking Ninetails as a great DD with 9 tuning configurations - from neutralish to V shaped to basshead tuning. But if I recall, u are looking for a set for on the go use and the isolation on the Ninetails is below average. In addition, some headfiers report that their tuning filters dropped out when walking outside, but there are some mods that the others do to secure the filters.

I don't have the Tin P1, but it seems it needs an amp to drive it from the headfi reviews. And if u wanna use it on the go, u might have to get a decent amp in such a case.

But based from feedback I gathered here, Toneking Nine Tails is a step above?

If u are asking about the "step above", is it referring to BLON BL-03?
Ninetails costs about 3 times more than the BLON BL-03 but the benefit of the Ninetails is in it's customizability (see above point), and it is more refined in most areas compared to the BLON BL-03.
But IMHO the Ninetails does lose out to the BLON BL-03 in the area of timbre and tonality and isolation. I did compare the Ninetails and BLON BL-03 briefly here, at the 2nd last section of an amateur review on the BLON BL-03: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/blon-bl-03.23894/reviews#review-22744

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2019 at 11:49 PM Post #20,437 of 31,831
I've heard that the bass is decent but not overwhelming and I also heard that the bass is non-existent and that everyone was doing the bass mod. So which is it?

from what i conclude, people perceived the T2 lack of bass(all of the Tinhifi also) usually contributed from the fitting not too secure. doing the bass vent mod would make the bass bloated a bit, so i personally would prefer to not do that, but instead do the eartip mod to reduce the treble instead

BTW, the T2 was sub $30 on ali and now the cheapest one I can find is $39. What happened?

you might want to wait for the next sale on 11.11.it might go down a bit

Oct 23, 2019 at 11:53 PM Post #20,438 of 31,831
If you don't have a Dap like the Kann or the HibY R6 Pro, then the Blon-03 is the easier pick.

Tin HiFi P1 is too much an investment for you.

Tin HiFi P1 is good for speed. But you need to EQ the bass and the Blon-03 already got its bass down.

But overall the P1 is still the better iem if you EQ up the bass. They respond very good to EQ. Speed and seperation won't get congested no matter what genre you throw at them.

Alternative is use the E1da Powerdac 2 to drive the Tin Hifi P1 cheaply.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2019 at 2:45 AM Post #20,439 of 31,831
Mine is not funny looking. My Semkarch looks beautiful!

10359446.jpg
Wow, which cable is that?

Oct 24, 2019 at 3:15 AM Post #20,440 of 31,831
Wow, which cable is that?

That is one of the stock cables for the DT8 and MT100. I do not know if the company would sell it separately.

Oct 24, 2019 at 6:13 AM Post #20,441 of 31,831
Love Blon BL-03 three days in.
The only thing I miss from KZ ZS10 Pro is that they shine when much is going on in the song, do not lose detail of individual instruments. Thanks to multiple drivers I suppose. Is it called separation in audio language?

Blon is tuned so well, though. I suppose I am waiting for KZ to step up and make such well tuned IEMs. Probably it is more difficult with multiple drivers vs one DD. Will it ever happen.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2019 at 10:39 AM Post #20,442 of 31,831
Would love to hear your comparison of the Hibiscus with the BLON and Ninetails.
BTW do u know what is the tuning of the Hibiscus?

Sure, I can compare all 3 of those.

As far as the tuning, your guess is as good as mine. I haven’t seen from the Faaeal marketing material any graphs or description of the sound. I’ll just have to wait until it arrives to see what type of tuning it has.

Oct 24, 2019 at 10:49 AM Post #20,443 of 31,831
Sure, I can compare all 3 of those.

As far as the tuning, your guess is as good as mine. I haven’t seen from the Faaeal ma
sd2VYFX
rketing material any graphs or description of the sound. I’ll just have to wait until it arrives to see what type of tuning it has.

There is a graph in the Aliexpress Preorder page.

Screenshot_20191024-174710997.jpg
Screenshot_20191024-174635208.jpg

Screenshot_20191024-175340141.jpg

US $64.90 | Pre-sale FAAEAL Hibiscus Diamond Like Carbon Diaphragm Dynamic HIFI In Ear Earphone Monitor Stage IEM Earbud Plating Metal
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/kBWIrG6k

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2019 at 11:26 AM Post #20,444 of 31,831

Users who are viewing this thread

Back