CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 18, 2019 at 2:54 PM Post #17,446 of 31,831
Haven't had a chance to try 'em yet (picked them up from the post office earlier today but was busy all evening), but I like that the TRN BT20 comes with a split USB charging cable. Nice touch I hadn't expected.
Also picked up the **** during the AliExpress sale and poking at them now. Suspect I got a slightly inferior pair, one of the two weird red tips is squashed from how it was packaged and one of the IEM noise-bits is seriously prone to driver flex ping noises. Not too concerned about the tips, the intact one didn't suit my finicky right ear canal anyhow, but if my limited tips selection can't find a form factor that at least mitigates the pinging I might end up poking at the vendor I got it from. I occasionally get that sort of ping from my other IEMs when I put them in, mostly in my right ear, but this is doing it basically every time I touch it or move my jaw or wiggle my ear or...

Edit - Haven't tried every tip I've yet, the "odds and ends" container fell behind my desk I think, but so far no luck with Starlines/Spinfit/SpiralDots nor the random foam tips I got to try the material out for cheaper than Comply of which even the small size doesn't fit (at least they were cheap?), and other than the Spinfits the fit/stability was worse to boot. Back on stock small tips and listening atm and they at least sound quite nice. :p Think I may still prefer the C10 but I'd need to A/B them and in any case I suspect I'd use these over the ZSNs as fill-ins until I could replace the C10 if it ever broke. Given international I may decide it's too much hassle and delegate these to sometimes/backup IEMs for indoor use (plus I just got the BT20 for the C10 anyhow). I was exaggerating a tiny bit above about how frequent the ping is, though not tons, and at least sitting here poking around on the computer the flex-ping is relatively infrequent and lost under the music half the time anyhow.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2019 at 5:16 PM Post #17,447 of 31,831
Can You post FR graph with 1/3 smoothing?
C10.jpg

Apr 18, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #17,448 of 31,831
Ok, here are few tracks with the type of music for which I want to pick up IEM. Which kind of sound signature will be better for these? I don't want it to be much bloated with bass and be fatigue for long time listening.

Mainly saxophones:
youtube.com/watch?v=gg0aZvaiJjU (The Seatbelts - Tank!)
youtube.com/watch?v=CXJBS1Up_kg (The Seatbelts - N.Y. Rush)
youtube.com/watch?v=93_MFYyu5q4 (The Seatbelts - Clutch)

Some light electronic music:
youtube.com/watch?v=uOHqKpgtTM4 (Almunia - Pulsar)
youtube.com/watch?v=wchyYlL5Rfs (Almunia - Views From A Blue Train)
youtube.com/watch?v=QfbHixakFTg (Almunia - Electro Blues)

And a bit of "heavy" electronic:
youtube.com/watch?v=7oa9cbRP0jo (Jeremiah Kane - All Or Nothing)
youtube.com/watch?v=u0Z5eO6wkSs (Tokyo Rose - Heat)
youtube.com/watch?v=tYedIZ_UM0k (Dr.Trippy - Invasion By Osmosis)

P.S. Currently choosing from these: Tin HIFI T3, **** ****, RevoNext QT2, CCA C10 (maybe other KZ models suitable for these types of music), EO-IG955 (Samsung Galaxy S8/9/10 pack-in headphones, AFAIK they are kind of balanced) and possibly TFZ T2 in case of discount.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2019 at 7:04 PM Post #17,449 of 31,831
Is it me that do not read enough here...but T3 aren't as highly praised than T2???

....wich was like the last year ****, something that people just cannot stop to share their love about.

Is it because of the price? Cable is sure incredible.

Still need to listen more as i'm invade with earphones and don't even give enough time to **** as I wish....but my first impression was like: not bad but i prefer T2 thicker sound with richer timbre and more fowards vocal and perhaps....more bass too. hum.

Curious to read more impressions about those.

I would absolutely love to try the T3 (and get that eye-candy of a cable), having loved the T2, but yeah, the price is around $94 CAD, which is wayyyyyyyyyyyy out of my budget. Once a sale hits, I'll check the prices again and if they lower to at LEAST the price of the T2 $68, then I MIGHT pull the trigger... but since I'm enjoying the Monoprice MP80 and its available signatures, I'm certainly in no rush at all.

Apr 18, 2019 at 7:44 PM Post #17,450 of 31,831
Received my pair of **** today. Prelim thoughts after a quick 10 minute listen are they're definitely power hungry, those red tips are dumb, and every bass head should buy them immediately. Not sure about the mids or highs yet, they sounded a bit dry out of the box, but we'll see what happens post burn in. Even if burn in does nothing these will be my go to when I'm in a mood for great sub bass.

