CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Feb 26, 2018 at 8:02 PM Post #7,411 of 31,831
Then i let him auditioned the Tinaudio T2...and his eyes went wide and he stayed quiet for a couple of minutes..

Priceless :)

Feb 26, 2018 at 8:37 PM Post #7,412 of 31,831
@Nymphonomaniac do upgrade cables change signature of kz zs6 do you have experience with it?
Well, no big difference but I never use the include cable....ZS6 didn't get much time with me....should give it another chance. But I think silver cable make them even more brighter and its perhaps worst than stock cable even if it give more details. Yeah, silver KZ cable give a better layering and deepness but its a little more bright and agressive too. (just compare them)
I think Slater MOD could change signature more for the best, or a ''foamed silicone tips'' that tame a little bit the treble.
What I would like to try with ZS6 is a balanced 2pin cable, because I begin to love them with the Xduoo X20, something strangely nice happen with this pairing, level of details is phenomenal as well as imaging, sub bass is a little lacking but vocal feel less agressive, overall sound is more controled and musical, still some dryness and trebly highs but 3D soundstage is at its paroxysm. Hum.....perhaps a late love story is begining.

Feb 26, 2018 at 9:03 PM Post #7,413 of 31,831
My honest opinion as love both get the right tips for Tin Audio T2 and you get the best audio experience in an iem you ever will
Posts like this constantly make me want to go back and try my T2s that are gathering dust in my closet, but after maybe 7 pairs of tips I can never get a proper fit with them. The fit an isolation is just non-existent for me and so the much cheaper tennmak pros, which fit insanely well, are always my better option.

Wondering if I feel like wasting money on a lot of tips trying to get the T2s to fit somehow or just upgrade to the fiio fh1 or something. Maybe I should try switching ears on the T2 cable and trying a cable down method.

Feb 26, 2018 at 9:16 PM Post #7,414 of 31,831
To get the full potential of the CM5's treble and clarity, you will want to switch out the stock nozzle filters for generic 'peel and stick' stainless mesh ones from Aliexpres (the stock ones are some sort of odd metalized/nylon hybrid mesh). Total cost is about $0.16, takes under 30 seconds, and it noticeably improves the sound.

Do you have a link to the filters? Not having any luck finding them

Feb 26, 2018 at 10:26 PM Post #7,415 of 31,831
Posts like this constantly make me want to go back and try my T2s that are gathering dust in my closet, but after maybe 7 pairs of tips I can never get a proper fit with them. The fit an isolation is just non-existent for me and so the much cheaper tennmak pros, which fit insanely well, are always my better option.

Wondering if I feel like wasting money on a lot of tips trying to get the T2s to fit somehow or just upgrade to the fiio fh1 or something. Maybe I should try switching ears on the T2 cable and trying a cable down method.
I have this same problem with some IEMs. Usually if foam/comply tips don't work for me no other tip will. And you're absolutely right about Tennmak Pros.. one of the best fitting IEMs I've ever owned (KZ ZSR's are also really easy to get a proper fit with). We maybe have similar ears.

Feb 27, 2018 at 1:26 AM Post #7,419 of 31,831
@chinmie king pro is way better than any IEM in this league.

Well its is better than it01 due to its naturalism and bigger and blacker stage. Image is precise.

Well it01 is a fast, v shape IEM compared to king....so bass will be disjointed for you....for some guys, this can add to soundstage(holography).......but king is still bigger

And please use it with DAC phones or DAP, amps

Feb 27, 2018 at 2:01 AM Post #7,420 of 31,831
@chinmie king pro is way better than any IEM in this league.

Well its is better than it01 due to its naturalism and bigger and blacker stage. Image is precise.

Well it01 is a fast, v shape IEM compared to king....so bass will be disjointed for you....for some guys, this can add to soundstage(holography).......but king is still bigger

And please use it with DAC phones or DAP, amps

Thanks, you've just saved me a couple of bucks :ksc75smile:
Between the king and king pro, even though the pro is obviously better technically (more clarity and separation), but the king (regular) is warmer and more pleasant for longer listening. Now i have a hard time letting the king go

Feb 27, 2018 at 2:14 AM Post #7,421 of 31,831

Have you tried using foam tips?

Feb 27, 2018 at 4:53 AM Post #7,423 of 31,831
@chinmie

Bro you will get used to it...after king pro....it happened to me to leave king pro..

Reason 1: pro looked way better.
Reason 2: cable was better
Reason 3:had a comfortable feel(metal is cool)
Reason 4: natural sound(control is way better, And BA tends to ring if not tuned, so win win for such a good control dynamic)
Reason 5: transition between harmonic is better.
Reason 6:doesn't sound compressed(not noticeable in beginning)
Reason 7: warm neutral tuning instead of grand neutral V ish..
Reason7:sounds larger in stage
Reason 8:smooth treble.
Reason 9:clear mids.
Reason 10: unwanted holographic ness is removed(z axis or depth)
Reason 11: better control over female vocals(king were coloured)

@dheepak10

Tinaudio is better than sender technically( I m talking t1 here) t2 is legend beast but its up to you, what sorta signature you like..

@chinmie

Music is art, audio is science.
Well, king is music, pro is science

And a wood advice, use gaboon ebony as it is the wood, which share carbon fiber nature and has equal sized and equal distributed grain(so no overtone, only fundamental tone)..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back