CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jul 20, 2019 at 6:50 AM Post #18,871 of 31,809
Jul 20, 2019 at 8:04 AM Post #18,872 of 31,809
Or default cable. Terrible. Cavernous vocals and off timbre (that people often complain about but it's really just a cable fault). Must be some impedance play by the remote or something.

Just change the cable to whatever you find lying around and it must be better.
I use them with whirlwinds (wide bore) and a SPC cable only indoors due to semiopen design and they deliver.

I consider myself semi-basshead and these don't lack bass even with wide bores if fitted properly. Surely not basshead levels but good enough.

Might want to try that, a cable change on my tin t2 made them less thin sounding/ fuller.

Sadly my **** broke when i paired them up the black-white trn 8 core and tried removing them. Pulled out the entire insides while doing it. The trn cable is so bad. Tried it on with tin t2 once, did not try putting it back on.

Jul 20, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #18,873 of 31,809
I just receive the BLON BL-03
Very good first impression ! Great clean and deep bass. Warm mid and slightly dark treble. They have good attack, good speed and large scene. They seem relatively balanced. It remember me the **** ny-06 more balanced. They are not aggressive

The bad point is the tips which are very bad and don't stay in my ears

https://twitter.com/Chifi_Fr/status/1152650833412218880?s=19

Jul 21, 2019 at 11:49 AM Post #18,874 of 31,809
I just receive the BLON BL-03
Very good first impression ! Great clean and deep bass. Warm mid and slightly dark treble. They have good attack, good speed and large scene. They seem relatively balanced. It remember me the **** ny-06 more balanced. They are not aggressive

The bad point is the tips which are very bad and don't stay in my ears

https://twitter.com/Chifi_Fr/status/1152650833412218880?s=19
did you have NiceHCK ep10 to compare to?? I feel they might sound similar. Just a strange feeling touhg.

Jul 21, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #18,875 of 31,809
did you have NiceHCK ep10 to compare to?? I feel they might sound similar. Just a strange feeling touhg.

I'll see that tomorrow but I had this reflexion this morning

I try to use them work TRN bt20 but forget this... The design is not compatible and they don't enter in the ear.

Jul 21, 2019 at 2:04 PM Post #18,877 of 31,809
Jul 21, 2019 at 5:12 PM Post #18,878 of 31,809
Went on aliexpress to snag a cheap mmcx cable and some cases, saw the price of the Semkarch CNT1, perused the comments on it in this thread, and welp I have a new pair of IEMs on the way :)

Jul 21, 2019 at 5:27 PM Post #18,879 of 31,809
Went on aliexpress to snag a cheap mmcx cable and some cases, saw the price of the Semkarch CNT1, perused the comments on it in this thread, and welp I have a new pair of IEMs on the way :)
I wonder if the CNT1's filters work with the Monoprice MP80's body :0

Jul 21, 2019 at 10:22 PM Post #18,880 of 31,809
I think you will be pleased. At the clearout prices atleast its not a huge gamble. Just remember brass nozzle/bass and black nozzle/treble.

I wonder if the CNT1's filters work with the Monoprice MP80's body :0
I believe they are not compatible. DMG and LZ nozzles are compatible though.

Jul 22, 2019 at 4:44 AM Post #18,881 of 31,809
I got the same effect out of the BCD-HIFI or Hifi-BCD (sorry, I forgot the name). Although the bass has a slight distortion in the most crowded pieces, the tonality feels a bit more realistic than on the ****. I know however, that I got very lucky, as there seem to be many BCD-Hifi duds.

