CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 19, 2018 at 6:29 AM Post #9,437 of 31,831
Last edited:
Apr 19, 2018 at 6:32 AM Post #9,438 of 31,831
After getting the right fit with UiiSii cm5. I wonder, anyone here has ibasso it01 and cm5 ? The cm5 have a DD of graphene as well. As the "balanced" Fun tuning. I don't want to believe they sound on the same league. But after Reading a little of it01. I Wonder If they share any similarities.

Cm5 is great but It01 is noticeably better than the cm5. More extension both ways, especially sub-bass, and higher resolution/clarity all the way throughout. Both are similar in that they have fun signatures and i use them both without hesitation.

Yeah, I dunno. IT01 without a doubt has stronger bass, the bass is just fantastic but I feel like the CM5 is competitive with the iBassos in other areas and I prefer the CM5 over IT01 for more genres and just general movies/tv. They're both fantastic though but anything that has a good amount of bass, treble and vocal going on simultaneously (like 70s-90s rock) the CM5 just seems to pull ahead of the bassos at least in my opinion, something about how well it separates the different elements of a song really gets me.

I really hope it wasn't a fluke for UiiSii and they can come up with a higher end version with removable cables and a less weird look. From what I've read all their other stuff is just meh

Nice guys! I personally love the design of the CM5. Can you describe how their soundstage and instrument separation is? Also: piercing highs? Which other IEM's do the CM5 remind you of?

Apr 19, 2018 at 6:36 AM Post #9,439 of 31,831
Frequency response of Rose Forest North as sent by Rose Technics.

That is a good looking FR, especially considering the $25 price. To everyone who has ordered or has this, are you getting yours with or without mic?

Apr 19, 2018 at 6:52 AM Post #9,440 of 31,831
Hifiman re2000 topology driver is very simple to make...

Just the instruments to do that job is hard.

It may be possible on headphone though..

It is like EnaBl driver...to control the sound dispersion and to spread any frequency movement at any part of diaphragm to all over the surface.

Treble from all over the driver instead of center of driver.

It is just that where to get those nano particle spray and painter to do it at this accuracy.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

http://www.planet10-hifi.com/driver-intro.html

Apr 19, 2018 at 6:54 AM Post #9,441 of 31,831
That is a good looking FR, especially considering the $25 price. To everyone who has ordered or has this, are you getting yours with or without mic?
I took without mic, as always. And btw, got them for 15.9$ with Penon coupon - should be killer deal if they are so good as they are claimed to be.
If they really are as graph shows and ppl say - should be one of the best deals 2018.

Apr 19, 2018 at 8:11 AM Post #9,443 of 31,831
Apr 19, 2018 at 8:48 AM Post #9,444 of 31,831
Is your CM5 s is the large ones? Maybe the small one has different soundstage?
How you get coupon for penon? @CoiL
Do you think is it better than uiisii cm5?
North forrest is better than that?
I don`t have CM5 and don`t want it either due to its looks/fit and sometimes mixed impressions (probably bc of tips/fit).
And my Rose NF hasn`t arrived yet but according to impressions they should be very good. Will get mine soon and will post my opinion about them.
I got Penon coupon with previous purchase + gift certificate, so, it is not coupon for everybody like @ Gearbest for example.

Btw, Fidue`s have quite nice price here, especially A73 & A65: http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/earphones/shopby/fidue.html

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2018 at 9:44 AM Post #9,445 of 31,831
Can you describe how their soundstage and instrument separation is? Also: piercing highs?

No piercing highs at all. Soundstage is wide.

Edit: wide... really, really wide. Awesome.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2018 at 10:45 AM Post #9,446 of 31,831
Btw, Fidue`s have quite nice price here, especially A73 & A65: http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/earphones/shopby/fidue.html

I have the Fidue A73 on the way. Really looking forward to those. I have the tiny £10 (about $14) green Fidue A31s in my ears right now. Amazon Prime delivery today but they are from Hifiheadphones. If anyone gets these be prepared for the most kinked cable ever (because of the Fidue packaging. Also be prepared for the strangest tip selection. These have the thinnest nozzles I have ever seen. Luckily my husband has an assortment of tips for Shure iems with thin nozzles. I am amazed by the huge sound coming out of these tiny things. They were an impulse buy because of the price. Very enjoyable.

I have owned the A65 for several months and find them to have a very addictive sound signature.

Apr 19, 2018 at 10:55 AM Post #9,447 of 31,831
I have the Fidue A73 on the way. Really looking forward to those. I have the tiny £10 (about $14) green Fidue A31s in my ears right now. Amazon Prime delivery today but they are from Hifiheadphones. If anyone gets these be prepared for the most kinked cable ever (because of the Fidue packaging. Also be prepared for the strangest tip selection. These have the thinnest nozzles I have ever seen. Luckily my husband has an assortment of tips for Shure iems with thin nozzles. I am amazed by the huge sound coming out of these tiny things. They were an impulse buy because of the price. Very enjoyable.

I have owned the A65 for several months and find them to have a very addictive sound signature.

Nothing to do with the packing. The cable is just that bad. I've had mine for years and those kinks are still there, essentially unchanged from when I first got them.

Apr 19, 2018 at 11:06 AM Post #9,449 of 31,831
I took without mic, as always. And btw, got them for 15.9$ with Penon coupon - should be killer deal if they are so good as they are claimed to be.
If they really are as graph shows and ppl say - should be one of the best deals 2018.
I have had mine for the last four days and still find them really impressive, specially when you take their price into consideration. I know that everyone has their own taste/preferences when it comes to this hobby, but I really can see most everyone enjoying them, unless you are an extreme treble head or bass head.

Apr 19, 2018 at 11:33 AM Post #9,450 of 31,831
Yeah, I dunno. IT01 without a doubt has stronger bass, the bass is just fantastic but I feel like the CM5 is competitive with the iBassos in other areas and I prefer the CM5 over IT01 for more genres and just general movies/tv. They're both fantastic though but anything that has a good amount of bass, treble and vocal going on simultaneously (like 70s-90s rock) the CM5 just seems to pull ahead of the bassos at least in my opinion, something about how well it separates the different elements of a song really gets me.

I really hope it wasn't a fluke for UiiSii and they can come up with a higher end version with removable cables and a less weird look. From what I've read all their other stuff is just meh
What cm5??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back