CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Dec 2, 2019 at 6:32 AM Post #21,406 of 31,831
Kind of disappointed that I already purchased it yesterday... I would have got it cheaper if I know the discount sooner :triportsad::triportsad::triportsad:

Dec 2, 2019 at 9:15 AM Post #21,407 of 31,831
Is not the sexist solution but I like a 2 pin 0.78 mm cable WITHOUT ear guides because anything with ear guides and the BLON does not work for me. I have the stock QDC cable (horrible due to guides), the JCalley QDC cable with more flexible guides (better but still works its way out) and the C16-3 2 pin cable which has no guides and let's me seat the BL-03 deep without working its way out. I think because the BLON has such a short stem and needs to be deep, the standard angle of the QDC cable still interferes with your ears causing fitting issues. Not the prettiest but I find a 0.78 mm 2 pin WITHOUT ear guides the best cable for the BL-03. Now I can really enjoy this IEM hassle free without it continuously working its way loose on the fit.

Although the stock cable actually fit me perfectly, I now use a cable with no ear guides... because I have decided to wear mine cable down instead of up and over the ear. Of course you have to switch the right and left pieces to angle them into the ear canal properly. So right earpiece in left ear... but of course the left cable connector still goes to the left ear. Just adding that info for whoever might not know.

@DynamicEars Thank you for a detailed explanation. I am willing to buy the TRN V90 as my first hifi iem. Except for the looks, it seems I wont be compromising much from the No. 3 it seems :)

Looks? What is the problem with the looks? :)

10371901.jpg

Dec 2, 2019 at 10:50 AM Post #21,409 of 31,831
haha sorry. ordered the blue instead of black :wink: your setup made me do so

Mine is the blue.. it is a very dark blue with a purplish cast in some lighting.

Here it is in different lighting. The cable is the Kinboofi purple.

10377126.jpg

Dec 2, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #21,411 of 31,831
Wow, never thought of it actually, so thanks for that. Will try to contact them about that tomorrow. But the only thing I worried about was that they wouldn't allow it since I had used $5 off coupon on them tho.

Dec 2, 2019 at 12:22 PM Post #21,412 of 31,831
CCA uses KZ’s Paragraph C plug. Paragraph C is the same as QDC, but technically it is wired opposite. ....

Of course, as mentioned above, you can use a plain old 2-pin cable with the Blon. It will stick up a little bit, but this can actually be a good thing, as it can improve the fit of the Blon for some people.

Oh, rats! I guess it would be bad news if I used a QDC cable with the CCA C12? Is there a good balance upgrade cable available that is compatible with the C12?

Yes, I may end up using the BLON BL-03 cable down, but I was to try it with a more supple QDC cable first.

By the way, if going regular 2-pin, the BL-03 is 0.78 and the C12 is 0.75, correct?

Dec 2, 2019 at 12:52 PM Post #21,413 of 31,831
Oh, rats! I guess it would be bad news if I used a QDC cable with the CCA C12? Is there a good balance upgrade cable available that is compatible with the C12?

Yes, I may end up using the BLON BL-03 cable down, but I was to try it with a more supple QDC cable first.

By the way, if going regular 2-pin, the BL-03 is 0.78 and the C12 is 0.75, correct?

I measured 4 of my balanced "QDC" cables - they are all wired properly for CCA C12.
My understanding (for what it is worth) that original "QDC" were quite rare. Now they sell " QDC" cables largely for KZ & CCA, so they work for them.
In any case, it is always a good idea to check your cables for proper connectivity and resistivity with a multimeter - things happen...

Dec 2, 2019 at 1:01 PM Post #21,414 of 31,831

There are lots of people that use QDC cables on KZ/CCA. Despite being wired backwards, it doesn't cause any problems or differences in sound,

As far as the sizes, don't overthink it. The difference is 0.03mm, which is so minimal it doesn't really matter honestly. That's 0.0012" (1.2 thousandths of an inch). In the world of manufacturing, that is an extremely difficult tolerance to maintain. The point is that it would be extremely difficult to manufacture sockets that are exactly 0.7500mm and 0.7800mm at the prices the 2-pin sockets actually cost. Everything has an acceptable manufacturing tolerance. You've probably seen specifications of products expressed as +/-5dB, or +/-2% error, etc. That's what that means.

Just buy a 2-pin cable that you like or that you can afford, and you'll be fine.

Dec 2, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #21,415 of 31,831
Several months ago I purchased a Sihivive D105 earphone off Amazon.com. I came across this when researching the Fischer Audio Dubliz. The D105 appears to come from the same OEM and has the same co-axial DDT - dual driver. The D105 has been reduced to $4.79 which is a fantastic price for this earphone. The D105 sound very similar to the Tin audio T515 but since the D105 is constructed from an alloy it is much lighter. When I first came across the D105 it was on sale at $29.99, I purchased it when it was reduced to $19.99. This comes with a case,12 silicone tips, 2 double flange tips and 2 memory foam tips. At $4.79 this is an amazing deal.

