CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
May 25, 2018 at 3:39 PM Post #11,026 of 31,831
new Magaosi? There's 3 of them on a taobao store (maybe its a super old product, but I found no mention of them anywhere else yet):

C1 single driver - 69 yuan ($11-ish)
Dimension : 9mm driver
Sensitivity :96dB
Impedance: 16 ohm
Frequency response :20Hz-20KHz
Rated Power :5mW
Max Input Power : 10mW
Plug : 3.5mm
I4Sbft5.jpg

C2 dual-DD 89 yuan ($14-ish)
Dimension : 7mm+9mm driver
Impedance: 11 ohm
PF9wFBv.jpg

C3 dual-DD 99 yuan ($15.50-ish)
UFSDxwq.jpg

Last edited:
May 25, 2018 at 4:25 PM Post #11,030 of 31,831
ooops,

I only know personally AM850 from Astrotec, and given my experience with it, I was expecting a lower price :)

Sorry then :)

there's a link to the taobao pre-order page, 2728 yuan ($426) instead of the supposedly 3999 yuan MSRP ($625). Quite a discount, but most stuff there have this kind of price slash, so I wouldn't expect the actual MSRP to be that high.

Astrotec is making a few mid-end stuff like the Lyra Collection earbud ($300), so this seems to be their attempt at the mid-end IEM market ($426 is quite close to the IT04, IMO)

May 25, 2018 at 4:46 PM Post #11,031 of 31,831
new Magaosi? There's 3 of them on a taobao store (maybe its a super old product, but I found no mention of them anywhere else yet):

C1 single driver - 69 yuan ($11-ish)
Dimension : 9mm driver
Impedance: 16 ohm
I4Sbft5.jpg

C2 dual-DD 89 yuan ($14-ish)
PF9wFBv.jpg

C3 dual-DD 99 yuan ($15.50-ish)
UFSDxwq.jpg
Cool. Those look to be new indeed. Anyone taking the bait?

May 25, 2018 at 5:06 PM Post #11,032 of 31,831
Cool. Those look to be new indeed. Anyone taking the bait?

Judging from the design and layout, can safely assume its a cut-down version of the Magaosi Y3 triple hybrid. Impressions have been quite good on the Y3 itself.

for beaters, sure, it looks like good value. Would the jump in SQ warrant another extra $35 (or vice versa, for that matter).

May 25, 2018 at 5:26 PM Post #11,035 of 31,831
...and they flare up my tinnitus (which has disappeared since stopping with iems).

Hmmm, I have been noticing an increase in Tinnitus lately. In the very back of my mind there was a little voice that hinted at the fact it could be headphone related.

So are you saying your tinnitus doesn't worsen with earbuds and full size headphones? What about any difference between open vs closed-back headphones?

I have also been trying to determine the exact frequency/frequencies mine is at, because I have been considering trying Tinnitus Retraining Therapy (TRT).

May 25, 2018 at 5:37 PM Post #11,036 of 31,831
Hmmm, I have been noticing an increase in Tinnitus lately. In the very back of my mind there was a little voice that hinted at the fact it could be headphone related.

So are you saying your tinnitus doesn't worsen with earbuds and full size headphones? What about any difference between open vs closed-back headphones?

I have also been trying to determine the exact frequency/frequencies mine is at, because I have been considering trying Tinnitus Retraining Therapy (TRT).

I only get it in my left ear. I was fighting it the entire time I was an iem addict. And it stopped once I stopped with iems (as did the frequent ear infections). Earbuds, or open or closed headphones, seem to be fine for me.

I am not sure if the tinnitus is related to the low or high frequencies, or to country music :wink: But I also noticed that with iems, my eardrums (or thereabouts) would get physically sore feeling at times, and I think that was related to stronger mid-bass thump (I can experience that also at time with closed headphones that have strong mid-bass).

edit: it seemed to be due to either the seal that would be created with iems, or due to the closer proximity of the sound to my eardrums. Not sure.

Good luck!

Last edited:
May 26, 2018 at 3:18 AM Post #11,037 of 31,831
Then you must try the MEMT T5. It is a gem among ear buds and very solid and sounds like you're actually wearing hi-end IEM's! For me, personally the best ear buds I've heard so far.

Link...
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-MEMT-T5-In-Ear-Earphone-3-5MM-Stereo-In-Ear-Headset-Dynamic-Earbuds-Hifi-Bass/32855938707.html

How well do they stay in place? Do you use the included silicone covers?

I see the T5 uses 6mm drivers, which could be the same driver used in the X5. What do you think?

May 26, 2018 at 7:02 AM Post #11,039 of 31,831
Do not believe the hype in the bgvp ds1. I bought mine and requested version1 in aliexpress. What i received had very bad sound. Very muffled compared to even the stock samsung earphones. After a week, one side has significantly softer sound than the other. Can't believe I wasted money on this junk. ZS3 & the Uiisii hm7 sounded clearer. But even the uiisii i recieved, one side died one day later. https://ae-cn.alicdn.com/dispute/fi...27343831-0-0-92725d4f922bbd7bbecddf211e78d810

UTB8sylbyo_4iuJk43Fqq6z.FpXak.jpg

Attachments

• UTB8sylbyo_4iuJk43Fqq6z.FpXak[1].jpg
    UTB8sylbyo_4iuJk43Fqq6z.FpXak[1].jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 26, 2018 at 7:07 AM Post #11,040 of 31,831
Do not believe the hype in the bgvp ds1. I bought mine and requested version1 in aliexpress. What i received had very bad sound. Very muffled compared to even the stock samsung earphones. After a week, one side has significantly softer sound than the other. Can't believe I wasted money on this junk.

Nowadays I try to stay off the all hype trains.

I now wait about 6 months before moving on most new gear. The prices have way come down by then, sellers still have plenty of stock left, and by then dozens of real opinions from trusted people have all come in.

It’s saved me soooo much time, disappointments, and money it’s not even funny.

Look at the list in my profile. I would own 75% less of that gear and saved a boatload of money if I had used that approach years ago.

A few people tried giving me that advice a long time ago, I just had to learn it on my own I guess.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back