CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Dec 5, 2017 at 10:30 AM Post #4,936 of 31,831
Any thoughts on the Weezer A15 brothers?

Wish List for Xmas:
1. LZ A4
2. ToneKing NineTails
3. Weezer A15
4. Svara Reds

Arranged according to Price LOL

Is the Weezer worth it for 65 dollars?
My review of the Whizzer A15: https://primeaudio.org/whizzer-a15/

I have the new Whizzer Pro on the way and will leave some impressions here as well.

Dec 5, 2017 at 10:54 PM Post #4,938 of 31,831
A note on the 1MORE Triple Driver earphones.

Buried somewhere in this thread I had already posted that I purchased these as a birthday gift for my teen-aged son. The 1MORE are his first foray into better quality audio for his phone and laptop. Audio on these is actually pretty impressive considering the price paid. Unfortunately after about a month of use the right earpiece stopped working. There is no physical damage to the connector or cable so it was a mystery as to what the cause was. After getting into contact with 1MORE a replacement set was dispatched which all total took about 2 weeks of correspondence. It was determined that there was a faulty wire connection inside the right monitor. Overall it was quite an effortless transaction and I recommend 1MORE based on their customer service in addition to the overall quality of product at this price point.

Dec 5, 2017 at 11:10 PM Post #4,939 of 31,831
So, i'm a audio sicko, and after ordering Bossfi Blon B8 Headphone (that I should receive tommorow) a headfier insert an headphone obsession in my head: the TAKSTAR PRO82!

As they were about 100$....I did not press buy button, but I finally find them for 63$ here:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ori...stereo-PC-recording-and-game/32841397637.html

And guess what? I will give them a try. They look so nice and sound promise are very very HIGH!

Will share impression....and even write a full review of them if they REALLY excite me:):):)

Dec 6, 2017 at 5:37 AM Post #4,941 of 31,831
So, i'm a audio sicko, and after ordering Bossfi Blon B8 Headphone (that I should receive tommorow) a headfier insert an headphone obsession in my head: the TAKSTAR PRO82!

As they were about 100$....I did not press buy button, but I finally find them for 63$ here:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ori...stereo-PC-recording-and-game/32841397637.html

And guess what? I will give them a try. They look so nice and sound promise are very very HIGH!

Will share impression....and even write a full review of them if they REALLY excite me:):):)

I just recently received my MDH9000. Why are you doing this to me? My buy-list is insane right now... not sure how much longer i can hold the temptations. I'm really trying to save up for the LZ A4.

Dec 6, 2017 at 7:48 AM Post #4,942 of 31,831
all my friends ... do you know EINSEAR T2 earphones? ... it's good? And how about sound signature of EINSEAR T2 ? ...
I didn't care for the Einsear T2. The sound was V-shaped; the mids and upper mids were non-existent or muddy if there were any. The soundstage was really small. All of this was tested with some Comply tips and also the stock ones. It was only $10 so lesson learned.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2017 at 9:49 AM Post #4,943 of 31,831
Hey fellow head-fier's, just wanted to mention that I revamped my home page with quick small impressions and line-up of all my current and new IEM's.

Including: Tinaudio T2, MaGaosi K5, PODOOR J20 (China) / EMI-CI880 (Overseas), MEMT R7 ....Others will follow, soon!

Take a look: https://www.head-fi.org/members/1clearhead.363120/ :point_left::sunglasses:

-Clear

Dec 6, 2017 at 10:07 AM Post #4,944 of 31,831
I just recently received my MDH9000. Why are you doing this to me? My buy-list is insane right now... not sure how much longer i can hold the temptations. I'm really trying to save up for the LZ A4.

Lol.....why did I do this to me too? As said, audiophile is like an auto-immune disease, it take control of my whole body and mind....i'm no master of my action because of this addiction! I really should get a proper diagnose before a doctor or usher come hitting at my door!