Dec 2, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #21,416 of 31,831
I measured 4 of my balanced "QDC" cables - they are all wired properly for CCA C12.
My understanding (for what it is worth) that original "QDC" were quite rare. Now they sell " QDC" cables largely for KZ & CCA, so they work for them.
In any case, it is always a good idea to check your cables for proper connectivity and resistivity with a multimeter - things happen...

Okay, now this makes me worry that the QDC cable I got for my BLON BL-03 will be wrong polarity for that, or is the BL-03 wired +/- the same way as CCA and KZ?

There are lots of people that use QDC cables on KZ/CCA. Despite being wired backwards, it doesn't cause any problems or differences in sound,

As far as the sizes, don't overthink it. The difference is 0.03mm, which is so minimal it doesn't really matter honestly. That's 0.0012" (1.2 thousandths of an inch). In the world of manufacturing, that is an extremely difficult tolerance to maintain. The point is that it would be extremely difficult to manufacture sockets that are exactly 0.7500mm and 0.7800mm at the prices the 2-pin sockets actually cost. Everything has an acceptable manufacturing tolerance. You've probably seen specifications of products expressed as +/-5dB, or +/-2% error, etc. That's what that means.

Just buy a 2-pin cable that you like or that you can afford, and you'll be fine.

Okay, okay, thanks @Slater and @PhonoPhi. I get anxious about this because I have read things about .78 pins stretching out the holes in a .75 connector so that the original connector will no longer work or will be loose, and I have read things about using cables with opposite polarity making IEMs sound bad and damaging drivers, but you are experts, so I will take your word for it. I'm just worried about damaging my new IEMs.

I picked up quite a haul of stuff this Black Friday, including es100, AKG K275, CCA C12, and three cables. I'm looking forward to receiving all my goodies!

Edit to add: what's this I read about wiring drivers "out of phase" making things sound really bad? Isn't this the same thing a "reversed polarity"? I think I've seen this mentioned a few times in the cheap Sony IEM thread.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2019 at 5:32 PM Post #21,417 of 31,831
Okay, now this makes me worry that the QDC cable I got for my BLON BL-03 will be wrong polarity for that, or is the BL-03 wired +/- the same way as CCA and KZ?

AFAIK, most people don't hear a difference in absolute phase, meaning that it doesn't matter whether the cable is backwards as long as both connectors are backwards. If one side of the cable is wired differently from the other, or one IEM is wired differently from the other, then they will be out of phase, and you will hear that for sure. But that means something is defective, not incompatible.

Dec 2, 2019 at 6:04 PM Post #21,418 of 31,831

Okay, okay, thanks @Slater and @PhonoPhi. I get anxious about this because I have read things about .78 pins stretching out the holes in a .75 connector so that the original connector will no longer work or will be loose, and I have read things about using cables with opposite polarity making IEMs sound bad and damaging drivers, but you are experts, so I will take your word for it. I'm just worried about damaging my new IEMs.

I picked up quite a haul of stuff this Black Friday, including es100, AKG K275, CCA C12, and three cables. I'm looking forward to receiving all my goodies!

Edit to add: what's this I read about wiring drivers "out of phase" making things sound really bad? Isn't this the same thing a "reversed polarity"? I think I've seen this mentioned a few times in the cheap Sony IEM thread.
I have now checked my balanced cables with a 2.5 balanced to 3.5 non balanced connector. The same as the original Blon cable (took me some time to find, and high resistance it has of > 0.8 Ohm).
It should be fine :)

Dec 2, 2019 at 6:29 PM Post #21,419 of 31,831
Okay, is the NX7 connector the same as the square TFZ connector (that I just discovered exists)?

Oh man! That's way too much to deal with! Ugh! I feel discouraged.

Can anyone confirm for me whether the BLON BL-03 is compatible with QDC or KZ paragraph C? I am thinking of getting this balanced cable in QDC and doing re-forming the connectors with heat as described in this post:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chinese-asian-brand-iem-info-thread.820747/page-1831#post-15250621

Also, does the CCA C12 use a plain ol' QDC connector or something special?
The kz c connector does not fit the blon unless you shave some plastic off the blons themselves as the housing on the cable is too small. An a or b will fit, but will be flush against the top of the blon offering no protection. I have broken a set of kz zsr using a trn cable by snapping a pin into the earphone. So be careful if using none default cables.

Dec 2, 2019 at 6:35 PM Post #21,420 of 31,831
Mine is the blue.. it is a very dark blue with a purplish cast in some lighting.

Here it is in different lighting. The cable is the Kinboofi purple.

10377126.jpg
That's a nice looking iem, and cable. I'm tempted to get one. I'll stick with my blue striped kz zs10 and silver cable for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back