CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 22, 2019 at 8:51 PM Post #20,416 of 31,831
Received my Semkarch CNT1 today, I like it a lot. I like how it doesn't get sibilant and the bass is similar in quantity and quality to the TFZ T2 (as in a lot and very good) but I especially like how I'm not getting murdered by treble which can happen on the T2 Galaxy. Using the stock tips,stock cable, black nozzle/filter. In other news, I still like the T2 Galaxy and CNT1 better than the blon 03, I find the blon 03 boring but I'm glad you fellas like it. We all listen to different types of music after all.

Oct 22, 2019 at 9:13 PM Post #20,417 of 31,831
The Blon 03 is hot currently but they need a new cable.

That is 100% untrue.

Also, the T2 always lacked bass; that is nothing new or surprising. They are still excellent earphones.

Bear in mind that regardless of how good a particular piece of gear is, if it doesn’t fit the sound profile you like it’s not going to be enjoyable.

I think too often people get wrapped up in the hype and YouTube reviews of how good something is, and hit the order button without even really stopping to think about if they’d even enjoy it in the 1st place.

I don’t like flat tuning, so I don’t care how good a piece of gear is or how much of an incredible value or giant killer it would be. I wouldn’t even order it in the 1st place, because I know I wouldn’t like it. That doesn’t make it bad, it just doesn’t make it my cup of tea.

Oct 22, 2019 at 10:35 PM Post #20,418 of 31,831
Looking for something to listen on the go. The last IEM I got was the KZ ZS6. I was looking at Tin T2 and Blon BL03. Everyone was raving about the T2s and now they sound boring and lack baas. The Blon 03 is hot currently but they need a new cable. That's basically what I gathered so far. I don't know what to get. Anything better in that price range?

what kind of sound do you like? both of them is equally good and i love them both. my personal preference is more towards the T2 (and the T2 Pro more) than the Blon, simply because i like treble detail. also the T2 sound sig is rather unique and specialized...it's harder to find this kind of signature even up the price range, while it's easier to find similar to Blon signature up the price range. though to be fair, doing it at the 30 usd price is a tough act to follow

the T2 is not really a slouch in bass, as i feel it digs even deeper than the Blon in bass extension, but the Blon definitely has more low bass and midbass quantity. for me it's better to do the nozzle mod on the T2 than the vent tape mod.

lastly, you don't need new cable for the Blon.

Oct 22, 2019 at 11:23 PM Post #20,419 of 31,831
Looking for something to listen on the go. The last IEM I got was the KZ ZS6. I was looking at Tin T2 and Blon BL03. Everyone was raving about the T2s and now they sound boring and lack baas. The Blon 03 is hot currently but they need a new cable. That's basically what I gathered so far. I don't know what to get. Anything better in that price range?

Actually the BLON BL-03's stock tips are the first priority to be replaced over the stock cables. Not everyone has an issue with the stock cables, but it seems most have one with the stock tips.
The BLON's nozzle is short, so most headfiers found the stock tips doesn't give good fit with it. Longer nozzle eartips (eg spinfits), or spacer mods (see forums) have provided better fit than stock eartips. But I read that the sellers are putting newer grey tips with their BLONs, which are longer in nozzle than the first few batches of black stock tips, so maybe these grey tips may do the job. Maybe the rest can provide input on this.

The stock cable has a very stiff earhook, and some headfiers find it may yank the IEM out of your ears. Just try the BLON with the default cables first to see if it suits you. It it doesn't, some headfiers cut the earhook open or heat and reform the cables or use aftermarket ones, YMMV.

One thing I would advise, is that the BLON BL-03 is not the best set for on the go listening. The isolation is below average (with multiple sets of silicone tips I've tried, maybe foam might provide better isolation). Wind noise does get in occasionally and there is a tendency to jack up the volume with poorer isolation, which may result in slight distortion with the BLON. And it definitely scales better with a dedicated amp IMHO, smart phones can drive it but it scales better with some juice.

