CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jul 11, 2019 at 6:02 PM Post #18,721 of 31,831
Jul 11, 2019 at 6:38 PM Post #18,722 of 31,831
Great! Have to take a good look on it. Thank you both :)

Jul 11, 2019 at 6:44 PM Post #18,723 of 31,831
For the MH755, I find the stock cable has bad microphonics on it, so getting an extension cable doesn't fix that issue.
I would like to recable my MH755, but I don't have the technical expertise to, and sending it somewhere to get it done will probably cost more than the MH755 itself.
But for sure, the sound quality and especially the instrument timbre/tonality is superb for its cheap price; I would use it more if not for the short/microphonic prone stock cable.

The microphonics are eliminated if you wear them ‘up’ (ie behind the ear) instead of ‘down’.

Jul 11, 2019 at 7:49 PM Post #18,725 of 31,831
The microphonics are eliminated if you wear them ‘up’ (ie behind the ear) instead of ‘down’.

Thanks for the pro tip! I will give it a try later.

Jul 11, 2019 at 9:43 PM Post #18,726 of 31,831
Depends if the blocked vent is behind or on the front of the driver. If it's behind the driver, it's used to get in air for the driver to move so blocking that would result in less bass. If it's on the front, it's used for air circulation and to vent excess air out, blocking that would result in all air being moved out of the nozzle into the ear canal, ergo more bass.
My old one built up some debree/gunk that got lodge inbetween where the housing attachment and the driver housing part is. There a cylindrical pit there, and there is a vent hole within that pit.

That's the left circle on the image, and the front vent is where the right circle is. My understanding is that if you close the back vent, the bass will reduce.

InkedUntitled_LI.jpg

Attachments

• mh755 3.jpg
    mh755 3.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 11, 2019 at 10:34 PM Post #18,727 of 31,831
This might be a measurable burn-in proof if that's the case. I bought two sets a while back, the one I've listen too for the past few months has more bass than the other one I just unpacked now. I don't know if the diffrence existed from the beginning cause I haven't tested them. You have the ocasion to burn in a pair and see if it changes.
It might be simply a difference betwen batches too. There's a video on Youtube comparing the ones that come with S10 whith S8. Says S10 has more bass.
It's not burn-in, it's QC variance.

I've measured 2 new ones and the old one again, and overplayed them. Same output volume.
AKG samsung variations.jpg

Jul 11, 2019 at 11:45 PM Post #18,728 of 31,831
My old one built up some debree/gunk that got lodge inbetween where the housing attachment and the driver housing part is. There a cylindrical pit there, and there is a vent hole within that pit.

That's the left circle on the image, and the front vent is where the right circle is. My understanding is that if you close the back vent, the bass will reduce.

That would make sense, yeah.

Jul 12, 2019 at 6:28 AM Post #18,730 of 31,831
Thanks for your input. Any other IEMs in the 100 USD price range that you would recommend?
So I got the cable I was waiting for and I must say now I'm really liking these M6's.
I'm using a silver plated cable, 3rd party filter, wide bore tips with some foam for better isolation (with this filter you will loose some of the isolation because it has a hole - see in the picture).
So if you get these for a fair price I will recommend them.
I'm sorry if I misinformed you. If you need more info you can PM me.

IMG-1365.JPG

Jul 12, 2019 at 7:19 AM Post #18,731 of 31,831
So I got the cable I was waiting for and I must say now I'm really liking these M6's.
I'm using a silver plated cable, 3rd party filter, wide bore tips with some foam for better isolation (with this filter you will loose some of the isolation because it has a hole - see in the picture).
So if you get these for a fair price I will recommend them.
I'm sorry if I misinformed you. If you need more info you can PM me.

These look good! I almost feel bad about ordering two other sets of IEMs instead. Well, maybe next time :wink:

Jul 12, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #18,733 of 31,831
Great!
What did you got?
The Sennheiser IE 40 PRO, which I'm listening to right now with the goofiest grin on my face (David Bowie's "Blackstar" never sounded so good), and a pair of Ibasso IT01 that are stil on the way.
Right now I feel like selling 99% of my chi-fi collection and keeping just the Senns. Will see, might as well do that.

Jul 12, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #18,734 of 31,831
The Sennheiser IE 40 PRO, which I'm listening to right now with the goofiest grin on my face (David Bowie's "Blackstar" never sounded so good), and a pair of Ibasso IT01 that are stil on the way.
Right now I feel like selling 99% of my chi-fi collection and keeping just the Senns. Will see, might as well do that.
I'm a fan of Sennheiser and I was looking at these but I was sceptical about the bass
How is it the bass BTW?

Jul 12, 2019 at 10:04 AM Post #18,735 of 31,831
So, did the AUDIOSENSET180 will became next (NO BS) hyped champion???

Man, they are more than promising, and since I heard multiple single armature (more high end) earphones, I know what a single full range BA can do. Final Audio B2 is a mind blowing example of that....but 10times more expensive than the T180. On my NBBA facebook group somebody say that he prefer T180 over T800(!)

This is his little impression, wich suggest they are great for rock:
''Here share my opinion upon AudioSense T180. Before I jump on to praise it and express how much i love it, I would declare that I have tried really hard in finding good cheap pairs as my daily drive. I have tried Tin t3, the **** . xiaomi and others. However I dumped all those after i listened to this unit. I bought a westone um1 on July 4th weekend to make a comparison. It is still on the way and I would like to share this review first. Instead of narrating its pros, I would compare it with tin t3. If you listen to the song "D-Grade **** Movie Jam" from "You know what " from The aristocrats, you would expect the beginning guitar power chords are harsh with tight response along with bass punching. T3 messed up totally loose sound texture. T180 did well. When the drum kicked in, you would expect the sound is from a larger sound stage. t180 positions it right. The clarity and accuracy are tune correctly and balanced. Wide sound stage surprised me. If keep listening, from 1:43, you can clearly listen the bass tone change to neck pickup as sound get more balanced mid. Enough accuracy and details revealed in 2:44 with three layers guitar are positioned in different spaces. The drum performance from 4:30-5:00 showed off how well this unit could handle dynamics. All above are pros. It is hard for me to pick one con. If force me to choose one. the only con is that it has only one drive which cause weak richness in picky range response. Personally I am super impressed by this unit.''

Oh, and Audiosense have a single dynamic too, and will lauch dual BA-DD soon. A company to check out. I'm waiting for mine to arrive...because they work on a new 8cores cable to be included instead of 4cores stock one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back