CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jul 31, 2019 at 12:06 PM Post #19,036 of 31,831
The Semkarch graph sure looks interesting. I'm still looking for a good DD IEM. How's the clarity and details for this IEM?

Not a single dd but dual dd aligned in tandem, try Zero Audio Duoza. It's the most balanced sounding dd iem I've heard under $100. Splurge a little more then try the Sony mdr-7550 (aka ex800st) which can be transformed to a bass head iem via a simple tape mod.

Jul 31, 2019 at 12:07 PM Post #19,037 of 31,831
I am looking forward to receiving my Semkarch CNT1.
I don't think you'll be disappointed! My only real complaint is that the cable is pretty spongy/grippy, but for the price, it's very very minor (plus, I'm sure most of us have an extra mmcx or six laying around). I know it's been mentioned, but don't forget that you can use the LZ A5 filters (which can also be purchased separately), as they're compatible.

Jul 31, 2019 at 12:59 PM Post #19,038 of 31,831
I don't think you'll be disappointed! My only real complaint is that the cable is pretty spongy/grippy, but for the price, it's very very minor (plus, I'm sure most of us have an extra mmcx or six laying around). I know it's been mentioned, but don't forget that you can use the LZ A5 filters (which can also be purchased separately), as they're compatible.
Cable point is valid, but you know, I used that cable up until about a month ago. I find it gets less springy and grippy after it gets dirty. Lol. Its also so light. That's the main reason I used it for so long. It also measured pretty well for a stock cable. Was at 0.6-7ish, which is pretty good considering its a single dynamic and cable.resistance isn't going to give you much of anything. I replaced in with a balanced cable and I feel the stage is a lil bit wider and the extra power makes the bass thump a bit harder which I like.

Jul 31, 2019 at 1:46 PM Post #19,039 of 31,831
I highly recommend yall to get the AKG Samsung iem tha comes with Galaxy phones. Model # EO-IG955

I think the issue with these is not being amped properly like any dynamic driver. If amped strongly, they sound nice. Bass comes out as well. I think people that have issues are those using it with phones.

You're going to get fairly good sized sound stage, and definatly bigger than MH755. I bought 3 sets for $20. No issues with QC as ling as they are genuine.

I know BA are more expensive drivers, but it's easier drive well out of phones, and that's what they should include, not dynamic.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2019 at 1:56 PM Post #19,040 of 31,831
I highly recommend yall to get the AKG Samsung iem tha comes with Galaxy phones. Model # EO-IG955

I think the issue with these is not being amped properly like any dynamic driver. If amped strongly, they sound nice. Bass comes out as well. I think people that have issues are those using it with phones.

You're going to get fairly good sized sound stage, and definatly bigger than MH755. I bought 3 sets for $20. No issues with QC as ling as they are genuine.

I know BA are more expensive drivers, but it's easier drive well out of phones, and that's what they should include, not dynamic.

I bought one of those AKG Samsung iems recently and it is packed up ready to return to Amazon. It was horrible because it was out of phase. I bet that is something that is rarely checked with these things so some get lucky and others don't. Even if it had been in phase I would have had a difficult time fitting it. The angle of the nozzle seemed to be wrong... and I have had other iems with angled nozzles. This one was just hopeless... although I would have tried harder if it had been in phase.

Sad thing is, Amazon will not understand what I meant when I said it was out of phase and will just send it on to the next person.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2019 at 3:07 PM Post #19,041 of 31,831
Semkarch is dope. It was tuned by LZ, and at $95 was a good deal. I got mine last 11/11 for $65 and have been using them as my number 1 since. Very smooth and fatigue free. I prefer black filter(treble increase) over the bronze filter(bass increase) and wide bore tips over the included sony hybrid copies.

@Dani157 the ed9 filters don't work. The CNT1 uses LZ and DMG filters.

You sold me on that graph and description! Pulling the trigger. For $32 including shipping is some value. LZ filters are bit expensive. Will check DMG filters.

Jul 31, 2019 at 3:11 PM Post #19,042 of 31,831
The Semkarch graph sure looks interesting. I'm still looking for a good DD IEM. How's the clarity and details for this IEM?

Same here. Prefer DD sound over BA's and Hybrids as they sound very natural. Moreover, maintaining BAs is a pain because I live in a coastal city with high humidity levels. Will keep hybrids under $25 only where eventual failures after 8-12 months is not heartbreaking.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2019 at 3:33 PM Post #19,043 of 31,831
I bought one of those AKG Samsung iems recently and it is packed up ready to return to Amazon. It was horrible because it was out of phase. I bet that is something that is rarely checked with these things so some get lucky and others don't. Even if it had been in phase I would have had a difficult time fitting it. The angle of the nozzle seemed to be wrong... and I have had other iems with angled nozzles. This one was just hopeless... although I would have tried harder if it had been in phase.

Sad thing is, Amazon will not understand what I meant when I said it was out of phase and will just send it on to the next person.
Hmmm. I measured several and I didn't notice being out of phase. The cables are fixed I understand. There are lots of fakes out there, so you should watch out for them.

Jul 31, 2019 at 4:12 PM Post #19,044 of 31,831
Hmmm. I measured several and I didn't notice being out of phase. The cables are fixed I understand. There are lots of fakes out there, so you should watch out for them.

Out of phase is easy to identify using binaural tracks. I use a certain song. My husband @HungryPanda uses an online track that involves doors knocking. We agreed it was out of phase. Just because mine was wired out of phase does not mean it is fake. This can happen with any brand.

Why would anyone bother to make fakes?

I ordered mine from Amazon UK

Jul 31, 2019 at 4:18 PM Post #19,046 of 31,831
guys who got the Semkarch CNT1 are they worth to get it or is it the same thing? I mean if you compare it to your other iems? they got a price drop but does that justify the purchase? if you compare it to your other iems?

Jul 31, 2019 at 4:19 PM Post #19,047 of 31,831
As much as they'd make fakes of $5 MH755. You can google it, and even Samsung website points out fakes. Also there are Youtube videos as well. Fakes are so good that it's not easy to tell.

I don't really care enough to try again. As I said, they were terribly uncomfortable...so not worth it.

Jul 31, 2019 at 8:16 PM Post #19,048 of 31,831
guys who got the Semkarch CNT1 are they worth to get it or is it the same thing? I mean if you compare it to your other iems? they got a price drop but does that justify the purchase? if you compare it to your other iems?
The LZ and Semkarch brands dont have much presence on the internet. Somehow they are bad at marketing or creating amazing products? Be cautious.

There are even some unfavorable reviews on Headfi of LZ.

The reason of the price drop is probably because not a lot of people are buying them or the company is liquidating them as other models are completely sold out.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2019 at 8:20 PM Post #19,049 of 31,831
You sold me on that graph and description! Pulling the trigger. For $32 including shipping is some value. LZ filters are bit expensive. Will check DMG filters.

Just check out the 2 that come with it. Both are really different. The 3rd party DMG filter is a massive signature change for $4. It has a hole drilled through the tube so all the bass bleeds off before it hits your ears. Totally gives it a colder balanced sennheiser sound. It basically rolls off hard at 100hz. Don't know personally about the LZ filters but this guy has graphs for the LZA5 filters.
Anyway check this guys review out. Good stuff! https://ameblo.jp/nyanpire-chu/entry-12375038833.html

Jul 31, 2019 at 9:55 PM Post #19,050 of 31,831

Users who are viewing this thread

Back