CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 22, 2018 at 4:05 PM Post #9,601 of 31,809
Last edited:
Apr 22, 2018 at 4:16 PM Post #9,602 of 31,809
i think it doesnt send this version to my country i also try on your link. i think they have stock now but there are no others. if anyone want small get it before all gone.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180422-231407.png
    Screenshot_20180422-231407.png
    90.4 KB · Views: 0
Apr 22, 2018 at 8:50 PM Post #9,603 of 31,809
Magaosi X3 is a ultimate ear reference remastered tuning with 3 consumer flagship BA.

Knowles CI, ED, FK

And is tuned towards smoothness and resolution and is not a cup of tea for all. Neutral balanced

64audio U18t has lower distortion overall on frequency response and has crunch in treble....that airy feel which you can't expect from x3

And see, x3 is TOTL under 300$ and still not on that 1000$ level.

It is just that it is tuned like UERR

Apr 22, 2018 at 8:55 PM Post #9,604 of 31,809
We are getting T2 pro Bass. ....

Ohhh

@Tinaudio

Just make sure to increase SubBass and MidBass by a little and not to change the mids and treble..

And don't put Bass on the name.

It is just that, we want T2 to be less colder and not be bassy.

Just warm.

Don't make it Fischer audio/kennerton audio jimo.

Make it a warmer and enjoyable T2

Apr 22, 2018 at 9:24 PM Post #9,605 of 31,809
Hello bro... It was getting hard for me to type your name so I quoted the whole msg.

I wanted to ask about CB1 and is it worth the money and comparison to m50x

I have the CB1 and M50X you're better off the with the ATH40X which in my opinion sounds better than the other two including my Fostex RP50 Mk3 (unless you are a bass head)
Since I have the Massdrop Sennheiser 6xxx, Beyerdynamic 770Pro 250 ohm, Monoprice Monolith 560, and Sennheiser HD414s for home and Campfir Comets and VE Zen series for travel, I don't really need anything else unless I go upscale.
What I do need is better sources at this point.
I'm waiting for the bnew Hiby r3 and Hidiz AP60 PRO from Massdrop to pair with my Topping, Xduoo, RA and Pico portable amps.
Till then I'm stuck with my Blackberry Playbook, Plenue D, iPod Classic 5.5, Fiio X3s and LG v30 as sources.

Apr 22, 2018 at 9:27 PM Post #9,606 of 31,809
I have the CB1 and M50X you're better off the with the ATH40X which in my opinion sounds better than the other two including my Fostex RP50 Mk3 (unless you are a bass head)
Since I have the Massdrop Sennheiser 6xxx, Beyerdynamic 770Pro 250 ohm, Monoprice Monolith 560, and Sennheiser HD414s for home and Campfir Comets and VE Zen series for travel, I don't really need anything else unless I go upscale.
What I do need is better sources at this point.
I'm waiting for the bnew Hiby r3 and Hidiz AP60 PRO from Massdrop to pair with my Topping, Xduoo, RA and Pico portable amps.
Till then I'm stuck with my Blackberry Playbook, Plenue D, iPod Classic 5.5, Fiio X3s and LG v30 as sources.
nice dillema

Apr 22, 2018 at 10:26 PM Post #9,607 of 31,809
We are getting T2 pro Bass. ....

Ohhh

@Tinaudio

Just make sure to increase SubBass and MidBass by a little and not to change the mids and treble..

And don't put Bass on the name.

It is just that, we want T2 to be less colder and not be bassy.

Just warm.

Don't make it Fischer audio/kennerton audio jimo.

Make it a warmer and enjoyable T2

@Tinaudio for the record, i personally don't want a warmer T2. cold and clinical is it's signature, and i like it. but i do hope for a more mature treble and less hassle on the fitting

Apr 23, 2018 at 12:50 AM Post #9,610 of 31,809
@Tinaudio for the record, i personally don't want a warmer T2. cold and clinical is it's signature, and i like it. but i do hope for a more mature treble and less hassle on the fitting

well we expect the treble to be a little faster and mature than normal but there is some need of warmth to make it neutral as it is cold and bright and not neutral bright.

what i want to say is check audiobudget graph and make that rolloff bass a linear one

