CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Aug 20, 2018 at 9:51 AM Post #12,511 of 31,831
i lost my noozle mesh of my rose north forest and unfortunately they have become a treble cannon ready to decimate any ears coming its way

is there any good replacement i can get to tame the treble(mainly around 4khz-9khz)?

Aug 20, 2018 at 11:40 AM Post #12,512 of 31,831
i lost my noozle mesh of my rose north forest and unfortunately they have become a treble cannon ready to decimate any ears coming its way

is there any good replacement i can get to tame the treble(mainly around 4khz-9khz)?

I recommend you to use a Micropore tape, it is really good for tuning the treble. It is very popular in iem modding community and its cheap :wink: all you need to do is experiment with how much % of the nozzle to cover (for example two thin stripes which form "X" to tame more of the mid treble or cover the whole nozzle and make a few - 1 to 5 holes with the needle). It outperforms the stock grills esily.

Aug 20, 2018 at 1:16 PM Post #12,514 of 31,831
Is there a Chinese iem that can be used with the shure olive tips. Looking for a relatively cheap iem for Rock and Metal music.

I'm always having issues with seal but the olive tips work great.

Thanks

Aug 20, 2018 at 1:21 PM Post #12,515 of 31,831
Is there a Chinese iem that can be used with the shure olive tips. Looking for a relatively cheap iem for Rock and Metal music.

I'm always having issues with seal but the olive tips work great.

Thanks

NiceHCK DT300 or the more costly DT500

Aug 20, 2018 at 1:43 PM Post #12,516 of 31,831
I recommend you to use a Micropore tape, it is really good for tuning the treble. It is very popular in iem modding community and its cheap :wink: all you need to do is experiment with how much % of the nozzle to cover (for example two thin stripes which form "X" to tame more of the mid treble or cover the whole nozzle and make a few - 1 to 5 holes with the needle). It outperforms the stock grills esily.
apparently i should not do modding as a hobby just killed the bass in left driver while poking hole in the micropore tape
R.I.P Rose North Forest

Aug 20, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #12,517 of 31,831
NiceHCK DT300 or the more costly DT500
Thanks there's not a lot of reviews on these but you still enjoy the dt500? What's your thought on these.

Aug 20, 2018 at 1:52 PM Post #12,518 of 31,831
apparently i should not do modding as a hobby just killed the bass in left driver while poking hole in the micropore tape
R.I.P Rose North Forest

Yikes! Sorry to hear that :frowning2:

How deep did you poke the needle? When doing these sorts of mods you just poke the needle just barely deep enough to pierce the tape and that’s it.

Aug 20, 2018 at 1:56 PM Post #12,519 of 31,831
Yikes! Sorry to hear that :frowning2:

How deep did you poke the needle? When doing these sorts of mods you just poke the needle just barely deep enough to pierce the tape and that’s it.
should i now open up them up and try to repair them?
i think i poked a tini tiny hole on driver membrane

Aug 20, 2018 at 2:16 PM Post #12,520 of 31,831
Thanks there's not a lot of reviews on these but you still enjoy the dt500? What's your thought on these.
The DT500 is so good I gave the DT300 to my wife, They are very comfortable with a great sound, very balanced throughout the frequency range. I highly recommend them.

Aug 20, 2018 at 2:49 PM Post #12,521 of 31,831
The DT500 is so good I gave the DT300 to my wife, They are very comfortable with a great sound, very balanced throughout the frequency range. I highly recommend them.

...and your wife says the same about the DT300:) Also, they are beautiful.

Aug 20, 2018 at 7:32 PM Post #12,524 of 31,831
should i now open up them up and try to repair them?
i think i poked a tini tiny hole on driver membrane

I guess you could try - you have nothing to lose other than your time. If you accidentally made a single pin hole, then you have a chance. If you made a large tear, I wouldn't bother.

Assuming you made a single pinhole, I would try and apply a very very small drop of flexible and lightweight liquid rubber, like Plastidip or liquid electrical tape (which is the same thing as Plastidip). Apply it with the tip of a toothpick - just 1 small micro drop (the smaller the better).

Just be aware that whatever you use to try and fix it will likely 1) have a 70% chance of failure, and 2) if it does work it will likely sound 'off' compared to the other side due to the difference in weight/flexibilty of the diaphragms.

Hopefully you did not damage the voice coil (which if you did you may as well abandon all hope, as resoldering the voice coil on an IEM driver requires beyond Jedi Master-level skills and specialized equipment).

You could also open the shells up and swap the drivers out with some different drivers. Aliexpress has millions of drivers (or you could pull the drivers from another IEM with perhaps a defective cable). But again, you will have to be quite good with soldering very small things.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2018 at 7:35 PM Post #12,525 of 31,831
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back