Apr 18, 2019 at 9:21 PM Post #17,451 of 31,831
Looks like I need to reconsider **** and read some reviews again. Btw I'm gonna listen them through Mi MIX 2S directly (output power up to 4w as said in SoC description) and when on the go - through BTI-031 bluetooth adapter (it has PAM8908 amp with 25mW @ 16 oHm per channel). Not sure about KZ ZS4 most say it's V-shaped trash with bloated bus, grain mids and harsh treble, only isolation is good part of them.

The **** does sound a tad grainy, probably due to specific recordings. It's defintely not as smooth as the IT01 which seems to have in-built dampened resolution with filters (I have recently removed and will replace with micropore or orignal filters), while other lower res IEMs I have cannot show graininess if they wanted to. Will keep on listening, so far still impressed.

Apr 18, 2019 at 9:33 PM Post #17,452 of 31,831
I would absolutely love to try the T3 (and get that eye-candy of a cable), having loved the T2, but yeah, the price is around $94 CAD, which is wayyyyyyyyyyyy out of my budget. Once a sale hits, I'll check the prices again and if they lower to at LEAST the price of the T2 $68, then I MIGHT pull the trigger... but since I'm enjoying the Monoprice MP80 and its available signatures, I'm certainly in no rush at all.
About T3, just the cable worth the buy IMO I want more of them.....cause they make shine any iem or earbuds I use them with. Real high quality copper-silver mixed cable here. For the sound need more listening, wich is why I ask for more impressions....and praise?

They are more accurate sounding and balanced than T2, but im a mid centric guy....and even if upper mids is harsher with T2, the mid are fuller. All this to take with grain of salt, only 2h listening!

Apr 18, 2019 at 9:36 PM Post #17,453 of 31,831
P1011390.JPG P1011391.JPG P1011388.JPG P1011394.JPG P1011395.JPG P1011392.JPG

Apr 19, 2019 at 5:52 AM Post #17,454 of 31,831
Yeah, another review....it just never stop sorry-not-sorry!

This is the post hyped CCA C10 review, up on headfi and No BS HERE

These are very good, smooth timbre, pumped up sub bass, clear mids, light treble.
But in no way they can compete with above 100$ iem or even 50-100$ earphones. I mean, come on. The BA's in there are very basic and lack refinement and richness in treble and timbre. As well, the bass can mix up and soundstage lack air so when there lot of instrument it can go messy.

I subjectively prefer **** by quite a big margain. As well as T2, T3 and all Final Audio.

CCA C10 is still my second favorite earphones in all KZ line up, first rank is ZS5v1. C10 is more natural and refined sounding than ZS10 as well.

Like this kind of honest review.
I also said C10 is good and balance, but no way can compete with $100 iem or above, and after using Kanas Pro as daily driver, that mid bass bleed is just too much (even though maybe quite good in their class). So coincidence, i also prefer **** much too, as well as T2.

Apr 19, 2019 at 6:15 AM Post #17,455 of 31,831
Just going to ask this... has anyone of you found great, dedicated (highly) affordable Bluetooth-with-chord sports earphones?

Apr 19, 2019 at 6:21 AM Post #17,456 of 31,831
I searched this thread and no mention of the RE-600? Something is wrong with that. So, I will address it by nominating the Hifiman RE-600.

Apr 19, 2019 at 10:00 AM Post #17,457 of 31,831
I searched this thread and no mention of the RE-600? Something is wrong with that. So, I will address it by nominating the Hifiman RE-600.

The reason is that the thread wasn’t always the best sub-$100. It was lower, and the thread creator raised the limit to $100 within the last year. So 90% of the thread is lower budget ChiFi. And by the time it was raised, RE-600 is a really old model (2013).

Also, you may want to mention which RE-600 you’re nominating: RE-600 v1 or RE-600 v2.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #17,458 of 31,831
I'm allergic to Hifiman....and its a condition that worsenen with the time.
But perhaps they sound great....will see if there multiple positive impression. was thinking RE-400 is the one to get in sub-100$ line.
in fact, the list need BIG update....
when i have hours to pass on this I will do it.:wink::wink:

Apr 19, 2019 at 10:43 AM Post #17,459 of 31,831
The reason is that the thread wasn’t always the best sub-$100. It was lower, and the thread creator raised the limit to $100 within the last year. So 90% of the thread is lower budget ChiFi. And by the time it was raised, RE-600 is a really old model (2013).

Also, you may want to mention which RE-600 you’re nominating: RE-600 v1 or RE-600 v2.

Ahhh! That could explain the omission. Thanks for the insight.

The RE-600 may be a few years old, but performance for under $100... Look how the decades old Sennheiser 600 models/ AKG700 models/BD DT770,880, and990 models still dominate the full-size headphones conversations. Classics are, well, classic!

I have the V-2model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back