Apr 23, 2018 at 12:58 AM Post #9,612 of 31,809
Apologies
just an update on the T2 offer
Slater was the first to respond so they are on their way to him this week
I may be getting rid of a bunch of others I recently purchased once I sort out which ones I want to keep
but I won't be selling them

Question
what would be a good package for the following DAPs/IEMs? (Setting aside some Xmas Packages)

DAPs
Fiio X1 Gen 1
Fiio X3 Gen 3
Ipod Classic 5th Gen
Plenue D

IEMs
Fiio EX1
Fiio EX5
NuForce EDC
KZ ATE
KZ ATR
KZ ZSR
KZ ZS3
KZ ZST
KZ ED9
LKER i8
Carbo Tenore

Apr 23, 2018 at 3:50 AM Post #9,613 of 31,809
Apologies
I may be getting rid of a bunch of others I recently purchased once I sort out which ones I want to keep

Question
what would be a good package for the following DAPs/IEMs? (Setting aside some Xmas Packages)

DAPs
Fiio X1 Gen 1
Fiio X3 Gen 3
Ipod Classic 5th Gen
Plenue D

IEMs
Fiio EX1
Fiio EX5
NuForce EDC
KZ ATE
KZ ATR
KZ ZSR
KZ ZS3
KZ ZST
KZ ED9
LKER i8
Carbo Tenore
Its fiio f5 and not ex5

Apr 23, 2018 at 4:11 AM Post #9,614 of 31,809
Apologies

Question

DAPs
Fiio X1 Gen 1
Fiio X3 Gen 3
Ipod Classic 5th Gen
Plenue D

IEMs
Fiio EX1
Fiio EX5
NuForce EDC
KZ ATE
KZ ATR
KZ ZSR
KZ ZS3
KZ ZST
KZ ED9
LKER i8
Carbo Tenore
I'd probably give the ZST and ZSR to different people since I hear they are similar (with ZSR being the upgraded version), and give the carbo tenore to a person who is more "gentle" with their belongings. And perhaps pair the Fiio F5 with one of the DAPs since it seems to scale with a better source

Apr 23, 2018 at 7:54 AM Post #9,615 of 31,809
@oneula

Go get plenue D.....but if you are serious about audio then get a fiio q1mk2 or oppo ha2-se and get onkyo HF player apk or iOS(well I cracked mine on android)...

Well about iem...here comes review

Fiio ex1 mk2: resolution, open and dynamic sounding with great stage and image but lacks isolation(bare open). Treble can be sibilant sometimes but is amazing and can resolve. It scales very good with sources but this is related to DAC's and not Amps...amps can make it clip on high volume.

Fiio F5: improved the mids and Bass on expense of treble but treble is amazing.. It is more of a smooth experience rather than the resolve nature of ex1. F5 gives better depth on expense of little bit height and width(just a small expense) and is great.

Nuforce EDC: somehow normal tuning, compact soundstage but very good image. It is smooth but it engages the listener to listen the instruments more clearly rather than giving it the ambience. Image is its strong point...but it is not closed stage, just a smaller stage to listen...it passes soundscape with bare passing marks but image is where it excels.

Fiio FH1(added by me) : fiio F5 + warmer + depth but expense of a little more height and width....but it is a rounded stage and sounds awesome. Treble is cleaner and between smooth and resolver. It has some decent punch in it and subbass is rumbly and tight.

Don't add KZ ate, atr, ZS3, ED9 and ZST.

For ZST....you can get ES3 which is way better(last 2017 model)

ZSR: upgraded the mids of ES3 and treble was lowered.. But Bass packs a huge punch and warms the sounds. It focus in super Depth due to Phantom Bass nature and creates a cinematic scape. Balanced armature keeps sound clean.

Lker i8: clean mids, good treble, very good scape, no colouring but the peak is glaring at 2k instead of 3k which makes female vocal harsh and sharp and little depth so only wideness and tallness here.

Carbo tenore : lol....perfect tuning here, just weak by body that's why I don't recommend them.. They are perfect Japan tuning you can get. It has soundstage, perfect olive curve response but with a little bass boost and soundscape is awesome..but rolls off quickly in Bass, passes phantom bass marginally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back