CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
May 6, 2019 at 6:38 PM Post #17,716 of 31,831
Hm ... T2 around 27 now, T3s around 55 .... are T3s worth twice the money?

IMO the T3 is worst than the T2. Much worse. Very piercing treble unless used with foams and a warm source. Detailed? Yes, but you also gain a headache for free.

The EMI C880, EZ Audio D4 and Sony MH-755 eat the Tin Hifi T3 for breakfast at a fraction of the price.
My biggest 2019 disillusion. Waste of money really.

for me personally, the T2 and (even more so) T2 pro are brighter than the T3. The T3 has a good tuning and resolution...but i just feel it's too "like any other IEMs" kind of tuning.. and i agree that the MH755 is a better deal than the T3.

the two T2s are more special and uniquely Tinaudio to me and harder to find (well at least i haven't found it yet) similar sound in other brand. The Tin 2 Pro is my personal favorite out of those

May 6, 2019 at 11:40 PM Post #17,718 of 31,831
Honestly your review sounded exactly like the Shozy Zero. I loved the Shozy Zero. Very warm and musical with an analog feel. Would have kept them but driver flex was an issue and for some reason when I would turn my head they would cover up the nozzle opposite of the way I was moving and cut off sound from that side. Very weird.

BQEYZ KC2 has very good vocals both male and female, but female vocals are very forward.

Will check these out. Thanks.

+1 for T2

And for vocal FINAL AUDIO E2000 are excellent IMO

Over the T3? Preference of either them or the T2 seems to be a mixed topic.

For female vocals, probably the EZAUDIO D4 or the Sony MH750/755. They are the cheaper players in the game but provide exactly what you seem to be looking for.

I've tried the D4, nothing really stood out to me when listening to them. They were also quite uncomfortable for my ears, even in short listening sessions.

May 7, 2019 at 12:09 AM Post #17,719 of 31,831
I've tried the D4, nothing really stood out to me when listening to them. They were also quite uncomfortable for my ears, even in short listening sessions.

I'd also highly suggest the KZ ED9, but it has a mild V-shaped sound signature that you probably may not like. But honestly for female vocals, the ED9 (brass fitlers) does wonders. Vocals are rendered so crisp and intimate, and the extra upper treble energy gives additional clarity to the sound.

May 7, 2019 at 12:37 AM Post #17,720 of 31,831
I'd also highly suggest the KZ ED9, but it has a mild V-shaped sound signature that you probably may not like. But honestly for female vocals, the ED9 (brass fitlers) does wonders. Vocals are rendered so crisp and intimate, and the extra upper treble energy gives additional clarity to the sound.

Reviews of the ED9 being overly sharp on the high end does put me on my guard but I'd still give it a shot if it might provide the vocal rendering I'm looking for.

May 7, 2019 at 3:19 AM Post #17,721 of 31,831
Wondering if anyone can offer some suggestions. My IEMs were destroyed by my overzealous dog. I previously had Xiaomi Hybrids and V20 bundled B&O’s.

Looking for something more or less V shaped, but with good resolution, treble, and detail. I listen to mainly rock, alt, metal with some synth. Budget would be around $50, though I can deviate up or down slightly if need be. I currently use Philips X2 (WOOX) as over ears, and enjoy that signature. I need something that has, or can easily incorporate, a mic (and inline controls if possible). These will mainly be my on the go IEMs and will be driven by an LG V20.

Any suggestions? I like chifi because of the value for money. Seeing a lot of suggestions for T2, ****, V80, ZSN etc. Honestly a bit confused which route to go.

May 7, 2019 at 3:52 AM Post #17,722 of 31,831
Wondering if anyone can offer some suggestions. My IEMs were destroyed by my overzealous dog. I previously had Xiaomi Hybrids and V20 bundled B&O’s.

Looking for something more or less V shaped, but with good resolution, treble, and detail. I listen to mainly rock, alt, metal with some synth. Budget would be around $50, though I can deviate up or down slightly if need be. I currently use Philips X2 (WOOX) as over ears, and enjoy that signature. I need something that has, or can easily incorporate, a mic (and inline controls if possible). These will mainly be my on the go IEMs and will be driven by an LG V20.

Any suggestions? I like chifi because of the value for money. Seeing a lot of suggestions for T2, ****, V80, ZSN etc. Honestly a bit confused which route to go.

I listen to lots of metal and **** are very good under 50$

May 7, 2019 at 4:43 AM Post #17,723 of 31,831
Reviews of the ED9 being overly sharp on the high end does put me on my guard but I'd still give it a shot if it might provide the vocal rendering I'm looking for.

It honestly depends on which tips you are using. Small short tips like these tame much of the top end. Anyways you can always do the bass vent mod, which is by covering up the vent on the brass filters. After the mod, the bass dramatically increases while also taming the treble. Even with just the stock sound, I find the treble to be very transparent and in the background. It's very bright and detailed, but not in an upfront way that hurts your eardrums (unlike the ZS6, TRN V80, Tin T2). I'd say give the ED9 a shot, they don't sound like the average chi-fi you'd expect for $10.

Last edited:
May 7, 2019 at 7:57 AM Post #17,724 of 31,831

With what you said about the somewhat V shape and your occasional synth... you'll probably want decent bass, I would suggest either the TRN IM1 or the TFZ T2. I have both plus the V80 and the T3 and the TFZ T2 and IM1 are better all-arounders. The V80 can get harsh in the treble at times and the T2 (which is close to the T3) can leave you wanting bass at times. I also just received the ****'s and they are a bit challenging to drive, even with my LG V40, and the fit is definitely a science, they're also definitely not V shaped, they more mid forward and to me sound just OK.

May 7, 2019 at 9:45 AM Post #17,726 of 31,831
Will check these out. Thanks.

