CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 11, 2018 at 4:31 AM Post #13,546 of 31,831
I'll continue to experiment, then!
Honestly they still sound really nice with the slightly increased bass, I really love the T2s so far, I might end up buying the pros someday

That's great to hear, the T2's just aren't for me though, they sound pretty boring imo and the upper treble is too sibilant/piercing. I love my QT2 way more.

Oct 11, 2018 at 8:11 AM Post #13,547 of 31,831
Damn, thats too bad. The first page really could use a revamp but @Nymphonomaniac is the only one who can do it :frowning2:
Yeap too bad. Anw i'm used to seeing ur kawaii profile pic, weird seeing this album artwork xD

Oct 11, 2018 at 9:28 AM Post #13,548 of 31,831
My C630 disintegrated finally due to repeated use (not really, just the glue came off on both earpiece, I can just glue them back on).

those tiny vents at the back are literally just 2 tiny holes and really far off to the side being somewhat blocked by the cable. A single resistor acting as the crossover. Now tempted to mod these into removable cables.

MzwGpyv.jpg

as I'm laying around the house being in pain from a bike accident, the QM05 arrived, might as well. Lots of time now to test them. Early impressions, really good soundstage and imaging, boomy bass muddying up the clarity a bit (the reverb of sub-bass adding to the illusion of an airy soundstage). Bass decay aren't fast enough to my liking, but for less than $10, brilliant. Mids and highs feels a bit smoothed out, helps if you're worried about sibilance. Excellent extension on both ends regardless. A bit V-shaped, I guess? Listened at low volumes and with spiral dot tips (interchanging with KZ starlines, still can't decide which I like better). Source was the Breeze Audio SE4 (Sabre USB DAC).

heads up to @1clearhead for the recommendation. Was looking for another beater IEM and got quite a gem.

rYtWXVs.jpg
I notice the QM05 also works well with comply (or foam) ear tips for an even softer and more comfortable experience. Cheers! :beerchug:

...almost forgot to mention; the comply(foam) ear-tips can decrease the bass to get a better balance while still maintaining excellent MID's and highs. You can try these changes only if you're experiencing too much bass coming from silicone ear tips.

All ears are contoured in different shapes and measurements all the way to the inner-most ear canal.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2018 at 11:05 AM Post #13,549 of 31,831
I received my BQEYZ-KC2, a 2DD 2BA IEM, last week and, while not expecting super sound from a sub-$50 IEM, I can say that I have been pleasantly surprised at the performance thus far. It is very well-balanced tonally with good extenstion on both ends. Sub-bass is good but not overbearing, neither is there unwanted coloration in the mids. Vocals pop nicely and imaging is accurate. Soundstage width and depth are also impressive. I have heard far more expensive IEM's with less sense of realism. Instrumental and vocal timbre is also spot on.

The only real caveat that I can think of so far is that the shape might not fit well for those with small ears. It did take me quite awhile to find a set of tips that provided both a comfortable fit as well as an adequate seal. Build quality is excellent. I noted no flaws on either side, nor have I noticed any driver flex when inserting or adjusting them for fit.

The KC2 is available in both matte black or silver and with or without a cable inline control/mike.

Very well worth the modest cost. I can't think offhand of a better daily driver!

BQEYZ KC2.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2018 at 12:10 PM Post #13,553 of 31,831
To me QCY QM05 are bass heavy and present an 'L' shape sound signature with nice details and a feeling of warmth. They are fun though. I also bought 2 pairs.
I am using the same tips that came attached to these; do you recommend any that are worth trying?

For your budget, I would recommend Kz Ed16 or TRN V80.
Here are my impressions when using cell phones as a source or bt3 cable.
- V80 got slightly more micro-detail than ED16. V80 build quality and stock cable is better than ED16.
- But V80 is also more sibilant than ED16 and has way more white noise during phone calls via bt3 cable.

If you are okay with a non-detachable cable then Uiisii CM5 is a balanced, melodious and very detailed dynamic IEM that uses graphene driver.

