CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 12, 2018 at 3:15 PM Post #13,591 of 31,831
Received my trn v20 today. I am astonished they only cost me £11! They do sound very similar to my zs5 v1. ...maybe a touch more detail... in fact they remind me a little of my beloved Havi b3 s ... I'm going to enjoy these!
M`kay, now I have to get these and hear myself! I love my ZS5v1 (properly amped).

Oct 12, 2018 at 3:39 PM Post #13,592 of 31,831
Hey guys, I'm here on someone else's recommendation.

I need to know, if I have 50-200$ to spend, should I go for IEMs like the Brainwavz B400? (Is it worth spending 200$ on IEMs at all?) I also have the iBasso IT01s in mind, but can anyone tell me what is really great about the Brainwavz B400s? The best IEMs that I've ever listened to would probably be the Brainwavz M2, so how much better would the B400s be over that?

Any other IEM recommendations? Especially ones that can be worn cable-down.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2018 at 3:48 PM Post #13,593 of 31,831
Can someone please confirm that this can't sound as good as my Audimi Y02/TRN V20? :beyersmile:

Well I sent the HifiWalker A7 back to Amazon. I found it too bright and was enjoying something else much more at the time... something that cost less even. It looks beautiful though and has a nice case.

Oct 12, 2018 at 5:20 PM Post #13,595 of 31,831
Hey guys, I'm here on someone else's recommendation.

I need to know, if I have 50-200$ to spend, should I go for IEMs like the Brainwavz B400? (Is it worth spending 200$ on IEMs at all?) I also have the iBasso IT01s in mind, but can anyone tell me what is really great about the Brainwavz B400s? The best IEMs that I've ever listened to would probably be the Brainwavz M2, so how much better would the B400s be over that?

Any other IEM recommendations? Especially ones that can be worn cable-down.

I think I’m probably in the minority, but I find the B400 overpriced and uninspiring. I find it very average (to slightly below average), both in build quality and in sound.

I have gear that’s a fraction of the price that sounds better.

I know there’s good reviews on it, and those that praise it. But it’s just meh in my book.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2018 at 5:26 PM Post #13,596 of 31,831
Well I sent the HifiWalker A7 back to Amazon. I found it too bright and was enjoying something else much more at the time... something that cost less even. It looks beautiful though and has a nice case.

That’s really unfortunate to hear. Because you rarely send gear back because you’re unhappy with it.

My guess is it’s dual BAs were just a little too much (like the ZS6). Perhaps they should have just used 1 BA?

I’ll find out soon enough when mine comes.

Worst case I’ll retune it, remove or replace a BA, smash it with a hammer and just use the cable and case, etc.

Oct 12, 2018 at 6:15 PM Post #13,597 of 31,831
That’s really unfortunate to hear. Because you rarely send gear back because you’re unhappy with it.

My guess is it’s dual BAs were just a little too much (like the ZS6). Perhaps they should have just used 1 BA?

Worst case I’ll retune it, remove or replace a BA, smash it with a hammer and just use the cable and case, etc.

I'm pretty confident you'll like them. I've stuck some ball shaped foams on mine. Whilst they're bright, I don't find them harsh. I find the highs very refined and detailed but could see how they may annoy the treble sensitive. There's not much sibilance despite their bright signature either.

They have a similar signature to the Estron c630s from memory. V shaped with good bass. The mids are also good quality, very detailed just a little recessed although not massively.

The cable is very nice too and you'll love the case.

They are very power hungry and definitely sound better out of my xduoo X3 than my Samsung s8

I personally found the KZ ZSAs which I received at the same time to be far harsher.

Edit: forgot to mention that for the price you've paid they're an absolute steal!!

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2018 at 6:19 PM Post #13,598 of 31,831

Keep in mind that we did not have a comparible deal here... I paid more like the equivalent of $37 not $15. Several people raved about them and I was just a bit underwhelmed. It was not horrible or anything. Just return it if you don't like it. You probably will like it. I could have spent time trying different tips but I just was not into it. As you know, I already have plenty of options. Also I have been enjoying buds more and more. Just something more natural about them.

My feelings were also influenced by the fact that I had just missed out (by one day) on an extra 25% off .

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2018 at 6:28 PM Post #13,599 of 31,831
I'm pretty confident you'll like them. I've stuck some ball shaped foams on mine. Whilst they're bright, I don't find them harsh. I find the highs very refined and detailed but could see how they may annoy the treble sensitive. There's not much sibilance despite their bright signature either.

They have a similar signature to the Estron c630s from memory. V shaped with good bass. The mids are also good quality, very detailed just a little recessed although not massively.

The cable is very nice too and you'll love the case.

They are very power hungry and definitely sound better out of my xduoo X3 than my Samsung s8

I personally found the KZ ZSAs which I received at the same time to be far harsher.

Edit: forgot to mention that for the price you've paid they're an absolute steal!!

Funny you mention the C630 because I did not care for that one either and no longer have it (although it is still in the house...lol). It must have just been something about the tonality or maybe just my mood. Also I do not listen at a very high volume so I don't know if that makes a difference. I actually did find vocals slightly harsh with certain vocalists that are important to me.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2018 at 6:37 PM Post #13,601 of 31,831
Funny you mention the C630 because I did not care for that one either and no longer have it (although it is still in the house...lol). It must have just been something about the tonality or maybe just my mood. Also I do not listen at a very high volume so I don't know if that makes a difference. I actually did find vocals slightly harsh with certain vocalists that are important to me.

I never have my music too loud as love my hearing but I'm listening to the hifiwalkers now and have my s8 at about 90 percent which is unheard for me.

They're very hard to drive.

According to the specs on the Amazon page, they are only 9 ohms. Something tells me that may be inaccurate.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2018 at 6:46 PM Post #13,602 of 31,831
I think I’m probably in the minority, but I find the B400 overpriced and uninspiring. I find it very average (to slightly below average), both in build quality and in sound.

I have gear that’s a fraction of the price that sounds better.

I know there’s good reviews on it, and those that praise it. But it’s just meh in my book.
Ok, so I should avoid the B400s?

Oct 12, 2018 at 6:54 PM Post #13,603 of 31,831
I never have my music too loud as love my hearing but I'm listening to the hifiwalkers now and have my s8 at about 90 percent which is unheard for me.

They're very hard to drive.

According to the specs on the Amazon page, they are only 9 ohms. Something tells me that may be inaccurate.

Yeah 9 ohms seems wrong. I was using them with one of my better daps and had to turn the volume up to around 50. I am usually between 35 and 40.

Oct 12, 2018 at 6:58 PM Post #13,604 of 31,831
Ok, so I should avoid the B400s?
There are alot of reviews on them here on headfi, that would help give you more of an idea as to how they sound and perform. I personally can give a rec for them, if you're looking for a smooth sounding, mid forward tuning, with a more intimate soundstage. Everyone has different preferences and such, so we could help you out more of you tell us what all you enjoy about sound and what kinds of music you listen too.

Oct 12, 2018 at 7:07 PM Post #13,605 of 31,831
Hey guys, I'm planning to start a personal blog sometime soon where I'll be posting some of my chi-fi reviews.

What do you guys think of the blog name "perkyaudio"? :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back