CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Aug 24, 2018 at 2:47 AM Post #12,571 of 31,831
@cqtek , I ordered one 2 weeks ago and is on the way. But looks like this is a banned brand on head-fi.

Aug 24, 2018 at 3:36 AM Post #12,572 of 31,831
I picked up a pair of Timmkoo C630s for $18 with a coupon on amazon.com thanks to this thread (looks like it's still active, btw), and I think they're fantastic as my cheap dogwalking/travel/etc. IEMs. Very nice little hybrid with great mids and highs, without being fatiguing to me at all. And I just today discovered how deep the sub bass can go, now that I tried it with some dual flange tips that give a really proper seal. Definite upgrade in terms of clarity and comfort compared to the NICEHCK Bro which I had been using for that purpose, and I had been pretty satisfied with the Bro prior to getting the C630s. So, thanks to everyone that discussed the C630 here :)
It is possible to buy the C630 on Amazon for $13 only. But I prefer the ES670 for the same price. It looks ugly, but the sound is better to my taste

Aug 24, 2018 at 8:36 AM Post #12,573 of 31,831
Last edited:
Aug 24, 2018 at 9:57 AM Post #12,574 of 31,831
On another note, i'm curious about 2 iem and was wondering if anybody heard them or read any review:

The Musicmaker TS1 at 15$
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/NEW...07.html?spm=2114.13010208.99999999.296.xNrGc6
and the BLON Bosshifi S1, a strangely colored one but with dual dynamic hybrid drivers at 15$ too (just the KZ ZST can be found for this price in this category of earphone):
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...95.html?spm=2114.13010208.99999999.318.xNrGc6

Might try one of them just for fun...not sure...surely the BLON to add to my budget hybrid collection:L3000:

BLON Bosshifi S1

intro
The hybrid dual driver configuration is surprising in terms of design and feel. BLON is also partly listed under BOSSHIFI, so I'm not sure who bought whom.

BOSSHIFI, on the other hand, has a really good hybrid in their ranks with the B3, so that one could actually expect (at least tonal) quality.
Despite possible prejudices you will not be disappointed. For the money you get really something offered!

handling
The BLON S1 look like children's toys. Extremely light with eye-catching colour and rubberized, slightly rigid cable in the same colour (light blue). Thus they do not make the most valuable appearance, but even after several sports sessions no signs of wear and tear or loss of sound can be detected.
Especially because of their building/carrying and fit, they are more than comfortable and you quickly forget to have something in your ear at all. There's just one thing they're not: DECENT!

The markings on the strain relief make it easy to identify left from right and the mic has good speech clarity.

The isolation is average, but this should be less disturbing during sport! Even in the train you can listen to music at a good volume without getting a bad look.

sound
What a surprise! The BLON S1 are very bright, detailed IEMs with balanced mids and solid, dry bass.

The last one is played by a dynamic driver, which really does a good job. He does not exaggerate and with his factual nature he actually does everything right. A little more depth would not be bad, but overall he makes a very good figure and never becomes obtrusive.

The mids are present and fall off only slightly at all. They can appear somewhat cool and therefore not so "full-bodied", but this is rather due to the prominent heights. There are no peak outliers and so you can listen to music in a relaxed way for a long time.

The same applies to the heights. Yes, they are very bright, but do not emphasize the Sibilants, nor do they become painful. Despite their emphasis, they appear very airy and light.
The stage is also very pleasant and above average. In addition, the S1 have a very good resolution and are more than just a solid performer!

outro
If you don't want to do without good sound even when doing sports, you should take this opportunity, also in view of the price. Very comfortable, light and smooth, natural sound. Of course, you have to live with the eye-catching design.

It is worthwhile to grab it!

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2018 at 12:02 PM Post #12,575 of 31,831
I'm a recent owner of TRN V80. It's fine, fulfills my needs, bass is not overpowered and treble isn't headache inducing, for $40 I spent, well exceeded by expectations. Note though I did remove the metal protector, and shoved some foam that was included with brainwavs pads into the BA in the nozzle. It would be my only suggestion to TRN, place some sort of filter on the BA in the nozzle, it's not sibilant mind you. I used to love bright forward headphones like AD900x, but now I'm more into the slightly relaxed sound, HD6xx is calling me, to complement the K712.

I purchased on Amazon through seller KINBOOFI. I wanted to let you all know the customer service I experienced. Phenomenal. First time purchase, fast and easy, arrived as expected for Amazon Prime. So often find out Amazon Prime from smaller sellers it's not 2 days, sometimes it's 3, sometimes it's 5, weird. 2 days as expected.

My Nexus 6P is aging and it's not playing nice with 4 pole mic headphone jacks, can disable the button actions, but Google's Assistant becomes unstable. So I asked KINBOOFI, hey, your TRN V80 sound wise great, mic cable and my phone aren't friends. They sent me their upgraded 4 core cable for KZ. It's a nice cable, free shipping, free of charge, without any hassle. It's easily the nicest cable I've seen for an IEM, Shure/NuForce cables are garbage in comparison. In contrast, my experience with NuForce when their garbage braided cable broke, they wanted another $30 to replace it. It lasted less than a year and they wanted ANOTHER $30 for their cable? A toddler could rip it apart, not joking.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2018 at 2:18 PM Post #12,576 of 31,831
Hey guys!

Anyone knows of a sub 30$-ish IEM that is warm sounding? I have a lot of analytical sounding IEM's and want a change...

Thanks!

Aug 24, 2018 at 2:53 PM Post #12,580 of 31,831
Hey guys!

Anyone knows of a sub 30$-ish IEM that is warm sounding? I have a lot of analytical sounding IEM's and want a change...

Thanks!
magaosi bk50 (around $40) comes to mind; also urbanfun hifi ($25) or einsear t2 ($15)

Aug 24, 2018 at 4:20 PM Post #12,581 of 31,831
Hey guys!

Thanks!
you can wait for impressions on kz zs4 they are out and i think they will be good

Aug 24, 2018 at 4:22 PM Post #12,582 of 31,831
magaosi bk50 (around $40) comes to mind; also urbanfun hifi ($25) or einsear t2 ($15)

I have the Urbanfun's and the T2's, but can't agree that they're warm. I actually find the Urbanfun's quite agressive in the highs.

Aug 24, 2018 at 4:32 PM Post #12,583 of 31,831
I have the Urbanfun's and the T2's, but can't agree that they're warm. I actually find the Urbanfun's quite agressive in the highs.

I wonder if you would like to try a good bud...

Aug 24, 2018 at 4:44 PM Post #12,584 of 31,831
I wonder if you would like to try a good bud...

I did buy recently a pair of EMX500's and I love them to bits. It's a pity one of the drivers is already a bit sick (a common issue with them).

But I need an IEM to use on public transportation...

Aug 24, 2018 at 4:45 PM Post #12,585 of 31,831

All great options. Also KZ ED9 and KZ EDR1.

The Magaosi BK50 is probably the warmest out of them all. It’s also a standout because it’s the only one that is MMCX - the rest are fixed cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back