CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Dec 2, 2017 at 11:33 AM Post #4,861 of 31,831
You really think the ZSE is a waste of $5.59? I disagree, it sounds great, fits great, is built great, looks great, and is one of the best bang for the buck audio products out there.

Yeah. Tried em and....meh. I like the look and build and they fit well enough, but they sure didn't sound as appealing as KZ's older dual dynamics. Staging was pretty congested too, esp. in comparison to their older dualies. They're not bad, but I'd take a vast number of other KZs that fall into the same pricing category instead; ED3c, HDS1, EDse, EDR2, ATR, ATE, and the list goes on. I was not expecting agreement, hence the underlining of the first few words at the start of the sentence you quoted.

Dec 2, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #4,862 of 31,831
...I'd take a vast number of other KZs that fall into the same pricing category instead; ED3c, HDS1, EDse, EDR2, ATR, ATE, and the list goes on...

All in that list are great.

EDR1 > EDSE though. ZS1 v1 is nice too.

Dec 2, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #4,863 of 31,831
All in that list are great.

EDR1 > EDSE though. ZS1 v1 is nice too.

Haven't tried the EDR1 but I do have the EDR2 and that is one of the best KZ's to date for me. Unfortunately, I can't really recommend them due to all the inconsistencies in impressions. Mine came with all vents fully sealed and are one of the most neutral KZ's to date, and in my collection in general. Others out there seem to have received complete bass cannons.

Dec 2, 2017 at 2:38 PM Post #4,864 of 31,831
Haven't tried the EDR1 but I do have the EDR2 and that is one of the best KZ's to date for me. Unfortunately, I can't really recommend them due to all the inconsistencies in impressions. Mine came with all vents fully sealed and are one of the most neutral KZ's to date, and in my collection in general. Others out there seem to have received complete bass cannons.

Mine sound like yours - all vents fully sealed, fairly neutral for a KZ. I was honestly quite surprised by them. And when you factor in the build quality, a ridiculous value for what can be bought for UNDER $4 now. I would argue one of THE best value-for-performance IEMs offered by KZ. I mean, you can get 7-8 pairs for what 1 ZS6 runs, and the ZS6 while excellent isn't 7-8xs better.

Dec 2, 2017 at 4:30 PM Post #4,865 of 31,831
Guys it's me...shhttt!!!

I bought these KZ ZS5 things....you know... i paid a 13 euro for it... (Aladin or Alibaba 11 november discount)
I have to say my comments

Compared to my BeyerT51i , i have to conclude their treble is a little bit too high!

but for the rest they are fine. PItty their treble is a notch pitched to high...

BUT These are probably the best EARBUDS TO BUY UNDER 30 USD!

I m comparing them to my Beyer T51i priced around 300 USD
Off to more music listening...guys and a couple of good belgian beers

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2017 at 4:48 PM Post #4,866 of 31,831
Speaking of the EDR2, the pair I ordered from GB in october finally popped up some days ago.
I've listened to them briefly (since they are for my gf), so I can't give out detailed impressions: all I can say is that I didn't expect such SQ for that price!
A big thank to @Slater who recommended them to me.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2017 at 4:48 PM Post #4,867 of 31,831
Guys it's me...shhttt!!!

I bought these KZ ZS5 things....you know... i paid a 13 euro for it...
I have to say my comments

Compared to my BeyerT51i , i have to conclude their treble is a bit too high!

but for the rest they are fine. PItty their treble is a notch pitched to high...

BUT These are probably the best EARBUDS TO BUY UNDER 30 USD!

Off to more music listening...guys and a couple of good belgian beers

Have you tried using foam tips on the zs5?
I couldnt stand the treble on my zs6 when it first came, but following the advice on the kz thread to use foam tips, it has tamed the treble greatly and i find them much more enjoyable to listen to now.

Dec 2, 2017 at 4:52 PM Post #4,868 of 31,831
Have you tried using foam tips on the zs5?
I couldnt stand the treble on my zs6 when it first came, but following the advice on the kz thread to use foam tips, it has tamed the treble greatly and i find them much more enjoyable to listen to now.
okay foam tips, are these foam tips included in my box of ZS5? There are several tips included but i just kept using the one's they had put on...

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2017 at 5:17 PM Post #4,869 of 31,831
okay foam tips, are these foam tips included in my box of ZS5? There are several tips included but i just kept using the one's they had put on...

Unfortunately, most sellers do not include any other tips with the KZ ZS5/6 except the starline silicone tips.

You can purchase T400 knockoff foam tips from aliexpress from many sellers.
Here is one: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fre...-a54b-4fdf-ab55-c7db5c6ecf93&rmStoreLevelAB=1

Please note you have to specify the color and size that you want, or the seller may ship out randomly.
There may be cheaper sellers, and bulk purchases are usually cheaper.
The ZS5 uses T400(5mm) size.

Dec 2, 2017 at 5:34 PM Post #4,870 of 31,831
Unfortunately, most sellers do not include any other tips with the KZ ZS5/6 except the starline silicone tips.

