CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 17, 2018 at 11:50 AM Post #9,361 of 31,831
All the tip rolling talk recently got me to dig out my tips collection and after playing around, i found that i am missing my size M whirlwind tips xD

Then remb that @bsoplinger mentioned @Slater did a comparison on the KZs vs Tennmak and looked up on the KZ impressions thread that the seal of approval is given (i'm coming after u if my tips break lol)

So i saw that the Tennmak Piano is abt north of 10$ right now without the MMCX cable, and comes with a few pair of tips. So i am trying my luck to get all tips at size M which would be a steal!
I didn't realize that you could still purchase them?

Apr 17, 2018 at 11:52 AM Post #9,362 of 31,831
The short answer is probably yes.

Because they are designed to be worn either cable up or cable down. So if you wear them the opposite way, down when designed for up and visa versa, you switch the left and right bodies. Put the left earpiece onto the right cable and wear it in your right ear. Since the T2 is designed for over ear or cable up if you want to wear them cable down you'll need to swap.

Ah I see, thanks! Didn’t realise they were designed for over ear wearing.

I definitely prefer wearing cable down, don’t like the feeling of over ear personally. So should I swap them over (Red-Left, Blue-Right)?

Apr 17, 2018 at 12:00 PM Post #9,363 of 31,831
Ah I see, thanks! Didn’t realise they were designed for over ear wearing.

I definitely prefer wearing cable down, don’t like the feeling of over ear personally. So should I swap them over (Red-Left, Blue-Right)?
Correct. For the Tinaudio T2 which are designed to be worn with the cable over the ear you can wear them cable down by switching the bodies. You can do this for most IEMs where the nozzle is perpendicular to the body and the general body shape is a cylinder. There are even other designs that can be swapped to be worn 'the other way.' I do that with my 1more triple driver because I prefer over ear wear.

Apr 17, 2018 at 12:04 PM Post #9,364 of 31,831
Correct. For the Tinaudio T2 which are designed to be worn with the cable over the ear you can wear them cable down by switching the bodies. You can do this for most IEMs where the nozzle is perpendicular to the body and the general body shape is a cylinder. There are even other designs that can be swapped to be worn 'the other way.' I do that with my 1more triple driver because I prefer over ear wear.

Great thanks for the help!

Apr 17, 2018 at 12:25 PM Post #9,365 of 31,831
I didn't realize that you could still purchase them?
I was just looking at the Tennmak whirlwind and browsed through the shop.

Since its only 4 bucks difference, with an additional pair of pretty decent sounding IEM and 3 lesser pairs of tips, i just thought, why not? xD

Apr 17, 2018 at 12:30 PM Post #9,366 of 31,831
Thumbs.up.Karen.gif

Apr 17, 2018 at 12:41 PM Post #9,367 of 31,831
bought a bunch of these AliX earbuds the past month but I keep being drawn back to the DZAT DF-10 and LKER i8 over the T2.
I don't know what it is about th DZAT DF-10s but I really like them and they seem to have pretty good range
Also somehow I prefer the LKER i8 over the TIN Audio T2 their sound seems fuller with more bass along with the vocals

Been listening to Kenny Rankin where its just him and a standup bass. There's a couple other tracks off that HD Tracks "worlds greatest audio recording" I use as well like "what a little more rain" and "isn't it a pity". Also some tracks from Melody Gardot's album "the currency of man" from HD Tracks.

Apr 17, 2018 at 12:45 PM Post #9,368 of 31,831
I ordered both the VERSAUDIO Azalea and the AAW Nebula One from null-audio (mentioned earlier in this thread). Both have arrived and I took a few minutes to listen to the AAW before tossing them on my to-be-burned-in pile. Initial thoughts over on the KZ thread:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-1895#post-14061150

The Nebula One is still available for $38, link below. The Azalea are sold out.

https://www.null-audio.com/products/advanced-acousticwerkes-nebula-one-universal-in-ear-monitor
What's your opinion of the Azalea?

Apr 17, 2018 at 1:21 PM Post #9,369 of 31,831
I was just looking at the Tennmak whirlwind and browsed through the shop.

Since its only 4 bucks difference, with an additional pair of pretty decent sounding IEM and 3 lesser pairs of tips, i just thought, why not? xD
I ended up doing the same during the Ali sale: the difference was of only of 0.35€

Apr 17, 2018 at 1:35 PM Post #9,370 of 31,831
I ended up doing the same during the Ali sale: the difference was of only of 0.35€
Seriously?! Dang, i have missed out on a really good deal xD

Apr 17, 2018 at 3:01 PM Post #9,371 of 31,831
Received my KZ ZS10 and ZhiYin Z5000. Of course, I started comparing them instantly with my current personal favorite - the KZ ZSR. These are my first impressions:

ZhiYin Z5000 - Phat bass and dark sounding. They really opened up with the KZ Starline eartips on them. Now, the bass is still very strong, but the mids and highs opened up. It feels like a bit ‘faster’, more upfront version of the ZSR. I like their warm sound.

KZ ZS10 - Had great hopes for these, but wow, they are like the ZSR with less bass and a little bit less soundstage, although they have more upfront mids and put through more highs. My first impression? Little bit disappointed. Will test further ofcourse.

Attachments

• FAD7EB0D-C496-4FFC-98D2-C77451AA1AD1.jpeg
    FAD7EB0D-C496-4FFC-98D2-C77451AA1AD1.jpeg
    498.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 17, 2018 at 3:24 PM Post #9,372 of 31,831
Yeah, they arrived in a very "minimal" (to use an euphemism) package, but they're working fine (although I still prefer the Pros)

Apr 17, 2018 at 4:32 PM Post #9,373 of 31,831
Looking for an IEM to use on the go so durable up to $50 with good isolation and durable. My preference is acoustic male/female singers, forward mids, not very bassy but especially not very bright. Also as fast as possible in this price range. I have the TinAudio T2 (which is bright but otherwise great), the KZ ZSR also very nice but boomy and mids not forward enough, DZAT DF-10 are great (mids and clarity is inferior to the T2) also not very durable so not fit for purpose. Another great IEM for me is the Senzer H1 which has exactly the amount of bass, clarity and type of mids(forward) but again it is a bit bright. Also prefer silicone tips to foam ones. Am thinking of the URBANFUN and the PMV A-01 MK2 (a bit difficult to buy not a lot of sellers) as recommended by a good friend here. Any other suggestions. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back