CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jul 18, 2019 at 11:38 AM Post #18,811 of 31,831
I equd my zs7 to sound like the **** In terms of frequency response, using audiobudgets graphs, to confirm if i have a defective unit. Bass is pretty good, mids are great, just like on my unit.

Then comes the sound upper treble onwards; treble is just off putting, it sounds somehow congested, imaging is smeared over. They don't lack treble. Its like there is a hole in the treble. I would describe the sound as irritating. Because you know these are some very well equipped iems. But just manage to miss the mark.

On the bright side they do have good balance, mids and are pretty cheap, sound superb with rock music.

Do u use an amp for the ****? I find the piezo drivers in it require some juice to get the details and brightness in the treble.

Jul 18, 2019 at 11:41 AM Post #18,812 of 31,831
Do u use an amp for the ****? I find the piezo drivers in it require some juice to get the details and brightness in the treble.

Im using a fiio m3k dac. Nothing fancy, but fairly competent. Its a bright-neutral sounding dac. Pumps out good volume too.

I guess i would buy a pro version **** with edited treble, if they made one.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2019 at 12:17 PM Post #18,813 of 31,831
Would be interesting to know bqeyzs opinion of tin hifi products.

For all we know, BQEYZ is who makes Tin Hifis products!

BQEYZ has been making a lot of earphones, for a lot of popular companies, for a while now.

Jul 18, 2019 at 12:25 PM Post #18,815 of 31,831
+1 for giving enough juice to the ****.

Jul 18, 2019 at 12:28 PM Post #18,816 of 31,831

BQEYZ has been making a lot of earphones, for a lot of popular companies, for a while now.
Wait!
WHat.
Really?
Where do you find this classified info?

I know they work for other audio company since years....but if they are the one that tune T2, well, i will send flower to the adorable communication agent.

Jul 18, 2019 at 12:35 PM Post #18,817 of 31,831

Lol. Didn't consider that, while asking the question. It would then be a good measure of self judgement.

Listening to tin although, I'm moved to think that tin hifi has their own secret sauce.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2019 at 12:37 PM Post #18,818 of 31,831
There is no doubt that the BQEYZ KB100 is an exceptional headphone. At under £40 sterling it is simply stunning. I have used it single ended and balanced and it is worth a lot more and it sounds fantastic. Check out the reviews. High end headphone. No I did not get them free.

Jul 18, 2019 at 12:42 PM Post #18,819 of 31,831
There is no doubt that the BQEYZ KB100 is an exceptional headphone. At under £40 sterling it is simply stunning. I have used it single ended and balanced and it is worth a lot more and it sounds fantastic. Check out the reviews. High end headphone. No I did not get them free.

I love mine too.. and I paid for it. I don't receive anything free from sellers.

Jul 18, 2019 at 12:53 PM Post #18,820 of 31,831
What kind of metal? There are so many sub genres now and about a million different ways metal albums are mixed. Sludge and Doom are usually all about the thickness and bass. Bass heavy iems with good stage are preference for me.

I’ve been listening to a lot of Doom lately. Reminds me of the old school Industrial stuff from back in the day. KZ ZS10 Pro, BQEYZ KB100, and ED9 works well with it.

Jul 18, 2019 at 12:57 PM Post #18,822 of 31,831
Possible, but doubtful. Tin was a OEM for other companies before they started their own brand.

I thought Tin Audio was somehow associated with Aliexpress (like a sister company or something)? Or perhaps it was started by ex-executives of Aliexpress. I don’t remember the exact specifics, as it was a while ago this was mentioned. I’ll see if I can track down the exact information.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2019 at 1:01 PM Post #18,823 of 31,831
Wait!
WHat.
Really?
Where do you find this classified info?

I know they work for other audio company since years....but if they are the one that tune T2, well, i will send flower to the adorable communication agent.

No, it is (probably) not true. It was just a point to illustrate just how many of these companies are related to one another (with partnerships, ODM, private branding, etc) behind the scenes.

A ChiFi insider basically described it like this:

ChiFi is like a village that only has 2-3 carpenters in total. Everyone who wants furniture made goes through of the 3 carpenters, and that’s it.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2019 at 1:06 PM Post #18,824 of 31,831
I thought Tin Audio was somehow associated with Aliexpress (like a sister company or something)? Or perhaps it was started by ex-executives of Aliexpress. I don’t remember the exact specifics, as it was a while ago this was mentioned. I’ll see if I can track down the exact information.

That was what they said in my early FB conversations, and it was in their about section prior to them moving to their new FB page. Their new about section provides nothing of value...

Edit: Seems my past conversations with them are gone which is unfortunate.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #18,825 of 31,831
I love mine too.. and I paid for it. I don't receive anything free from sellers.

I reckon we are maybe the most honest ones. We spend our hard earned money and the speak our minds. I'd never heard of BQEYZ but I sure rate the KB100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back