CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Aug 10, 2020 at 2:48 AM Post #25,381 of 31,831
TinHifi T2 Plus: More Impressions

I've now listened to these over the course of several days and I'm extremely happy that they've become part of my small collection of gear. As someone who lives fairly comfortably but does not have the level of disposable income required to purchase every new thing that comes onto the market, my personal philosophy is that every new acquisition should provide a novel experience rather than being a series of endless sidegrades. Typically, achieving such gains requires stepping up to the products in the next price bracket from what one is accustomed to. So when B9Scrambler cited the T2 Plus as essentially rendering its T4 sibling irrelevant for half its asking price, I was very intrigued. I'd already been eyeing the likes of the Kbear Diamond, Moondrop Starfield and indeed the TinHifi T4 as contenders for my next pickup. If this were true, then the T2 Plus would represent a fantastic value indeed - seeing a reasonable discount on the NiceHCK store, I pulled the trigger.

The T2 Plus represents my first encounter with TinHiFi's tuning and sound. As someone who is far more accustomed to a V-shaped sound, I was curious as to how I'd take to these. I was pleasantly surprised at how balanced and coherent these IEMs are. While my TFZ T2 comes out on top in terms of bass slam and sub-bass quantity and remains quite a fun listen all around, the T2 Plus nets clear wins in vocals and treble extension. Subjectively, the T2 Plus offers a pleasing decay to each note, allowing them to linger in the air for just a tad longer than one might expect, thus offering a quality of musicality characteristic of much more expensive IEMs. For example, each strum of the acoustic guitar in Radiohead's Karma Police has weight and impact to it; one believes one is listening to a musical instrument being played rather than an artificial, digital substitute of it. In a similar vein, the drums in Of Monsters and Men's Crystals are rendered in a lifelike, atmospheric manner, giving the impression that air is being moved with each beat.

Where the T2 Plus truly shines for me, however, is in its soundstage and separation. To a greater degree than any IEM I've experienced so far, the T2 Plus succeeds in creating a sense of three-dimensional space just outside of one's head where each instrument and vocalist has room to breathe. In contrast, the TFZ T2 sounds relatively more intimate and closed-in, with each element of sound occurring along a single horizontal plane. I'm impressed that the T2 Plus can offer this kind of listening experience with just a single dynamic driver. This is an experience where details are revealed in one's music that one might not have previously noticed; one where it's easy to become wrapped up in music due to the way the T2 Plus recreates the sense of profound atmosphere that the artist had been going for in the studio.

This doesn't exactly play to the T2 Plus's strengths...

Where the TinHifi T2 Plus truly comes into its own, then, is when well-mastered source material is fed into it. It's not so magical to the extent that it can extract audiophile goodness out of loudness-boosted, "everything front and centre for maximum effect" records. But it's also not so picky to the extent that it won't run just fine out of the 3.5mm jack on your average smartphone with a built-in non-fancy integrated DAC solution, which is exactly how I've been using mine. Of course, I do have a Tempotec Sonata HD Pro dongle on the way, and I'll certainly be putting this combination through its paces when I am able.

The T2 Plus has satisfied my desire for a more dynamic, resolving sound to the extent that I believe there's probably not much more to gain from any offering below the likes of the Moondrop Starfield. After a series of follow-ups to the original T2 that saw TinHifi ask for more and more money while keeping the same shell design and (at least until the T4) making their already bright sound signature even brighter, it's great to see this company back on form with a new benchmark offering at the USD50 segment. Cheers and happy listening!

Aug 10, 2020 at 7:06 AM Post #25,382 of 31,831
As someone who really likes the T4, I do slightly prefer it’s sound over that of the T2 Plus, primarily due to having more of a sub bass bias. This is purely a personal preference, and I can easily see why one would prefer the warmer overall sound of the T2 Plus. That being said, from a technicalities and quality standpoint, it’s remarkable to me how the T2 Plus really does stand toe-to-toe with the T4, which is significantly pricier. My above comments don’t even address build and fit, which can easily be considered superior by most people, though the T2 Plus doesn’t fit me that great. I’ve been very impressed with the T2 Plus.

Aug 10, 2020 at 8:32 PM Post #25,383 of 31,831
Does anyone have any experience with these earphones?

https://a.aliexpress.com/_d72JTTe

I have a stick figure friend who has been looking for some budget earphone suggestions, and I thought these might be right up his alley.

