CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
May 16, 2018 at 9:55 AM Post #10,741 of 31,831
All this time i was planning in sell my upcoming zs10. Becasue of the not so good feedback.

But... HOLY crap.

20180516_104615.jpg

I loved from the first second. I will read the reviews carefully now. The only thing i know is that i am already enjoyng these more than the recent received ds1. Everything sounds tight and incredibly layered. It has the right amount of bass. I didn't heared yet any artificial timbre like zst. These are the first impressions and the only thing i know is that i am not selling these. Even if i can easily sell them 3x the price here.

Maybe i am impressed because i skipped zs5 and zs6.

May 16, 2018 at 10:51 AM Post #10,742 of 31,831
I think it's funny how thephonograph has literally reviewed every single KZ earphone out there including the latest KZ ZS10, yet doesn't even bother reviewing some of the other amazing chi-fi out there like the highly lauded Tin Audio T2 or the TRN V20, which—no offense—sounds way better than any of KZ's flagships.

Seems like they have some sort of bias towards Knowledge Zenith.

I mean, nothing is stopping them from buying them, and the T2 is literally all the rave now in the chi-fi community, so they must have a bias.
I have followed the phonograph for 1.5 years. I think they have simply changed with the advent of cheap hybrids such as the KZs. Before, they promoted lots of ~$5 cheapos such as the Fonge W1 Pro, Ingpher Fuqing, and JBMMJ and IEPW earphones.

Design changes of their website drowned the reviewed earphones in ads and affiliate links. Maybe they smelled the money.
They have also not kept up with review style still omitting essentials such as soundstage, layering, separation etc.

And many fancy photos don't make an earphone sound better...they even may distract from the essence as they appeal to emotions and therefore the readiness to buy (one can say the same about car reviews). A good review does not rely on window dressing.

Window dressing is even more evident on youtube reviews. Fancy graphics and fancy music also don't improve an earphone - they are only fluff. I have yet to see a youtube review of the KZ ZS10 where I didn't want to throw my laptop against the wall :).

Cream-Chipped-Beef-Cheese-Ball-Horizontal-5.jpg

Last edited:
May 16, 2018 at 12:33 PM Post #10,745 of 31,831
... and You are able to coat it evenly without mismatch between drivers?

haha... spray meant for cars over driver membrane? lol

May 16, 2018 at 1:45 PM Post #10,746 of 31,831
All this time i was planning in sell my upcoming zs10. Becasue of the not so good feedback.

But... HOLY ****.

I loved from the first second. I will read the reviews carefully now. The only thing i know is that i am already enjoyng these more than the recent received ds1. Everything sounds tight and incredibly layered. It has the right amount of bass. I didn't heared yet any artificial timbre like zst. These are the first impressions and the only thing i know is that i am not selling these. Even if i can easily sell them 3x the price here.

And the great and joyful ZSR, I’ll add. :wink:

May 16, 2018 at 1:49 PM Post #10,747 of 31,831
May 16, 2018 at 2:34 PM Post #10,748 of 31,831
Hello friends

I usually spend a lot of time reading your comments and I usually post a few comments. This time I want your opinion, since I have received these headphones from a famous Aliexpress store in this state:

What do you think?
Is it normal for a prestigious store to send this material in these conditions?
Should I keep them & return them & claim?

1j3v51Q.jpg

S40Csth.jpg

Thanks for your advice

Pd .: later I will give more information, such as the name of the store, etc. since for now I am claiming

What a breakage!

That should be prohibited in that price range.
Did they come well packed?
It must be very unpleasant for fans like us to buy a new product and find it in that state.
I hope you have luck with the claim.

May 16, 2018 at 2:42 PM Post #10,749 of 31,831
What a breakage!

That should be prohibited in that price range.
Did they come well packed?
It must be very unpleasant for fans like us to buy a new product and find it in that state.
I hope you have luck with the claim.
Thanks for your comments @cqtek

The package arrived in perfect condition, in addition the IEM SD7 came inside a strong plastic box. My surprise is to see the content just open it with the images that I have posted. I am still waiting for a solution from the seller.

