CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
May 17, 2017 at 3:25 AM Post #2,611 of 31,831
Guys, need a recomendation.

Looking for some good quality earbuds that have an impendance over 50.

Any recommendations?

Do you mean earbuds or IEMs?

I will assume IEMs as there's lots of earbuds, like the VE Monks, with impedance higher than 50. I'm not aware of any earphone that have a slightly higher impedance in fact all the good ones seem to be 32 Ohms or lower: -

Ty HiZ G3 - 32
BossHiFi - 32
UrbanFun - 20
Seahf Awk009 - 16
Magoasi BK50 - 32

Perhaps a inline attenuator would work, it would free up your options but I'm not sure if or how that would work.....

Last edited:
May 17, 2017 at 5:02 AM Post #2,613 of 31,831
Is there any change of your reviewing the bosshifi b3s? :)
I wonder if they are really better than the b3.

I assume you mean chance rather than change?

No plans to test the B3S - if I spend money on those it means not testing something else and as it's only an incremental change between the models. Put into context I can test 3 - 5 other earphones for similar money and I've only got a finite amount of funds as it's coming out of my own pocket (mainly, some sales).

May 17, 2017 at 5:47 AM Post #2,614 of 31,831
Couldn't agree more. My pair broke recently and I"m deciding on what to replace them with and I'm really thinking about just ordering them again.

I don`t like their signature, imaging and soundstage. Willing to sell them in EU but haven`t had time to make a selling thread.

May 17, 2017 at 5:55 AM Post #2,615 of 31,831
Well the £2.75 BA earphones turned up. Not surprisingly for a single BA they lack low end but they're very detailed and very good with vocals (maybe a little more warmth required).

I stripped off the mesh to peer into the nozzle, no obvious sign of a BA but could be mounted behind a internal divider but that could also be a dynamic micro driver. This is the earphones: -

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...hone-Earphone-Free-Shipping/32800300429.html?

I would just get those IEMs for those tips they come with - I have them from another IEM and they are great tips for certain IEMs due to large bore and long pipe.

May 17, 2017 at 7:52 AM Post #2,616 of 31,831
Does anyone have a reccomendation for a cheap IEM with balanced cable (terminated in 2.5mm trrs). I would like to try balanced now that I have an AK70, but all I could find that's nice and cheap is the TY Hi-Z HP-32 balanced version. And for practical reasons, I prefer an IEM over a bud. Looking for something $30(-ish).

A balanced 2.5mm trrs to MMCX cable for my Tennmak Pro would be an option too, but the Tennmak might be a bit too easy to drive for an experiment like this (when using it on my Hidizs AP60, I usually have the gain set to low and the volume between 2 and 10 depending on the album).

May 17, 2017 at 8:31 AM Post #2,617 of 31,831
Btw, I look forward to your review of the ZS5. They have a frequency response that's similar to the regular bosshifi b3. I wonder how different they sound.

May 19, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #2,618 of 31,831

I look forward to your review, as those Senfers are on my list of possible purchases.

As soon as I receive it I will begin to share impressions and pictures here, got quite high expactation about these new ****!!

May 20, 2017 at 5:19 AM Post #2,619 of 31,831
Oh what NOW!?

KZ ZS5 2DD 2BA Hybrid earphones are already out and are sell at an ultimately cheap price for a FOUR drivers iem!!!
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...32809493621.html?spm=2114.12010608.0.0.PbNcdB

Kind of too excited about this! Did not see this coming! 4 drivers....and detachable cable...quite promising and beautifull look too....I think I MUSt try these.

Yeah...I must.:L3000:

Oh, and Headfier can have 10$ rebate if they write to the seller they are from headfi!! He offer me this when I ask to him how it sound (perfect, balanced, detailed sound and punchy bass he say)...Yep, even more absurd price.
Waiting for your review ... thank you so much for gorgeous head fi

May 20, 2017 at 5:23 AM Post #2,620 of 31,831
So I choose to finally buy the **** XBA 6in1 and question DD-Audio about their type of soundsignature, suppose to have extra wide and clear soundstage, micro details-sparkling highs, deep bass and sub bass and fowards, perhaps bright mids. I will compare them to my PMV A01 MK2. Hope they are not too bright, PMV still
Take a look:
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...32795496027.html?spm=2114.12010608.0.0.HSRNL4

Anybody heard this ****???
I don't think **** have ever made a mistake, all there IEM can please to somebody for good reason.

And, YES, press enter for the KZ ZS5 too, will review them too if they arrive fast enough, pretty sure people will talk about them alot in the futur....cause there on ALI now!!

Enough money spending for today. Quite excited here, but I have a month to wait so....
Waiting for review about this ... thanks

May 20, 2017 at 6:18 AM Post #2,621 of 31,831
So I choose to finally buy the **** XBA 6in1 and question DD-Audio about their type of soundsignature, suppose to have extra wide and clear soundstage, micro details-sparkling highs, deep bass and sub bass and fowards, perhaps bright mids. I will compare them to my PMV A01 MK2. Hope they are not too bright, PMV still
Take a look:
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...32795496027.html?spm=2114.12010608.0.0.HSRNL4

Anybody heard this ****???
I don't think **** have ever made a mistake, all there IEM can please to somebody for good reason.

And, YES, press enter for the KZ ZS5 too, will review them too if they arrive fast enough, pretty sure people will talk about them alot in the futur....cause there on ALI now!!

Enough money spending for today. Quite excited here, but I have a month to wait so....
My friends please recommend me for bass lover and sound also big&warm ... I'm crazy in hiphop ... I want your opinion my head fier ...

May 20, 2017 at 7:18 AM Post #2,622 of 31,831
ZS5 with gold cable on my Galaxy S8 phone...

Rumble is strong.

It sounds 3D. Its gave me the feel like there's a sub-woofer in front of me.

Last edited:
May 20, 2017 at 11:17 AM Post #2,623 of 31,831
Last edited:
May 21, 2017 at 11:28 AM Post #2,625 of 31,831
My friends please recommend me for bass lover and sound also big&warm ... I'm crazy in hiphop ... I want your opinion my head fier ...
Hi there, well, for bass lover Tennmak Piano and Dulcimer are quite good and warmish, listening to new Jlin album it rumble well!

For even better resolution and bassy earphone there are these wich we can find different version, I prefer construction of them over the Dodocool Hybrid wich have the same excellent drivers but are poorly glued and have cheaper cable, this one are extremely good sounding for the price, like Urbanfun for basshead:
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...32805670608.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.hN9COM

Rockzircon are great too but vocals are less good than with the FAAEL Wooden Hybrid....wich still are kind of best kept secret.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back