CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 31, 2017 at 2:55 PM Post #4,156 of 31,831
$100 budget, what should I get with a neutral sound ???

VSONIC GR07 is smack dab in that budget and neutral sound. I don't own it, but I have heard it (I generally don't like neutral so I ended up sending it back). But it's talked about/recommended on HF all of the time.

If I was in the market for a $100 neutral IEM, it would definitely be at the top of my list. I doubt you'll find much better without spending more.

Oct 31, 2017 at 3:08 PM Post #4,157 of 31,831
$100 budget, what should I get with a neutral sound ???
Yeah vsonic gr07 with some coupons should come down to $60 something or less on aliexpress 11.11 sale and maybe 80 something for the detachable version. Also, the new brainwavz b2 phoenix should be coming out soon at less than 100.

Oct 31, 2017 at 3:42 PM Post #4,158 of 31,831
I got the UiiSii CM5 and T8s (still in box). CM5 comes with a 10mm graphene dual diaphragm driver.

OOTB, I was kinda blown away by the lush bass with clear vocals. Sounds like getting front row seats. Soundstage wasn't compromised. Some subtle details in songs were also more prominent.
I recently bought ZS5, ZS6, I-Into i8, Uiisii CM5 and T8s for 180 dollars instead of getting some branded because why have 1 when you can have 5?
:grin::grinning::laughing:

Please give a review of Uiisii T8s compare to zs5 and zs6..as detail as possible...This is the only one in ur list with Hi-Res certified..
Thanks in advance

Oct 31, 2017 at 3:47 PM Post #4,159 of 31,831
Yeah vsonic gr07 with some coupons should come down to $60 something or less on aliexpress 11.11 sale and maybe 80 something for the detachable version. Also, the new brainwavz b2 phoenix should be coming out soon at less than 100.
the vivo xe800 has the same drivers as the gr07 and can be had for $15 or so. it's vg, but my pick for neutral would be the bosshifi b3.

Oct 31, 2017 at 3:52 PM Post #4,160 of 31,831
the vivo xe800 has the same drivers as the gr07 and can be had for $15 or so. it's vg, but my pick for neutral would be the bosshifi b3.

Problem with the vivo xe800 is there's a lot of knockoffs. So there's little guarantee you're getting a genuine one (especially for $15 vs $100 for the GR07).

The Bosshifi B3 has always been on my list to try. Did you or Vidal ever get the B3S to compare to the original B3? I'd like to get 1 of them during the 11.11 sale.

Oct 31, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #4,161 of 31,831
Well, that opens a whole different can of worms with Vsonic Ceo saying that all these are fake as Vsonic factory is the only one making the real ones and according to him all those cheap offers aren't it. And I know that when I say these people always jump and say "oh, but mine is the 15 bucks one is the real one coz it sounds awesome", but can't comment on that and don't want to.
And if they are by any chance, the different housings would change the sound as proven by vsd1le and an16, which were also quoted to have gr07 drivers inside.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2017 at 4:06 PM Post #4,162 of 31,831
Problem with the vivo xe800 is there's a lot of knockoffs. So there's little guarantee you're getting a genuine one (especially for $15 vs $100 for the GR07).

The Bosshifi B3 has always been on my list to try. Did you or Vidal ever get the B3S to compare to the original B3? I'd like to get 1 of them during the 11.11 sale.
i got my xe800 at beteran and they were real; rillpac is also supposedly ok. ya never know, however....
i've got the b3s on my 11.11 list along with the svara red (and around 20 others)--. i'm probably gonna pass on the tin t2 and dm5. i'll let you know when i get the b3s if you want to wait until review.

Oct 31, 2017 at 4:10 PM Post #4,163 of 31,831
Well, that opens a whole different can of worms with Vsonic Ceo saying that all these are fake as Vsonic factory is the only one making the real ones and according to him all those cheap offers aren't it. And I know that when I say these people always jump and say "oh, but mine is the 15 bucks one is the real one coz it sounds awesome", but can't comment on that and don't want to.
And if they are by any chance, the different housings would change the sound as proven by vsd1le and an16, which were also quoted to have gr07 drivers inside.
there's a ton of discussion on the vivo thread, including direct comparisons and measurements of the vivo and the gr07--what i gleaned is that there are subtle sonic differences because of the housings but the drivers are the same. now, i don't have the gr07, but i do rate the vivo highly for that type of balanced, very detailed sound.

Oct 31, 2017 at 4:12 PM Post #4,164 of 31,831

Yeah, if you do a search the topic was discussed in great length. It has been a while since I read all of the posts, but from what I recall the consensus was that the vivo sounded similar but not the exactly the same as the GR07.

