CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Sep 30, 2019 at 6:58 AM Post #20,041 of 31,831
Alright, yes definitely BLON isnt bass shy, for me also i prefer just a bit lower, but so far so good, not complain about that, still acceptable for me. My biggets issue is the fit, but actually with cables, they are OK, only with BT20 because of the earhook stiffness
I agree about the fit. The stock cable and tips didn't work for me, the angled connectors forced the IEMs out of my ears. With the fit I have now, the BLON is one of the best in my collection but I would like a little more treble presence and life. They make for a very relaxing listen, though.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2019 at 7:08 AM Post #20,042 of 31,831
I agree about the fit. The stock cable and tips didn't work for me, the angled connectors forced the IEMs out if my ears. With the fit I have now, the BLON is one of the best in my collection but I would like a little more treble presence and life. They make for a very relaxing listen, though.

are you using straight connector without plastic earhook? actually listen them on high volume until you got your desired treble level, they are more lively (for some reasons, on low volume level bass is heard more) they are perceive more lively on high volume

Sep 30, 2019 at 7:16 AM Post #20,043 of 31,831
are you using straight connector without plastic earhook? actually listen them on high volume until you got your desired treble level, they are more lively (for some reasons, on low volume level bass is heard more) they are perceive more lively on high volume
The TRN cable has straight connectors and softish ear hooks. I use a Fiio A5 amplifier so am supplying the BLON with plenty of power. I'm not a treble head but appreciate clarity and detail and a balancing brightness.

Sep 30, 2019 at 8:22 AM Post #20,047 of 31,831
Tiny is Moondrop Spaceship huge is Kz as16

This spaceship is unbeliable even without critical listening. I wonder how KXXS is if the entry model is sounding brilliant save lower basses that can't go deep.

I think I have something that might be smaller. Maybe I will get the Moondrop Spaceship and compare. These are my ZIOFEN H300. I liked them enough to get two colors:) Tiny microdrivers in a little plastic shell. It has been awhile since I listened to these because I have too many but now that I have gotten them out for the photo... I do remember really enjoying them at the time... before things got out of control.

They are probably discontinued. I got them for £5.99 each with an Amazon UK lightning deal a year and a half ago. The original price was £15.99.

R0015503.JPG

Sep 30, 2019 at 8:41 AM Post #20,048 of 31,831
I had recently received the Magaosi BK50. It's not bad for a 1DD + 1BA configuration. The entire frequency seems to be rather on the smooth side. The only downside is that the cables are not removable. The fit is pretty good for a shallow fit IEM and btw, my ears are really small, so it's fine.
a couple years ago the bk50 was widely hyped as the go-to $50 iem--i pulled it out recently and like you say it isn't bad (warm/smooth) and also very well-made, but sonically it doesn't hold up to the new contendahs in its price class (cca/bqeyz/tin).

Sep 30, 2019 at 8:56 AM Post #20,049 of 31,831
I think I have something that might be smaller. Maybe I will get the Moondrop Spaceship and compare. These are my ZIOFEN H300. I liked them enough to get two colors:) Tiny microdrivers in a little plastic shell. It has been awhile since I listened to these because I have too many but now that I have gotten them out for the photo... I do remember really enjoying them at the time... before things got out of control.

They are probably discontinued. I got them for £5.99 each with an Amazon UK lightning deal a year and a half ago. The original price was £15.99.

You have this, don’t you?

Elistooop Mini. It’s the smallest earphone I own. Comically small.

BC172E89-BBF1-4F11-ACEF-97D598105704.jpeg
5197A056-BBDB-4ACA-BB77-E05D3DBBF421.jpeg

Sep 30, 2019 at 9:30 AM Post #20,051 of 31,831

Dang, chi-fi really is on the leading edge these days. Not too long ago 'Treatment ear caps' looked like this:

Haha

Didn’t TRN or someone refer to the eartips as “nipple grade” or some such nonsense?

Sep 30, 2019 at 9:50 AM Post #20,052 of 31,831
You have this, don’t you?

Elistooop Mini. It’s the smallest earphone I own. Comically small.

I think I do except mine is called iHaper S001.

Here it is next to one of the Ziofens. Size is close.

Now I suppose I will have to compare the sound... I hate trying to do that. I put in the first one and end up just listening to music for hours and forget to put in the second iem:)

R0015504.JPG

Sep 30, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #20,054 of 31,831
Anyone tried these?: C$ 39.67 42%OFF | NFJ N300 PRO 3 Drive Unit In Ear Earphone Detachable Detach MMCX Cable DJ HIFI Monitor with microphone Headphones Heavy bass https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cD1USvsc

This review (http://underkg.co.kr/user_review/2349557) mentions that they are very bassy and can be a bit sibilant. Seems like typical Chi-Fi but dang do I like the thought of durable MMCX iems at an asking price like that...

I came across these independently recently, hadn't seen them before, did a web search which turned up your post. They look interesting... and yeah, doesn't seem like anybody in the west has tried them? The price has dropped since you posted, they now go for $30 on AliExpress, and while the NFJ branded variant is still over $40 on Amazon there is another one that looks the same but branded as "NEX" and called the N3 that's selling for $28 w/free Prime shipping:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RZR14JT

Reading a machine translation of the review you linked to, it sounds like they have more strengths than weaknesses, and I wonder if the bass and highs could be tempered by a different eartip choice? I don't know of any other triple graphene driver earphones (two 5mm, one 6mm), and having an MMCX connector too is good at that price point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back