CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Dec 4, 2017 at 3:39 PM Post #4,921 of 31,831
If you get a good seal and you like the amount of treble you get with the stock tips, no need to change them out.

If you want a bit more isolation, a bit less treble, better comfort or better ability to have the things stay in your ear, a set of New Bee foam tips is an inexpensive way to do it. The 4.9mm set fit the ZS5 perfectly.
Here is a link to the Amazon listing, (also available from Gearbest and Ali Express for even less money)
https://www.amazon.com/Earphone-New...071HT121F/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8
If you decide you like them, several vendors on Ali Express sell foams in bulk very reasonably.
Anyone know if these would fit Tin Audio T2 and QKZ DM7? If not, are there any other eartips that would offer a notable improvement in sealing/audio quality over stock eartips provided with these two IEMs? Granted, not all our ear canals are shaped the same way, so this may be rather subjective...

Dec 4, 2017 at 4:53 PM Post #4,923 of 31,831
happy hacking pointed these ones,they are much cheaper then on amazon... i might give these a shot, for 2 dollar can't loose and just add a VE MONK PLUS for another 7 dollar or so...
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fre...-a54b-4fdf-ab55-c7db5c6ecf93&rmStoreLevelAB=1
Many people use the New Bee tips, many also use the tips in your link with good results.

I like the New Bee kit with small medium and large tips as a first time buy. You get 4 tips of each size, so you can find what works for you, and have a spare set. Some people find that they take different sizes in each ear, or prefer different sizes for different IEMs. The kit lets you experiment and find the best fit for you.

After you find the right size, you can order only that size.

Foam tips won't last forever. I get several months out of a pair before I have to change them out due to wear and general grossness, but the benefits outweigh the limited lifespan for me. I use New Bee Large tips put on the IEM nozzle backwards to get the right fit, (see my profile picture to see what it looks like).

Half the fun of this hobby (or obsession) is tweaking things until you get the fit and sound "just right". The other half is actually listening to music with the darn things...

Dec 4, 2017 at 5:10 PM Post #4,924 of 31,831
Anyone know if these would fit Tin Audio T2 and QKZ DM7? If not, are there any other eartips that would offer a notable improvement in sealing/audio quality over stock eartips provided with these two IEMs? Granted, not all our ear canals are shaped the same way, so this may be rather subjective...
I'm not familiar with either of those. The tips mentioned in the last few pages are dirt cheap, unlike the Comply-brand tips that are 18 bucks for a set of 3 pair, so you can afford to experiment.

Put a ruler over the end of the nozzle and measure the outside diameter. If it is just about 5mm to 7mm, these tips should work.

Dec 4, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #4,925 of 31,831
Don't be too sure. I've got a v1 and recently got a second ZS5. From the sound, I assumed it was a v2. Nope. looking down the barrel there's only one BA. Ultimately I'll get the courage to dissect and see if anything explains the different sounds (different BA in the barrel etc.).
Oh......thanks man for letting me know HOW to know different version of ZS5, now i'm CERTAIN it's the V2 because I can clearly see 2 BA driver and in other version I can clearly see 1BA (little further in the back of nozzle). Don't know if the white box is a trustable sign, but its easy to look inside. Don't think im able to take pictures of such little details, but i'm glad to have 2 different version, will compare them more.

This 2 BA in front explain the brighter soundsignature too.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2017 at 7:59 PM Post #4,926 of 31,831
New BEe tips are these kind of the best for the ZS5, according to the folks around here?

They work but they are not the best foam tips. The New Bee foams fit a little loose, and because of that often have trouble staying on the ZS5 and ZS6.

Dec 4, 2017 at 8:58 PM Post #4,928 of 31,831
After listening to the Auglamour RT-1 for a few hours. Here are a few pros and cons.

Pros:

-Very deep and smooth bass, yet punchy
-Smooth mids
-faint sparkle in treble
-Snug fit
-Slightly above average build
-Excellent packaging
-Very good isolation

Cons:

-Mild Driver flex on both ear pieces
-finish on housing looks a bit underdone
-driver flex blocks out sound. Unless if you have the proper seal and fit.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2017 at 9:16 PM Post #4,929 of 31,831
After listening to the Auglamour RT-1 for a few hours. Here are a few pros and cons.

Pros:

-Smooth mids
-faint sparkle in treble
-Snug fit
-Excellent packaging
-Very good isolation

Cons:

Shame, I really like the design,but driver flex means a no go for me. thanks for the review

Dec 4, 2017 at 9:21 PM Post #4,930 of 31,831
Shame, I really like the design,but driver flex means a no go for me. thanks for the review

No problem. One thing about the DF. It might be a defect. Unless if no one mentioned it.

Dec 4, 2017 at 9:21 PM Post #4,931 of 31,831
Received a Simgot EN700 Bass this afternoon and let me tell you guys, once that beast is tamed, it is quite phenomenal. :dt880smile: Endless eargasm... :L3000:

Dec 4, 2017 at 9:27 PM Post #4,932 of 31,831
Seen you guys being very positive about Kz edr2 few pages ago, got me curious and i grabbed one. I'm kinda skeptical, let's see if i really like them, or will give as a present to someone.

Dec 5, 2017 at 4:00 AM Post #4,934 of 31,831
Hey guys. Looking for Xmas presents (finder fees may apply ). I tried to get some recomentions on a budget set IEM's a couple weeks ago but this thread was red hot and very active over what, I can't remember. Pretty Sure it was over a set of IEM's someone received.

Now that's it's cooled down some would you'all recommend..... maybe like a top 5 semi budget set of IEM's?

Budget $100 - $150
I own and can recommend the following:
Toneking nine tails (fun and musical, with filters that can drastically tailor the sound to your preferences) $100-120.00
Brainwavz B200 (musical, detailed with an awesome sound stage). $80-100
Bosshifi B3 (midcentric, balanced) $30-40.00 The B3 punches above it's price point in my opinion.
Klipsch x11 (resolving, detailed sound) $75-100.00
If you have any questions about any of the ones I mentioned or have in my profile inventory, please feel free to ask me and I'll do my best to help you out.

Dec 5, 2017 at 4:02 AM Post #4,935 of 31,831

Pros:

-Smooth mids
-faint sparkle in treble
-Snug fit
-Excellent packaging
-Very good isolation

Cons:

I am receiving mine hopefully soon, but I am not keeping them if the driver flexes, I'm alergic to it. I'm surprised this hasn't come up yet, perhaps you were unlucky with QC..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back