CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Aug 25, 2018 at 5:04 AM Post #12,602 of 31,831
@Sebilion Isnt whizzer a15 pro neutral? Or do they have good bass like bassheavy iem? Do they have good soundstage?
To be honest the whizzer a15 was one of my favourite iem, they do have an emphasis on the bass side, but it doesn't bleed and the sound is music to my ears. The only problem I had with them was build quality, I had them for a month and then they broke, the left earpiece just opened up, I tried to glue them but it didn't work. So I want something similar.

Aug 25, 2018 at 11:19 AM Post #12,603 of 31,831
Hello guys, so I need your wise advice. I saved £100 for the aliexpress sale. I am definitely getting the kz as10, but besides that I am torn between quite a few iems and don't know which ones to get. I want something similar sounding to whizzer a15 or kz zs10. Warm enough with a good kick, but not too much bass, with enough charity and good soundstage(yes I know, I ask for too much ). I am between tennmark trio 3, magaosi k3 pro, EN900 and tin audio t2. Now I can only buy 3 of them (including the kz as10). Any help will be greatly appreciated!

When is the sale? I too will likely pick up the AS10. Are there any other earphones that are worth picking up at the same time?

Aug 25, 2018 at 11:51 AM Post #12,604 of 31,831
When is the sale? I too will likely pick up the AS10. Are there any other earphones that are worth picking up at the same time?

Sure, there’s lots and lots that are worth picking up at the same time.

Which ones will depend on what kind of sound signature you like, what your budget is, what features you need to have (removable cable or only IEMs worn down for example), if you have specific fit issues (such as really small ears), what you’re going to use them for (sweaty workouts, etc), what IEMs you already own (so people don’t suggest the same ones), what source you use (phone vs DAP vs with an amp), if isolation is important (for work or public transport), etc.

It would be like me asking “what food should I eat for dinner tonight?” I could literally get 1,000 different answers, ranging from Vietnamese grilled dog meat kabobs, to a 8oz double chili cheeseburger with potato wedges, to kake udon noodles with a seaweed salad on the side. I need to be more specific. “I’m in Italy on holiday and I want some good pasta. I’m a vegetarian, and I’m also allergic to onions. What dishes do you recommend I get for dinner tonight?

See the difference in the questions?

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2018 at 12:32 PM Post #12,605 of 31,831

Which ones will depend on what kind of sound signature you like, what your budget is, what features you need to have (removable cable or only IEMs worn down for example), if you have specific fit issues (such as really small ears), what you’re going to use them for (sweaty workouts, etc), what IEMs you already own (so people don’t suggest the same ones), what source you use (phone vs DAP vs with an amp), if isolation is important (for work or public transport), etc.

It would be like me asking “what food should I eat for dinner tonight?” I could literally get 1,000 different answers, ranging from Vietnamese grilled dog meat kabobs, to a 8oz double chili cheeseburger with potato wedges, to kake udon noodles with a seaweed salad on the side. I need to be more specific. “I’m in Italy on holiday and I want some good pasta. I’m a vegetarian, and I’m also allergic to onions. What dishes do you recommend I get for dinner tonight?

I think I could have helped you out a bit, fair point.

I currently have RHA T20, RHA MA750 and Artiste DC 1 which I picked up recently which I like. I also have Anker Flow Bluetooth for listening to the radio in bed.

I have also got the IT01 on order and the MEE audio Bluetooth cable as I’d like a wireless setup to tide me over until a killer pair come along. I definitely prefer IEM over headphones and am equally happy over ear and hanging down.

I mostly listen to and from work 2.5 hours a day and like indie and guitar based music such as Radiohead, Lemonheads, Neil Young and a lot of acoustic bands. I use an iPhone X for the majority of my listening.

I’m not a bass head and I (think!) i like a more balanced sound in the main.

Where I’m at at the moment is that I’m new to the forum and happy to try a few different sets and looking to learn.

Happy to spend £200 or so but can be flexible. Let me know if there is anything else I can answer. Cheers.

Aug 25, 2018 at 4:44 PM Post #12,606 of 31,831
AS10 dismantled
https://twitter.com/namanamaken77
vxDytA8srlcUvjFfDU-6djofJMycpIM9oFQ8fk4N58X2kbMQAacKip-iDNyDouGu1H4yFFQOgKDJmh5ccg=w1000-no-tmp.jpg

JgynFj0YI_Qp9rOgT1EctSx3KvN_9UwVsGVxm2aZVHE4NxvsUBN62hj19RaZrtUschaMQEi3BH9WBsCcZg=w1000-no-tmp.jpg

iGy3Xo2iPpOvzdOkpX8ekobGibX0Km71NjWzw79ixpuueqFx7ca3DrbrDGAZ_sP81WnKm2VctWErwrvf0w=w1000-no-tmp.jpg

vxDytA8srlcUvjFfDU-6djofJMycpIM9oFQ8fk4N58X2kbMQAacKip-iDNyDouGu1H4yFFQOgKDJmh5ccg=w1000-no-tmp.jpg

So the pcb is fake and it's just a bunch of ba stuck in glue?