Regards

May 16, 2018 at 3:13 PM Post #10,750 of 31,831
46F5198D-B97D-4D01-91E3-38897D0B9A74.jpeg
Hmm... I think I found a way to fix some of the problems I previously had with the ZhiYin Z5000. Hopefully this can help others who couldn’t seem to enjoy the Z5000 when they were newly hyped.

So I picked them up after seeing them sit lonely on my desk for what seems like months now. I just had the earpieces sitting on my desk with no cables or ear tips attached to them. Since exams are over and the summer semester doesn’t start for another month or so, I decided to try them one last time before putting them into a drawer for good. I picked up the nearest cable (the cable with the earhooks that came with the Yersen FEN-2000) and some ear tips I had lying around (medium Spinfits). Immediately, I noticed that a deep insertion was not right at all; I got a nice little shock from them... Trying for a deep insertion also seemed to alter the sound, making everything odd and muffled. Instead, I tried a very shallow fit so that the eartips wouldn’t go deep at all into my ears. Surprisingly, this made a complete world of difference. They sounded incredible; I’ve been missing out on so much. The bass was so controlled yet punchy and dynamic (maybe because of the shallow fit), the mids were alive, engaging, and full. The treble was a bit sharp and very slightly splashy, but much better than before. This shallow fit seems to both fix the issues I previously had with the sound as well as eliminating some major driver flex I was experiencing.

I know the Z5000 isn’t exactly new, but I just thought I’d share this for anyone disappointed with their pair. I’m starting to like these a lot now.
You sir, deserve the award of the day! I experimented with the tips on the Z5000 (again!) and now found the double flangers of the SoundMagic E10 to emphasize the mids and highs without having to put the tips only half way in. They really livened up!

May 16, 2018 at 4:51 PM Post #10,751 of 31,831
Thanks for your comments @cqtek

The package arrived in perfect condition, in addition the IEM SD7 came inside a strong plastic box. My surprise is to see the content just open it with the images that I have posted. I am still waiting for a solution from the seller.

Regards

That definitely didn't happen in shipping. It was definitely a manufacturing defect. Without seeing the part for myself, my guess is either too low of a temperature during the injection molding process, a contaminate in the plastic pellets causing odd weld lines, or the mold cooled off too fast and those cracks were a result of shrinkage.

May 16, 2018 at 5:20 PM Post #10,752 of 31,831

But... HOLY ****.

It's refreshing to read about your experience with the ZS10. I'll bet the KZ Thread would like to know your thoughts as well.

BTW, your blue ZS10 looks better than the promotional photos.

May 16, 2018 at 5:33 PM Post #10,753 of 31,831
It's refreshing to read about your experience with the ZS10. I'll bet the KZ Thread would like to know your thoughts as well.

BTW, your blue ZS10 looks better than the promotional photos.

It is a very clear and transparent blue. Very nice indeed. And i'll remember to post there a impression as soon as i get to hear more.

May 16, 2018 at 5:35 PM Post #10,754 of 31,831
3790F836-2B08-4CA2-88F8-2DD5E51071D3.jpeg
I’ve really got to thank you @Santojob. I too wanted to put the ZhiYin Z5000 in the drawer, maybe even sell them.

Well, with these SoundMagic E10 tips, the bass gets real tight, the mids more pronounced and the highs more upfront. The Z5000 lost it’s incredibly dark sound signature which respressed all detail! Sure, they aren’t the most detailed pair I have, but I LOVE the still bassy, full and now totally engaging sound.

Woohoo! :D

Last edited:
May 16, 2018 at 5:55 PM Post #10,755 of 31,831

I’ve really got to thank you @Santojob. I too wanted to put the ZhiYin Z5000 in the drawer, maybe even sell them.

Well, with these SoundMagic E10 tips, the bass gets real tight, the mids more pronounced and the highs more upfront. The Z5000 lost it’s incredibly dark sound signature which respressed all detail! Sure, they aren’t the most detailed pair I have, but I LOVE the still bassy, full and now totally engaging sound.

Woohoo! :D

@Bartig

I have also tried many tips with my Z5000 (3 in my family). The Symbio and Comply I like them as they sound a lot. In general lines in a very dynamic sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back