Over the T3? Preference of either them or the T2 seems to be a mixed topic.

Yeah, I prefer T2 over T3. They are quite different in flavor, T3 sound more liquid and sharp with extra upper treble emphasis, vocal are clear and intimate but not very bodied, they lack the T2 thickness and brightish (detailed) timbre I like.

When it come to vocal, i'm still searching the sub-100$ miracle. I mean, there lot of iem with good vocal, but miraculous one that give you goosebumps are non existent IMO

I tend to prefer dynamic driver when it come to vocal restitution. The Shozy V33 have nice warm vocal, HillAudio Altair too but with a less refined timbre than V33.

**** aren't that bad for vocal either, especially in term of clarity. To me the best buy you can make right now is ****.

May 7, 2019 at 10:55 AM Post #17,727 of 31,831
Yeah, I prefer T2 over T3. They are quite different in flavor, T3 sound more liquid and sharp with extra upper treble emphasis, vocal are clear and intimate but not very bodied, they lack the T2 thickness and brightish (detailed) timbre I like.

When it come to vocal, i'm still searching the sub-100$ miracle. I mean, there lot of iem with good vocal, but miraculous one that give you goosebumps are non existent IMO

I tend to prefer dynamic driver when it come to vocal restitution. The Shozy V33 have nice warm vocal, HillAudio Altair too but with a less refined timbre than V33.

**** aren't that bad for vocal either, especially in term of clarity. To me the best buy you can make right now is ****.
Yeah, not bad and not my first pick for vocals either but then again a lot depends on individual tracks (performer, recording, mix/master) and for the life of me I couldn't name a single phone out of my collection that brings out 'the best' in all those different vocal recordings.
Anyway, since I already own two pairs of the **** I just bought a second pair of T2s on AX for 24.11€, lol.
(Now it's on to some more cables and a second pair of the R...n... QT5 ... Right from the start I put them on top of my sub 20$-best-bang-for-the-buck list, right next to the **** (YMMV) Now, while the latter ones need significantly more power to shine and have their sweet spot above my usual listening level the QT5 seem more tolerant in that regard and deserve an extra point in my book.

Last edited:
May 7, 2019 at 11:07 AM Post #17,728 of 31,831

Weren't E2000 or 3000 were great for vocals?

May 7, 2019 at 7:37 PM Post #17,729 of 31,831
IMO the T3 is worst than the T2. Much worse. Very piercing treble unless used with foams and a warm source. Detailed? Yes, but you also gain a headache for free.

The EMI C880, EZ Audio D4 and Sony MH-755 eat the Tin Hifi T3 for breakfast at a fraction of the price.
My biggest 2019 disillusion. Waste of money really.

I own most of these. My 2 cents.

T3 for me was treble hot at first, then i played them for about 2 weeks on my AVR at moderate volume and that settled them down. I don't even like the words burn in but I've most definitely noticed improvements from burn in, not on my head burn in, but after being played for extended time on a source for the T3 and DM6 both of which hurt out of the package. And yes, my first T3 impressions were, hot damn this treble is gonna make my brain explode. These now are NOT piercing. I literally stuck them on an extra AVR on a radio station for weeks. Figured what do i have to lose.

I don't own the T2 but demo'd a friend's and I thought they were bass light and thin sounding. I did the micropore tape mod to the inner vent and the bass improved nicely. From memory, I can't recall if the modded T2 are better or worse than the T3. I'll be able to compare in a couple weeks. I'm looking forward to this comparison to see if I got ripped.

The T3 for the price may be over hyped. I have mixed feelings on them. I think my expectations were just a little too built up with the massdrop and community hype. They are actually a nice iem, maybe a tad warmer than neutral, maybe a tad brighter depending on how many hours they have on them. For great detail and guitar crunch rock, I turn to my DM6, for hip hop and EDM, I turn to my DMG and if I need something in between, there's the T3. They don't seem to best those IEMs in anything but they aren't offensive and if I didn't have a desire for deeper, harder bass with more air or guitar crunching detail, I'd be happy in ignorance. Yes, those IEMs cost more and its unfair but life ain't fair and I'm stretching too see them slug it out with more expensive, arguably high performing IEMs. The T3 are good all rounders to my ears.

One thing I've recently discovered about the T3 is that when i wear them over my ears, I need to add a little more cable slack and push the IEM bodies down toward my neck after insertion. I don't know why, but this improves everything and makes them more enjoyable given the present company. Bass, clarity and soundstage improves. I don't have this issue with other IEMs. I don't think they are a bust by any means but i can see how some people might have this vanilla view of them.

The EZ Audio D4 is a steal after the micropore tape mod on the inner vent. Before this, they were unimpressive, after a little resistance on the vent, they gained nice subbass and bass punch with clarity and good highs. They were my steal of 2018 as i bought about 10 pairs on singles day, then modded them with family and rolled tips just to give them a little introduction to the hobby. I should be condemned for this, it's like pushing opiates on kids. Most people were amazed at the changes from both mods. I still have a couple pair of D4 for back up.

I bought a couple MH-755 and all I remember is how warm they are. I need to revisit these. They reminded my of a Sennheiser type sound but I probably need to spend more time with them. I think some other IEMs stepped into my life around that time so they didn't get too fair of a demo. Now that i recall, that short off center cable threw me off. I need to use them with my ES100 or do a cable mod for better enjoyment and more practical use. They definitely have potential, it's just there's lower lying fruit about.

So now, I'm currently eyeballing the ****, Crescent, KZN Pro and E2000. Do I really need these? :ksc75smile:

Edit: Forgot to mention that I'm using JVC Spiral Dots and Sony Hybrid tips primarily. The DM6 uses a NiceHCK 16 core pure copper cable. Everything else I believe is stock.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back