Like you said, the vsonic CEO says they are not the same drivers, but that could be a lie (ie damage control). Regardless, they don't sound exactly the same.

And you're right - the housings are different, which likely accounts for the sound difference. I also remember people complaining about the uncomfortable/ill fit of the vivo (specifically the rotatable nozzle, which is supposed to be their big strength).

The bigger issue with the vivo, was that at some point the vivo fakes started rolling in - so much so that even dealers that WERE selling genuine vivos were selling the fakes without even knowing it. And i'm talking trustworthy sellers like Penon. A similar thing is happening right now with the Xiaomi Pro HD - trustworthy sellers like Gearbest, using official purchase channels, were being shipped fakes without even knowing it. So it does happen. That's supposedly why many sellers stopped carrying the vivo. You can find them all over Aliexpress for $15 or less, which to me is a big red flag that they are of questionable authenticity.

So a knockoff of a genuine using (supposedly) the same drivers, then fakes being made of the knockoff. Only in China LOL.

That's why in my mind, why risk buying a fake of a knockoff, when the knockoff doesn't even sound the same? The OPs budget is $100. Just get the real deal, or at least wait for 11.11 and get the real deal for a significant discount.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2017 at 4:14 PM Post #4,165 of 31,831
i got my xe800 at beteran and they were real; rillpac is also supposedly ok. ya never know, however....
i've got the b3s on my 11.11 list along with the svara red (and around 20 others)--. i'm probably gonna pass on the tin t2 and dm5. i'll let you know when i get the b3s if you want to wait until review.
Well, as I said I don;t want to get into this debate. According to Vsonic's CEo all those cheap offerings are fake. If it came in a plastic bag and cost less than 20 bucks he said it's fake. Unless you get your measured next to a gr07 and it measures the same it's a moot point. And as I said vsd1le, an16 and gr04 flagship all sport vsonic bio-cellulose drivers and don't sound like gr07. Might be the size of the housings though while an16 and vsd1le are smaller my gr04 flagship is bigger amd it's closer to gr07 out of the 3 but not quite. An with the "new gr07" found at circa 80-90 nowadays and even less on days like 11.11 I would rather grab one

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2017 at 4:19 PM Post #4,166 of 31,831
I wasn't a fan of the GR07 or the XE800 particularly, pretty sure that the Vivo I had were genuine despite the fact they were super cheap as I compared them directly to the GR07s.

Re: B3S, I decided to get the DM5 and Tin Audio T2 instead - looking at RT1 as next purchase unless something interesting pops up.

Oct 31, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #4,167 of 31,831
there's a ton of discussion on the vivo thread, including direct comparisons and measurements of the vivo and the gr07--what i gleaned is that there are subtle sonic differences because of the housings but the drivers are the same. now, i don't have the gr07, but i do rate the vivo highly for that type of balanced, very detailed sound.
Well, rating something high is a different thing. Like IMO the vsonic vsd3s is quite close even to gr07 anniversary edition at a farcation of the price, but being very close and being extremely similar does not make it the same, The small differences build up and make a product superior. Like my Noble 6 is quite similar to the Noble 4 - now that's not the best example coz in this case the price difference is way too big and titlts the scales in N4's direction but still.

Oct 31, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #4,168 of 31,831
I wasn't a fan of the GR07 or the XE800 particularly, pretty sure that the Vivo I had were genuine despite the fact they were super cheap as I compared them directly to the GR07s.

Re: B3S, I decided to get the DM5 and Tin Audio T2 instead - looking at RT1 as next purchase unless something interesting pops up.

Hi Vidal, if I recall it was your review of the Moni One that got me interesting it purchasing a pair. How would you compare it to the Mee Audio P2?
I also have the XE800 and like its clarity but would want more bass and less fatiguing sound, like the Swing IE800. I'm also interested in the DM5 and the Hibiki.

Oct 31, 2017 at 10:37 PM Post #4,170 of 31,831
Hi Vidal, if I recall it was your review of the Moni One that got me interesting it purchasing a pair. How would you compare it to the Mee Audio P2?
I also have the XE800 and like its clarity but would want more bass and less fatiguing sound, like the Swing IE800. I'm also interested in the DM5 and the Hibiki.

I do agree on the XE800. I generally like it very much for "critical listening" of classical pieces but yes its a little fatiguing on the ears. I can't keep it on comfortably for anything more than an hour at a time.

I also have a copy of the Swing / Tingo IE800. That one is worse on my ears though, I can barely stay comfortable for 40 minutes . I have to resort to using auxiliary/ "external device" mode on my G6 Quad to get a comfortable listen as it seems that it sounds less 'peaky' and fatiguing on my ears if more power is pumped through it. I love its detail separation despite its shortcomings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back