Attached pic shows CM5, Tin Audio T2, ED16 and V80. V80 is noticeably heavier than others.
Thanks for the comparison dude! Guess I will hold back for some other good options that may pop up or go with the V80s

Oct 11, 2018 at 12:39 PM Post #13,554 of 31,831
Oct 11, 2018 at 1:29 PM Post #13,555 of 31,831
To me QCY QM05 are bass heavy and present an 'L' shape sound signature with nice details and a feeling of warmth. They are fun though. I also bought 2 pairs.
I am using the same tips that came attached to these; do you recommend any that are worth trying?

I was hesitant to call these L shape sound since the highs are more present compared to the mids, but they really are fun. Taming the bass with spiral dots isn't effective since it seals so much better that it counteracts the wider bore. Wanted to try out the KZ whirlwinds but can't seem to find them, lol

Oct 11, 2018 at 1:45 PM Post #13,556 of 31,831
That's great to hear, the T2's just aren't for me though, they sound pretty boring imo and the upper treble is too sibilant/piercing. I love my QT2 way more.
It's weird because I found the treble pretty gentle. Especially compared to something like my MDR V6s that feel like an icepick in my ears sometimes, and I'm pretty sensitive to that sort of thing...
Maybe there's some sort of secret T2 hardware revision or something, I did buy mine right before the pros came out.
Very strange...

Oct 11, 2018 at 1:47 PM Post #13,557 of 31,831
Just a quick bump on my question. :)
What would you guys recommend for a neutral sounding IEM with a big soundstage? The KZ ATE has been popping up for the soundstage I'd like to hear your thoughts, would you agree? Do you have other suggestions? Thanks!

Hi guys! I've been reading the past few hundred posts and trying to gauge whether these iems are for me. I still have a bunch of unused earphones that came with my phones and I wouldn't really want to add more but your praises for these budget IEMs is enticing. I'm using an LG V20 right now.
I love my Koss PortaPro and if I'm not using that I have my Xiaomi In-ear Headphones Pro (this one:https://www.mi.com/sg/headphonespro/) or an old pair stock Sony earphones that came with a walkman. The bass in the Xiaomi is already a bit too much for me. The Sony is ok, nothing special.
Is the soundstage from an open back headphones like the PortaPro achievable in these IEMs? Which one would you recommend? I'm not a basshead and isolation is not a priority. Is there something our there at this price range that sounds like the PortaPro or if we go even higher, the Audiotechnica MTH-R70x (maybe that is too much :ksc75smile:)? Thanks!!!

Oct 11, 2018 at 2:44 PM Post #13,558 of 31,831
Just a quick bump on my question. :)
What would you guys recommend for a neutral sounding IEM with a big soundstage? The KZ ATE has been popping up for the soundstage I'd like to hear your thoughts, would you agree? Do you have other suggestions? Thanks!

I assume sub $100? try to read up reviews on the BQEYZ KC2, Tin Audio T2 and TRN V80, those might be good starting points to further recommendations.

earbus would have better soundstage though, if you really don't care about isolation (head over to the earbuds thread for more info).

Oct 11, 2018 at 3:38 PM Post #13,559 of 31,831
I assume sub $100? try to read up reviews on the BQEYZ KC2, Tin Audio T2 and TRN V80, those might be good starting points to further recommendations.

earbus would have better soundstage though, if you really don't care about isolation (head over to the earbuds thread for more info).
i agree with zerohour--earbuds tend to give that big, open portapro sound--my he150 and faael snow lotus buds actually remind me quite a bit of the portapro

Oct 11, 2018 at 4:25 PM Post #13,560 of 31,831
Audimi Y02 has the biggest soundstage of all IEMs I have. Have it for a few weeks now, and I'm falling for it pretty hard. With my LG V20 and Neutralizer EQ softening the BA, vocal on Y02 is amazingly sweet. The unmentionable ZS6 look-alike also have great soundstage, but Y02 sounds a little more natural to me. Plus, it comes with removable cable and a nice case at under $15. There's no better deal that I know of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back