There are other great sub $50 USD CHIFI that recently released and have great reviews like the CCA C12, TRN V90, KZ ZSX, maybe u can check out those sets too. Hope u find what u are looking for!

Oct 23, 2019 at 9:17 AM Post #20,421 of 31,831
The stock cable has a very stiff earhook, and some headfiers find it may yank the IEM out of your ears. Just try the BLON with the default cables first to see if it suits you. It it doesn't, some headfiers cut the earhook open or heat and reform the cables or use aftermarket ones, YMMV.

If you do remove the earhook on the stock cable or buy a cable with no earhook , you can wear the Blon cable down... you have to reverse the right and left earpieces of course....and you have to pay attention to polarity. A few of us have discovered that this is more comfortable. Fits more like an earbud but with a tip to keep it more secure.

I have always preferred cable down. I buy the others because some of them are just too tempting.

My post about this in the Blon thread (with photo)

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/blon-in-ear-monitors-impressions-thread.916702/page-15#post-15257613

Oct 23, 2019 at 10:02 AM Post #20,422 of 31,831
Faaeal has a new IEM called the Hibiscus. It has a DLC driver. The cable looks nice too. I know they’re a lesser known brand, but they have made a couple of good things in the past.

An update on the Faaeal Hibiscus...I have one on pre-order, so I’ll share my impressions when it eventually comes.

I don’t have any other DLC IEMs to directly compare against the Hibiscus though, but I’ll be able to tell pretty quickly if it’s good or bad.

Stay tuned.

Oct 23, 2019 at 10:44 AM Post #20,423 of 31,831
An update on the Faaeal Hibiscus...I have one on pre-order, so I’ll share my impressions when it eventually comes.

I don’t have any other DLC IEMs to directly compare against the Hibiscus though, but I’ll be able to tell pretty quickly if it’s good or bad.

Stay tuned.
Was going to blind buy one, but will wait on your yes or no judgement. Can't wait as I am pretty much a single dynamic only guy.

Oct 23, 2019 at 10:47 AM Post #20,424 of 31,831

Stay tuned.

Just compare them to BLON BL-03, they are very close to Kanas Pro which have DLC driver inside.

Oct 23, 2019 at 10:58 AM Post #20,425 of 31,831

Stay tuned.

Thanks @Slater for taking one for the team, you didn't wait till 11/11 for it?

Was going to blind buy one, but will wait on your yes or no judgement. Can't wait as I am pretty much a single dynamic only guy.

I'm also a single DD person for general music listening, the coherency, timbre and bass decay is just more natural for me than the multi BA/hybrids, especially for genres involving acoustic instruments. I'm very interested in this and the upcoming Fearless Audio DD.

But I'll probably only buy another DD if they prove to have better price to performance ratio than the BLON BL-03 (and maybe CNT1 at the firesale pricing).

Oct 23, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #20,426 of 31,831
I'm now too.

After listening to the Semkarch CNT-1 and the BLON BL-03, I must say these are the best IEMs in my collection, which includes lots of hybrids from the last 2 years, most of them are KZs.

The TRN V90, KZ ZS10 PRO, CCA C10, KZ ZS7 are all very good but they can't beat the coherence of these two nano-carbon single driver guys.

I'm astonished by the big and deep soundstage, no harshness, no nasty peaks, quality bass.
This means new level of pleasure when I'm listening to music. That's the goal that I sometimes forget because I'm lost on technicalities.

The multi-driver marketing galore is over for me. I'll look into the new single-drivers with renewed enthusiasm.

These two new IEMs are game changers IMO.

Oct 23, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #20,428 of 31,831

Stay tuned.

Looking forward to your impressions. I have them in my cart and am super piqued about them. Was targeting them for 11.11 although Blons have hit me hard but I think some good impressions and my heart will melt faster than mozzarella. It's so difficult to stay away thanks to Chi-fi.

Oct 23, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #20,429 of 31,831

*High five* to DD only brother!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back