By the way: do more of you have the Tiandirenhe 'red and green' for about 20 dollar? I wonder how you guys think it compares to the excellent ****.
I can't say **** is bad. The lows are good, mids and vocals great and highs are well detailed. But I personally sometimes don't like them. A lot of people here praise their soundstage, but for me it is a little odd. I must agree with you that their tonality is not very natural. For some genres, it doesn't matter so much, but sometimes it's pretty unpleasant for me. I tried a better cable, but I didn't notice any effect on the sound. Yes, $ 16 is a good price, but today the TRN V80 costs only $ 19 and for me it's still number one in this price range and with foam tips I've never heard any harash or sibilance unlike some others and their tonality and soundstage seems fine to me unlike ****.
Regarding Tiandirenhe TD1, the left piece is not green, it's bright blue, just because the driver chamber has a golden color, look at the pictures little bit strange :) In fact, they are 2 times more expensive than **** because you need to buy a good cable. I have Marshall Monitor BT at home and TD1 is very similar to their sound character. When I listen to them, I don't feel that they need to add some in bass, mids, or heights, they plays really very loud and without audible distortion. I don't consider myself a bassheader, but I'm still surprised at how well the bass and sub bass on TD1 can sound, well textured and controlled with minimal impact to mids. Their soundstage seems to me to be much wider than the ****. They are not good for audiophiles, but for those who want to enjoy the music they do a great job. Comparing them to **** wouldn't be fair, but I personally prefer TD1, and if I need more details, I'll take the V80. The fairer would be to compare TD1 with Tin T2, even if I know someone will not like it, I have to say that T2 sounds more neutral, but a little boring to me.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2019 at 7:53 AM Post #18,882 of 31,809
yup just tried the t2, it does lack bass. but im pretty pleased with the detail. does the vent mod improve the bass?
take a harder foam tip like inairs 2 or dekoni that improves the sound of the t2 and put it at deep as you can into the nozzel that it blocks the air vent

Jul 22, 2019 at 3:01 PM Post #18,884 of 31,809
I have tiny ear canals. The IEMs I have right now are KZ models with bare nozzle/flange outer diameters between 5.58mm and 5.7mm (as measured with my cheap digital calipers). They insert with no pain while bare, but gave no isolation. With my thinnest smallest AE memory foam installed and fully compressed, I cannot insert them at all. The diameter of that setup was between 7.2mm and 7.57mm using the compressed small size AE foam. Silicone doesn't work for me at all. After rummaging around the house for solid cylindrical items of different sizes, I found my left ear canal diameter is about 5.78mm and the right is about 5.84mm, at least those were the largest size of the measured items that I could comfortably (and safely) insert. I marked 7mm for the length I would insert, so as not to come anywhere close to my eardrum. So my left ear canal is only about 0.7mm larger in diameter than one of the KZ bare nozzles.

Anyway, the only way I could insert them with anything to cushion them was to strip the memory foam off the rubber core of the AE foams. I ended up with just a tiny bit of foam residue over the rubber. It still felt like a cheese grater going in with the rubber core installed, but for the first time, I was able to actually insert an IEM and get some grip and isolation. That diameter was about 6mm and larger than my ear canals, so it adds a lot of pressure and I don't think I could wear it very long. Up to now, the few times I had tried to use these IEMs, they would repeatedly slip out of my ear. I probably never had them inserted beyond the overhang of foam at the end of the nozzle.

Since I also have a problem with earbuds staying in my ears, my question to you folks is:

Do you know of any highly regarded inexpensive Chi-Fi IEMs that use a narrow nozzle (I think 3.0mm or 3.5mm) that would use the T100 tips? That would mean the hard core of the nozzle would be 2mm - 2.5mm smaller than what I have. I'm hoping that starting with a much more slender nozzle will allow a memory foam tipped IEM to fit me better. My preference leans toward warm bass heavy, genres 70s - 90s, R&B, pop, rock, disco, jazz and some classical. I'm getting desperate for a solution. Thanks.

Edit: My budget would be under $15, hopefully.

I did some research on many of the 3mm nozzle brands like Westone, Ety, Shure, along with the suggestions some of you made. I was surprised at the cost of used earphones. Am I right in assuming that before Chi-Fi came along, everyone paid at least $100+ for every set of IEMs?

So instead of buying one of these expensive (to me) earphones and risking even the 3mm nozzle not fit my ears, I ordered a set each of T100 (small, 3mm ID) and T300 (small, 4mm ID) and waited a month for them to arrive.

For anyone else with tiny ear canals, you may have success (as I have) with being able to fully insert and retain T100 and T300 tips, installed on bolts measuring 3mm and 4mm, respectively. I ordered some cheap memory foams. The T100 were more like the black KZ memory foam, and didn't compress as fully or easily, yet still worked for me. The T300 were the softer red/blue/grey AE version that compress much more. I prefer the red/blue/grey version, I think referred here as AE memory foams.

Now that I know they fit, I am on the hunt for a compatible used IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back