Aug 25, 2018 at 5:56 PM Post #12,607 of 31,831
So the pcb is fake and it's just a bunch of ba stuck in glue?

What on earth are you talking about?

There's no fake anything. The PCB is as real as it gets, and is where all of the wiring attaches as well as the crossover components are located.

And the BAs are all neatly inserted into a custom made plastic housing, that carefully separates each driver and routes/blends the sounds of each. It's used instead of the small vinyl tubing that other manufacturers commonly use, and is more compact.

It's actually quite impressive.

_20180731_113152 - Edited (1).jpg _20180731_113152 - Edited.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2018 at 5:57 PM Post #12,608 of 31,831
Read some good words about these, its a 3 dynamics drivers IEM, supposedly very bassy but very easy to EQ to achieve any soundsignature we wish.....
the just one other 3DD drivers IEM, but this one look more comfortable. Anybody already give it a try??? Not sure about how the drivers are placed tough....
HTB1hcXIf0nJ8KJjSszdq6yxuFXa0.jpg

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/NEW...-Bass-Subwoofer-3-5mm-In-Ear/32844747892.html

There the Audiobudget review about it:
https://audiobudget.com/product/I-INTO/i8
i have it and purchased two more pairs, they are very rare L shaped sound signature, think of the old M Audio Studiophile Q40, here is my EQ for them
Screenshot (191).png
Screenshot (190).png

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2018 at 10:58 PM Post #12,610 of 31,831

I have the kz zs6, kz zs10, whizzer a15, lz a4 and some uiisii t8s. I usually use either my lg v30 or my samsung galaxy s9 plus. I love the sound signature of the whizzer a15 but built quality is very bad. I want something slightly on the warm side, but not overshadowing everything else. I am considering magaosi k3 pro or t2. I am definitely getting the kz as10 through. Anything else that might be north within a £50 budget?

Aug 25, 2018 at 11:03 PM Post #12,611 of 31,831
I have the kz zs6, kz zs10, whizzer a15, lz a4 and some uiisii t8s. I usually use either my lg v30 or my samsung galaxy s9 plus. I love the sound signature of the whizzer a15 but built quality is very bad. I want something slightly on the warm side, but not overshadowing everything else. I am considering magaosi k3 pro or t2. I am definitely getting the kz as10 through. Anything else that might be north within a £50 budget?

I have the magaosi k3 pro and the t2. Both are great. The K3 Pro has a few filters you can tune the sound with. It's a little more v shaped than the T2 (which is more flat and neutral).

I don't have any experience with the AS10 though.

Aug 25, 2018 at 11:16 PM Post #12,612 of 31,831
Having a hard time wheater i go with as10 + z5000 or only Fiio fh1, or only macaw gt600s.

:triportsad::triportsad::ksc75smile:

Aug 26, 2018 at 4:33 AM Post #12,613 of 31,831
What on earth are you talking about?

There's no fake anything. The PCB is as real as it goes, and is where all of the wiring attaches as well as the crossover components are located. And the BAs are all inserted into a custom made plastic housing, that carefully separates each driver and routes/blends the sounds of each. It's used instead of the small vinyl tubing that other manufacturers commonly use, and is more compact.

It's actually quite impressive.

Yep I have to say I'm really impressed by the internal design of these. I'm hoping they do a version with the same internals into a nice metal case as I'm not a fan of the cheap looking and feeling plastic cases like that.

Aug 26, 2018 at 8:37 AM Post #12,614 of 31,831
Yep I have to say I'm really impressed by the internal design of these. I'm hoping they do a version with the same internals into a nice metal case as I'm not a fan of the cheap looking and feeling plastic cases like that.
Hopefully, the kz BA10's might be the answer to that, if they have the same internal layout, we can only wait and see

Aug 26, 2018 at 9:14 AM Post #12,615 of 31,831
Having a hard time wheater i go with as10 + z5000 or only Fiio fh1, or only macaw gt600s.

:triportsad::triportsad::ksc75smile:

I've just spent the night listening to my ZhiYin Z5000, connected to my LG V30 (rooted, w/LineageOS), playing FLAC file of my CDs with UAPP (Quad DAC enabled).
The Sub-Bass is impressive, without being overwhelming.
The Mid-Range very nice, but a little bit recessed.
The Treble is clear & detailed.

Note: They do have an issue with driver flex (crackling sound), while being inserted in your ears, but are OK after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back