CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 9, 2017 at 9:59 AM Post #1,906 of 31,831
I don't know if im posting this in the correct thread, i ordered these i-buffalo BA earphones from amazon came from Japan, they cost me £15 , i was curious in trying them when i saw the price, i dont know if they are going to be rubbish or a cheap gem, anyone heard of the company or tried them? Can't find any detailed reviews on them just from google i see they where released few years ago in japan, they came this morning i cant wait to try them when i get home from work. Cable is pretty short chest level according to the details on the box but i wouldnt mind that if the sound is half decent.

Cool find! Let us know how they are :) I haven't see any talk of them around here, but maybe someone else has heard them.

Jan 10, 2017 at 10:46 AM Post #1,909 of 31,831
any iem's here that are worth upgrading over my zs3's? preferably the same or better bass over my zs3's and better sound clarity.

Well yeah, hundreds if not thousands, you need to give a price range though lol

Jan 10, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #1,913 of 31,831
Please compare with 4in1 and cellos if u have them.

Actually i have these 2 iem.
Sound very different.
4in1 was harsh on treble and lack on mid. Bass was pretty with enough kick.
Perfect match for slow music with vocal

Cello has very deep bass (too much on some music genre) , warmer sound, mid and high was very satisfying. Soundstage was wide. Perfect match on edm music

Jan 10, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #1,914 of 31,831
Actually i have these 2 iem.
Sound very different.
4in1 was harsh on treble and lack on mid. Bass was pretty with enough kick.
Perfect match for slow music with vocal

Cello has very deep bass (too much on some music genre) , warmer sound, mid and high was very satisfying. Soundstage was wide. Perfect match on edm music

I agree on your opinion about 4in1s.

So the Cellos got a big amount of bass? Is it excessive in your opinion? I thought they are somewhat mid-centric.. Planning to buy them around next month or so, what do you think?

Jan 10, 2017 at 3:07 PM Post #1,915 of 31,831

So the Cellos got a big amount of bass? Is it excessive in your opinion? I thought they are somewhat mid-centric.. Planning to buy them around next month or so, what do you think?

@rockingthearies
 how's the sub-bass on the cellos do they go low??. so is it worth the upgrade and a huge improvement on sound coming from zs3's? 

Sub bass on the Cellos is one of their strong points IMO, particularly with the biflange tips over the ear and inserted deep into the ear. This gives good isolation too.

The sub bass has a real weight to it compared with the other iems I own and I don't feel that it ever becomes excessive.

Jan 11, 2017 at 8:49 AM Post #1,916 of 31,831

mid was not as forward as other iem.
the sub bass was the special on the cello.
I tried some old song like "get low by lil jon"

it rumbles in my ear .... really impresive ...

Jan 12, 2017 at 8:46 AM Post #1,918 of 31,831
Can anyone recommend a very small IEM that would fit comfortably under a motorcycle helmet with decent sound quality, preferably not with forward or strident highs?

Jan 12, 2017 at 9:40 AM Post #1,920 of 31,831
  Can anyone recommend a very small IEM that would fit comfortably under a motorcycle helmet with decent sound quality, preferably not with forward or strident highs?

KZ HDS1 is tiny! 17x8mm excluding tips... I like the sound from it as well, and most who have tried it seem to think it's good or very good.

posted this pic in the KZ thread, and there's my blue KZ HDS1 and my KZ HDS3, compare to the 3.5mm plug... (the metal/contact part of the plug is 14mm)
The KZ HDS3 seem to be lacking a bit in the treble for my tastes, so i wouldn't recommend the HDS3 based on SQ, but price and size is both small
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back