My headphones collection begin to look like to my IEM one....i'm kind of finish with sub-50$ models (got 4 Superlux, a basic cheapo Takstar, ISK2010 wich I adore, some crappy Edifier and my beloved Koss Portapro among others....), its time to try 50-100$ stuffs, and encourage chinese manufacturer to work as hard on headphones conception and Sound techs than IEM (wich they begin to master really well!).

In 3 hours I will go to postal office: Blon B8 are waiting for me there:)

Capture d’écran (52).png

Dec 6, 2017 at 10:09 AM Post #4,945 of 31,831
Hey fellow head-fier's, just wanted to mention that I revamped my home page with quick small impressions and line-up of all my current and new IEM's.

Including: Tinaudio T2, MaGaosi K5, PODOOR J20 (China) / EMI-CI880 (Overseas), MEMT R7 ....Others will follow, soon!

Take a look: https://www.head-fi.org/members/1clearhead.363120/ :point_left::sunglasses:

-Clear

Sound signature for KZ ZS5 - "Bright, balanced with enhanced vocal and clarity"

I strongly disagree with this, for me it's not even close to being balanced and it has recessed vocals.

Dec 6, 2017 at 10:14 AM Post #4,946 of 31,831
Damn thats one hard to resist price for Pro82, and i just bought MDH9000 and havent received it yet
Yeah, if your like me and don't care about the box....pass midnight, I became very fragile to this type of temptation and easily press buy button. It make me do lot of error, but I don't think this will be one more. Hope so!

MDH9000 look super nice too, ISK is a go too brand, sometime I even wonder if their clone are better than original models hehe

Dec 6, 2017 at 10:32 AM Post #4,947 of 31,831
Massdrop has a very interesting deal, is it worth it?
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/brainw...-grab-bag?utm_source=linkshare&referer=F96PEQ

$23,99 + shipping gives you a:
  • Brainwavz Jive ($24.99 value): 15.6%
  • Brainwavz S0 ($44.99 value): 46.9%
  • Brainwavz S3 ($74.99 value): 15.6%
  • Brainwavz B150 ($69.50 value): 6.3%
  • Brainwavz M100 ($89.50 value): 15.6%
Now I have no clue how these stack up to 2017 IEM at their value levels.

Dec 6, 2017 at 10:39 AM Post #4,948 of 31,831
Sound signature for KZ ZS5 - "Bright, balanced with enhanced vocal and clarity"

I strongly disagree with this, for me it's not even close to being balanced and it has recessed vocals.
It's okay to disagree, for we all have different AMPS and DAC's to go by....the same way others may disagree with you and sources you might be going by as well. But, the majority might disagree with your comments overall knowing that the ZS5 are some of the most sought-out KZ's for such great vocals and midrange at such a low price.

Dec 6, 2017 at 11:07 AM Post #4,949 of 31,831
$23,99 + shipping gives you a:
  • Brainwavz S0 ($44.99 value): 46.9%
I bought one of those on eBay the other day for ~£10, boxed and almost new and the IEM wasn't worth that money IMO, nice set of accessories though, comply foams and case so the money was not all lost.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2017 at 11:52 AM Post #4,950 of 31,831
After listening to the Auglamour RT-1 for a few hours. Here are a few pros and cons.

Pros:

-Very deep and smooth bass, yet punchy
-Smooth mids
-faint sparkle in treble
-Snug fit
-Slightly above average build
-Excellent packaging
-Very good isolation

Cons:

-Mild Driver flex on both ear pieces
-finish on housing looks a bit underdone
-driver flex blocks out sound. Unless if you have the proper seal and fit.

I found that using wide bore tips on the RT-1 greatly reduced the driver flex. Today I put the supplied tips back on. When I received the RT-1 I couldn't fit the ear pieces into my ears without driver flex with the supplied tips. Now the driver flex is greatly reduced even with the supplied tips, so this seem to be an issue that resolves over time. I added a wire tie to the cable to act as a chin slider as I found that the cable was very springy and I kept losing a good seal when I moved. The chin slider helps in controlling this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back