Aug 10, 2020 at 9:21 PM Post #25,384 of 31,831

I have a stick figure friend who has been looking for some budget earphone suggestions, and I thought these might be right up his alley.

And there I thought I'd seen everything that AliExpress had to offer... 🤣

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2020 at 9:41 PM Post #25,386 of 31,831

haha, plus a frowny face button

The design looks kind of like a lame superhero mask:

723D2009-6879-4F32-A72E-B4F021572246.jpeg

Aug 11, 2020 at 4:27 AM Post #25,387 of 31,831
Just arrived: Tin T2+
IMG_20200810_183520.jpg

Quick listen, amazing soundstage, perfect balance between detail and musicality. Excellent timbre as well. More to come but so far these are a star!

Aug 11, 2020 at 5:53 AM Post #25,388 of 31,831
IMG_20200811_174332141.jpg

And then a wild KZ appeared... and promptly receives the TRN T2s 16 core SPC cable that I'd originally ordered for my TFZ T2 but turned out not to fit them because the rounded male 2 pin plug surround on the cable end does not like the squared protuding female 2 pin socket on the IEM :xf_mad:

This was an impulse flash deal purchase for USD11 everything said and done... The cable cost as much as these, but at least I get to utilise it for something and not have to bother with the thin and tangly KZ stock wire :)

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2020 at 10:15 AM Post #25,389 of 31,831

Did you check out the Specs - they're Hybrid Technology, with a response from 8HZ - 25KHz! :ksc75smile:
  • Brand Name: NoEnName_Null
  • Connectors: None
  • Control Button: Yes
  • Active Noise-Cancellation: No
  • Style: In-Ear
  • Communication: Wireless
  • Vocalism Principle: Hybrid technology
  • Volume Control: No
  • Wireless Type: None
  • Support Memory Card: No
  • With Microphone: Yes
  • Model Number: 444
  • Resistance: 9Ω
  • Frequency Response Range: 8-25000Hz
  • Function: For Mobile Phone
  • Sensitivity: 123dB
  • Waterproof: No
  • Is wireless: Yes
  • Line Length: 0.5m
  • Plug Type: L Bending
  • Support APP: No

Aug 11, 2020 at 10:52 AM Post #25,390 of 31,831
Guide to musical bliss:

Step 1
. Plug TinHifi T2 Plus into ears and into source.
Step 2. Press Play on the below track.

Step 3. Close eyes and listen as said transducers effortlessly bring out detail in soft passages, highlight the delicate grain in the male vocals and allow the louder parts to swell and linger. All from any old source.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2020 at 11:10 AM Post #25,391 of 31,831
Guide to musical bliss:

Step 1
. Plug TinHifi T2 Plus into ears and into source.
Step 2. Press Play on the below track.

Step 3. Close eyes and listen as said transducers effortlessly bring out detail in soft passages, highlight the delicate grain in the male vocals and allow the louder parts to swell and linger. All from any old source.

The T2 plus is very good, isn't it? Bliss here for me as well:

Aug 11, 2020 at 3:13 PM Post #25,392 of 31,831
The T2 plus is very good, isn't it? Bliss here for me as well:

i told you so :grin:
I've been listening to this playlist lately with the T2+

Aug 11, 2020 at 7:31 PM Post #25,393 of 31,831
The ZSN Pros are such a well known quantity at this point that there's nothing I can say about them that would be novel to anyone around these parts. Out of the box, I found them a rather fatiguing, shouty listen, as if the bass, vocals and treble section are all competing to be in first place in front of you. So I fixed them by ear and now they are fun without being over the top like that drunk friend we all know.

Screenshot_20200811-183756.png

Aug 11, 2020 at 7:53 PM Post #25,394 of 31,831
I had been trying in a futile manner to try and upgrade my way up to better bass - right up to the edge of this thread - the $100 TFZ no3 - and all of them sound the same.

Then i tried getting some spinfits for my blon 03 because i couldn't get them to fit - and they make even $10 iem's into bass cannons instantly (tape mods help too). If only I had known this earlier. Hope this is of use to someone else.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2020 at 4:04 AM Post #25,395 of 31,831
This thread moves too fast for me to keep up with so there has probably been a lot of talk about the T2 Plus already. For anyone who wants to know more, I just published my review. It's an awesome little IEM IMO and a worthy addition to the T-series.

Tin Hifi T2 Plus_8.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back