You can purchase T400 knockoff foam tips from aliexpress from many sellers.
Here is one: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fre...-a54b-4fdf-ab55-c7db5c6ecf93&rmStoreLevelAB=1

Please note you have to specify the color and size that you want, or the seller may ship out randomly.
There may be cheaper sellers, and bulk purchases are usually cheaper.
The ZS5 uses T400(5mm) size.

1. Thanks Happy Hacking (i hope you know what your name implies...i used to be following Kevin Mitnick back in the days...and 2600 and phrack magazine)
  2. So, that link you posted, is already the T400(5mm) size and i can just buy, without specifying size for my KZ ZS5

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #4,871 of 31,831

No, they are not included. You have to buy different tips on your own. Foam tips, double flange tips, etc. Fortunately, they are very inexpensive and you can try multiple types of tips which change the both the comfort and the sound of the ZS6.

There's more information here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-1669#post-13848607

Thanks Happy Hacking (i hope you know what your name implies...i used to be following Kevin Mitnick back in the days...and 2600 and phrack magazine.

Wow, that brings back memories - 2600 and phrack magazine, call boxes, phracking, etc

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2017 at 5:57 PM Post #4,872 of 31,831
No, they are not included. You have to buy different tips on your own. Foam tips, double flange tips, etc. Fortunately, they are very inexpensive and you can try multiple types of tips which change the both the comfort and the sound of the ZS6.

There's more information here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-1669#post-13848607

Wow, that brings back memories - 2600 and phrack magazine, call boxes, phracking, etc
Slater, i hate when people post 'you can find more info here'...and post a link to a 1000 page forum or discussion group...
Common, you can do better then that!!!!! Just post the correct link for these foam tips of the ZS5's, i guess more people would be grateful as well...

Dec 2, 2017 at 6:12 PM Post #4,873 of 31,831
  1. Thanks Happy Hacking (i hope you know what your name implies...i used to be following Kevin Mitnick back in the days...and 2600 and phrack magazine)
  2. So, that link you posted, is already the T400(5mm) size and i can just buy, without specifying size for my KZ ZS5

Haha nope i did not know about the relation of my name with kevin mitnick! He was arrested the year i was born!! Cant blame an ignorant youngin' can ya? :p
My name is actually based off a famous (and expensive) keyboard series.

In the link provided, seller has 3mm and 5mm, but states that he will send 5mm size if you do not state the size you need. So you should be OK without specifying size. But you will receive random color.

Slater, i hate when people post 'you can find more info here'...and post a link to a 1000 page forum or discussion group...
Common, you can do better then that!!!!! Just post the correct link for these foam tips of the ZS5's, i guess more people would be grateful as well...

The general consensus in this forum, as with most enthusiast forums, is to provide as much relevant information as possible, and encourage self-research and reading. I do understand from your perspective though. Not everyone has the time for that and just want to be directed to what is most well-received, instead of having options. Cut Slater some slack though! He works his ass off providing relevant information and point many of us here to the right direction and information we thirst!

Also, I believe Slater did not just feed you to read a thousand page discussion thread! The link specifically directs to a single post on his opinions of several tips he has tried after tip-rolling(the act of trying many different tips on an earphone)! It covers topics such as which Eartips are best for people who are treble-sensitive to the ZS5/6, as well as how they affect the sound and comfort. It is a fantastic read if you have the time to go through it!

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2017 at 6:18 PM Post #4,874 of 31,831
i don't disagree with my man scrambler on the zse, tho i do note that they improve very substantially with amping .per him, the edr2 is ridiculously good for $5 and i would also agree that it outguns the much pricier re400

Dec 2, 2017 at 6:50 PM Post #4,875 of 31,831
Haha nope i did not know about the relation of my name with kevin mitnick! He was arrested the year i was born!! Cant blame an ignorant youngin' can ya? :p
My name is actually based off a famous (and expensive) keyboard series.

In the link provided, seller has 3mm and 5mm, but states that he will send 5mm size if you do not state the size you need. So you should be OK without specifying size. But you will receive random color.

The general consensus in this forum, as with most enthusiast forums, is to provide as much relevant information as possible, and encourage self-research and reading. I do understand from your perspective though. Not everyone has the time for that and just want to be directed to what is most well-received, instead of having options. Cut Slater some slack though! He works his ass off providing relevant information and point many of us here to the right direction and information we thirst!

Also, I believe Slater did not just feed you to read a thousand page discussion thread! The link specifically directs to a single post on his opinions of several tips he has tried after tip-rolling(the act of trying many different tips on an earphone)! It covers topics such as which Eartips are best for people who are treble-sensitive to the ZS5/6, as well as how they affect the sound and comfort. It is a fantastic read if you have the time to go through it!
Thanks Happy Hacking,
you are to the point and i can order this 5mm size.

i need precise answers. without wasting time, we all need that!
thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back