CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jun 7, 2019 at 1:41 PM Post #18,256 of 31,809
Jun 7, 2019 at 2:10 PM Post #18,257 of 31,809
I had before few single BA earphones: FIIO FA1, ER3XR, Lypertek Bevi, but this one is special IMO. Very enjoyable.

Jun 7, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #18,258 of 31,809
When the DT-10 was first announced, I was interested - until I found out that they're using non-standard MMCX connectors, so only their cable will attach.
i'm seeing the dzat dt-10 on ali for as little as $22, which is ridiculous for the quality (i think i paid $75 for mine)--the packaging's worth more than that. a fellow reached out to me to inquire if his $22 set were fakes since some of the accessories were missing, but we ascertained they weren't--build and sound were first-rate

Jun 7, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #18,259 of 31,809
@DBaldock9 When your KBear arrives, would you please tell me if it comes with a case? Labeling some cases today and I want to know if I need to use one of the ones I have here for it.
No case with mine, just a KZ-style packaging but there was a set of Spinfit-like tips included as well as a set of standard silicones.

Jun 7, 2019 at 4:28 PM Post #18,260 of 31,809
Im testing those KB Ear F1 from a few days, and I think that's gonna be real "something" in this segment of earphones.
Beautyfull, midcentric presentation without sacrificing edges. Easy to recomend as all-rounder for those who like not faked sound.
Bass is just a bit elevated and is enought on whole range. Mids are bit warm, voices are nice lightened. Treble are not harsh or fatiguing, and without recesion.
Those have almoust only benefits of one BA, whithout faults. Definietly performs above its price range.
Im waiting to read more opinions on them.
Good description. As you say, not fake, very natural. And such good transient attack and immediacy too, with excellent coherence, displaying the benefits of a single full range driver.

Jun 7, 2019 at 4:38 PM Post #18,261 of 31,809
Labeling some cases today and I want to know if I need to use one of the ones I have here for it.
Talking about cases, I recently thought about converting a nice, waterproof plastic box (~300-500ml) into a case with individual compartments for 5-6 of my most used IEMs (and a larger one for the rest) including their cables, an assortment of tips and some packs of silica gel. After xy years with those tiny cases flying all over the place, hiding somewhere in my backpack or bulging out my pants me thinks it's time for a change. YMMV.

Jun 7, 2019 at 4:49 PM Post #18,262 of 31,809
Got my Tennmak Pro and Piano earheads for a combined cost of $22. And honestly, I'm a bit blown away by them. I'm favouring Pro over Piano simply due to fit. Pro is so snug and light.

Initial Impressions -
Pro sound balanced to me with lush bass and very slightly rolled off highs. Mids are thick and nice. Think they actually might have a U shaped signature but need to listen more to ascertain it. And they have power and slam to their output. Very fun to listen.

Piano are slightly bright than Pro with minute bass roll off. Point to be noted here is that I had uncomfortable fit without my desired seal. So that might have an impact on how I perceive them. Didn't focus on making them suitable to me as Pro had already won me over in the fit+comfort department.

Suspect my impressions won't change much for Pro as I feel they've hit my golden frequency. Will experiment with Piano to see how can I maximize their potential.

All in all, if someone with spare cables is looking for a $10 IEM they can't go wrong with either of them. Can also be used as gym IEMs with Bluetooth without hassles.

Yeah you can get the Pro without the cable for only just $17, this is definitely going on my "IEMs that I need to buy in the future" list lol.

Jun 7, 2019 at 4:56 PM Post #18,263 of 31,809
Got my Tennmak Pro and Piano earheads for a combined cost of $22. And honestly, I'm a bit blown away by them. I'm favouring Pro over Piano simply due to fit. Pro is so snug and light.

Initial Impressions -
Pro sound balanced to me with lush bass and very slightly rolled off highs. Mids are thick and nice. Think they actually might have a U shaped signature but need to listen more to ascertain it. And they have power and slam to their output. Very fun to listen.

Piano are slightly bright than Pro with minute bass roll off. Point to be noted here is that I had uncomfortable fit without my desired seal. So that might have an impact on how I perceive them. Didn't focus on making them suitable to me as Pro had already won me over in the fit+comfort department.

Suspect my impressions won't change much for Pro as I feel they've hit my golden frequency. Will experiment with Piano to see how can I maximize their potential.

All in all, if someone with spare cables is looking for a $10 IEM they can't go wrong with either of them. Can also be used as gym IEMs with Bluetooth without hassles.
That's one heck of a price. For $12... I just ordered the **** **** so don't really need this, buuuuut....

Jun 7, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #18,264 of 31,809
Currently out on a trip right now and brought literally all my chi-fi with me lol. What amazed me was that out of all the variety of options I could choose, from the $10 ED9 to the $100 NiceHCK M6, I ended up preferring my QT2 for the three-hour road trip. The M6 lacked airiness, while the ED9 lacked bass, lo and behold the QT2 had the best of both worlds and ended up using that. Like Igor said, they have quite a universal and versatile sound.

Jun 7, 2019 at 6:01 PM Post #18,265 of 31,809
i'm seeing the dzat dt-10 on ali for as little as $22, which is ridiculous for the quality (i think i paid $75 for mine)--the packaging's worth more than that. a fellow reached out to me to inquire if his $22 set were fakes since some of the accessories were missing, but we ascertained they weren't--build and sound were first-rate

And here I was just about to order the **** **** so see what i thought about that headphones and their "strange timbre."

Not too much information on the dt-10 out there it seems. But very interesting. I might try those instead. Though i dont like that fact that they are not standard mmcx cables from what i read.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2019 at 10:20 PM Post #18,267 of 31,809

That was me. The first pair, ordered from this listing, came missing the black microphone wire, 3 pairs of silicone tips, and the foam tips. The second pair I ordered, from here came with the tips, but still missing the black microphone wire. Very frustrating, but these things sound great, are VERY light, and are super comfortable. They could use a little more bass, but I'll experiment with some other tips before having that be the final judgement.

Jun 7, 2019 at 11:05 PM Post #18,268 of 31,809
Good description. As you say, not fake, very natural. And such good transient attack and immediacy too, with excellent coherence, displaying the benefits of a single full range driver.
Im using them with tips which make them bit more bassy and cleaner - very accurate and pleasing.

Jun 7, 2019 at 11:27 PM Post #18,269 of 31,809
Screenshot_2019-06-08-05-25-35-376_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.png
I'm seeing the DT10 for $80 on Alli.

https://m.es.aliexpress.com/item/33013675991.html?trace=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail&productId=33013675991&productSubject=33013675991&mb=Y2QGeQa4lVXGB7e&srcSns=Copy to Clipboard&tid=white_backgroup_101&tt=sns_none&aff_platform=default&cpt=1559964211948&sk=Z7RTGFW&aff_trace_key=a9a052965e1a49cc955c6d59c4314040-1559964211948-05755-Z7RTGFW&businessType=ProductDetail&templateId=white_backgroup_101&platform=AE&terminal_id=209aefeb1c9640b98f1fb4a33d3a7343

Bought yesterday for 20€ in Intelligence Life Store (never bought in this store before).

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2019 at 4:25 AM Post #18,270 of 31,809
Im using them with tips which make them bit more bassy and cleaner - very accurate and pleasing.
I have Spiral Dots on mine, they smooth out the treble a little and give a little bit more mid bass warmth for a balanced presentation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back