CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
May 28, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #2,656 of 31,809
Personally i did not like the QKZ I try, and the MEMT X5 got extremely good review from Audiobudget,wich is surely a good bet (I trust this guy).
Perhaps I will try them someday, as they look very small....but I already have the super Musicmaker TW1 for sleep and really love them.

https://www.audiobudget.com/product/MEMT/X5
Thank you so much friend ... and do you know EINSEAR T2?

May 28, 2017 at 12:32 PM Post #2,658 of 31,809
Got a couple of pairs of Winintone RG-EB601 from Amazon this morning, good stuff!

May 29, 2017 at 2:02 AM Post #2,663 of 31,809
Vidal, so if I am interested in something even smaller than ZST, overear, with less treble, it would be BD005? Are there other suggestions? Thanks

The BD005 are a good choice but there's also the Toneking TS1 (just testing at the moment) and maybe the Tennmak Pro. I don't like the the Pro as it has too much mid bass for me.

Not 100% sure about the TS1's treble as it depends on which bit of treble you want less of.

May 29, 2017 at 3:39 AM Post #2,664 of 31,809
Hi Vidal, Thanks for your reply. ZST actually has a very good fit for me, except for the peak at 9k-10k. I don't like mid-bass either, so Tennmak is out for me. Now that I look closer, it seems like **** UES would have similar fit, would you say it has less treble than ZST? Are there any build problem with UES or **** and its mmcx connection? Thanks.

May 29, 2017 at 3:59 AM Post #2,665 of 31,809
Hi Vidal, Thanks for your reply. ZST actually has a very good fit for me, except for the peak at 9k-10k. I don't like mid-bass either, so Tennmak is out for me. Now that I look closer, it seems like **** UES would have similar fit, would you say it has less treble than ZST? Are there any build problem with UES or **** and its mmcx connection? Thanks.

There was someone posting a mod of the zst, where he put some foam in the BA to dampen the treble i think. Not sure who posted the mod where, and i haven't tried it myself yet, but might be worth trying?

May 29, 2017 at 4:01 AM Post #2,666 of 31,809
I've seen problems with the **** MMCX on 4in1s but never sold enough UES to say whether they have the same issue, my own pair have been fine though. With the 4in1 it's the glue that's suspect (very, very occasionally)

The UES has less treble but has a larger size than ZST. I find the UES can move when I flex my jaw as they're that little bit larger. The BD005 are probably a better option

May 29, 2017 at 4:15 AM Post #2,667 of 31,809
Vidal, so if I am interested in something even smaller than ZST, overear, with less treble, it would be BD005? Are there other suggestions? Thanks

The DZAT DF-10 has a pretty small, wooden housing - but it has a tethered cable (w/Mic).

May 29, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #2,668 of 31,809
@hoerlurar, I don't think I am handy enough to try the mod though :frowning2:
@DBaldock9, thank you for the suggestion, I generally don't have much luck with straight-in, I have tried Einsear t2 and Urbanfun, both are not too comfortable for me.
@Vidal, My fit problem is usually the earphone pressing against my tragus and antitragus. I have the ATR which is smaller than ZST, but it has a cube shape which is causing me discomfort after a while. It seems that the UES has a triangular shape similar to the ZST, while the BD005 looks bulkier in that area (though smaller size overall), so I thought UES might be a better fit?

May 29, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #2,669 of 31,809
@Vidal, My fit problem is usually the earphone pressing against my tragus and antitragus. I have the ATR which is smaller than ZST, but it has a cube shape which is causing me discomfort after a while. It seems that the UES has a triangular shape similar to the ZST, while the BD005 looks bulkier in that area (though smaller size overall), so I thought UES might be a better fit?[/QUOTE]

The UES is more angular into the bottom corner but it's also longer, not easy to judge if it'll be better as the angle on the nozzle is shallower as well. I've been looking for my BD005s but can't find them to compare

May 30, 2017 at 6:03 AM Post #2,670 of 31,809
@Vidal any chance of your reviewing the **** 6in1?
The ones by nicehck cost much less: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...lgo_pvid=ef997a32-433a-4615-8eba-3863dcbf6e73

Users who are viewing this thread

Back