CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 22, 2017 at 6:31 PM Post #4,712 of 31,831
Yes, I remember you said they sounded similar and I kinda liked how these looked but I never expected them to be so comfortable. Little bumps on the sides help them to sit tight and I hardly feel them in my ears.

I'm unsure about build material. Tthey feel a bit plasticky and maybe too light to be ceramic, but I honestly can't tell.

These sound very, very good. I probably wouldn't have gotten them if you haven't posted about them back then. How do they compare to ZS6? Still having second thoughts and I know you have them also.

Tap them gently against your teeth. Ceramic feel just like your teeth, or like a ceramic/porcelain tea cup. Plastic feels like, well, plastic. Hard to explain - it will make sense when you do it.

Nov 23, 2017 at 5:06 AM Post #4,713 of 31,831
Yeah, that's sort of how I concluded they're made of plastic. Not really using my teeth, but tapping them with my fingernail. I have a pair of broken Zircons (which are supposed to be ceramic, I guess) and it's not the same material.

Doesn't matter really, plastic parts look the least fragile to me.

Nov 23, 2017 at 6:34 AM Post #4,714 of 31,831
My order came in and Ive been on them (Well the T2) past couple days.
I was disappointed with the BLON/Bosshifi B3. The sound was congested and cheap.

The TIN Audio T2 on the other hand are amazing! Portrayed my reference Baroque tracks with finesse. Some will find them a tad too bright. Never is it harsh though, even when going tempo impetuoso on the harpsichord.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2017 at 9:44 AM Post #4,716 of 31,831
KZ ATE/ATR R&D:

- I think this will give everyone a sense of what earrings feel like.
- What? I thought we were going with a chin slider...
- Nah believe me, this is what consumers want.

Nov 23, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #4,717 of 31,831
KZ ATE/ATR R&D:

- I think this will give everyone a sense of what earrings feel like.
- What? I thought we were going with a chin slider...
- Nah believe me, this is what consumers want.

I think it went more like this;

- What was popular with Audio Technica a couple years ago?
- The ATH im50
- Great, let's do that

Nov 23, 2017 at 1:21 PM Post #4,718 of 31,831
My order came in and Ive been on them (Well the T2) past couple days.
I was disappointed with the BLON/Bosshifi B3. The sound was congested and cheap.

The TIN Audio T2 on the other hand are amazing! Portrayed my reference Baroque tracks with finesse. Some will find them a tad too bright. Never is it harsh though, even when going tempo impetuoso on the harpsichord.
Agree on the TIN Audio T2! It's amazing for classical music, very balanced, neutral, natural and becomes my daily used IEM.

Nov 23, 2017 at 3:07 PM Post #4,719 of 31,831
Any black friday or cyber monday deals on that TIN AUDIO T2 or on better earbuds?

What earbuds will surpass my BEyerdynamic T51i??? for less then 150 USD???

I heard good things about the VE Monk PLus blue edition... is this the one likely to surpass the Beyers? Need a portable alternative!

the KZ ZS3 are going to the garbage can...(probably trying to sell them); the treble is awfull on them! (how on earth did people recommend these????)

the Einsear T2 are 2x better then the KZ ZS3 and a keeper, for 8 USD they are nice!

But i need a thing that can compete with the T51i under 100-150 USD

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2017 at 7:37 PM Post #4,721 of 31,831
Any black friday or cyber monday deals on that TIN AUDIO T2 or on better earbuds?

What earbuds will surpass my BEyerdynamic T51i??? for less then 150 USD???

I heard good things about the VE Monk PLus blue edition... is this the one likely to surpass the Beyers? Need a portable alternative!

the KZ ZS3 are going to the garbage can...(probably trying to sell them); the treble is awfull on them! (how on earth did people recommend these????)

the Einsear T2 are 2x better then the KZ ZS3 and a keeper, for 8 USD they are nice!

But i need a thing that can compete with the T51i under 100-150 USD

Ve Monk is a excellent earbud for 5$, and that's It, don't expect them to beat your bayerdynamic, If you like earbuds they are Very good, but that"s It, and can't be actually compared to iem's, it's a diferentes story. I was taken by the hype once and was dissapointed about them, but then i realized the real approach of earbuds and i now enjoy them.

Nov 23, 2017 at 8:06 PM Post #4,723 of 31,831
I want to hear this from someone who's actually used the Fiio Ex1. The Ex1s, even the second editions, go for $60, which is right around the price point of the TIN Audio T2. The Ex1 is a already fantastic earphones, providing some of the best SQ I have heard, and the reviews on Head-Fi and elsewhere seem to agree with me about their price/performance value.

I'm currently looking for anything under $100 that can perform noticably better than the Ex1, or somewhat better for the same price. I doubt the TIN Audio T2 i is that...

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2017 at 8:17 PM Post #4,724 of 31,831
I want to hear this from someone who's actually used the Fiio Ex1. The Ex1s, even the second editions, go for $60, which is right around the price point of the T51i. The Ex1 is a already fantastic earphones, providing some of the best SQ I have heard, and the reviews on Head-Fi and elsewhere seem to agree with me about their price/performance value.

I'm currently looking for anything under $100 that can perform noticably better than the Ex1, or somewhat better for the same price. I doubt the T51i is that...
my T51i were around 280 USD , a bit more then the 60 USD you mentioned. End of discussion?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back