CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 27, 2019 at 10:49 PM Post #21,212 of 31,831
The LZ A6 mini is around $56 USD usually on taobao. But that's assuming u can speak chinese to the sellers and the returns/warranty is quite iffy, if u wanna take the risk.

The coupons run out very very fast. Every start of the hour they give out a limited number in exchange for coins. These coupons are not the lame select coupon that can only be used at certain stores or items. These coupons are storewide for any item (as long as u hit the minimum spend).
U must really be a hawk and wait at the app screen, once it hits 9 AM (for example), u gotta quickly click the coupon. It runs out in a matter of half a minute or less! By the time 0901 hours comes, it becomes zero available LOL. I've only like succeeded once or twice in getting them as I'm always slow or distracted by something else and 0901 comes =(.
Ok, I've just never been quick enough to get them I guess. Thanks for confirming that it does potentially work though.

Nov 27, 2019 at 10:52 PM Post #21,213 of 31,831
I can speak a little, but how's the shipping? Same quality as AliE?

I never tried taobao before, as a few friends and family members told me it is like playing russian roulette with taobao. Some of their stuff never appeared and they had to ding dong for months just to get a refund. It seems AE is safer according to them. They also say the taobao side treat their customers much worse than the international AE customers in terms of communication and PR/refunds/warranties.

U should ask @Hisma , he stays inside China and uses taobao, but he told us he won't recommend it for people living outside China or who can't speak Chinese.

Nov 27, 2019 at 10:56 PM Post #21,214 of 31,831
I never tried taobao before, as a few friends and family members told me it is like playing russian roulette with taobao. Some of their stuff never appeared and they had to ding dong for months just to get a refund. It seems AE is safer according to them. They also say the taobao side treat their customers much worse than the international AE customers in terms of communication and PR/refunds/warranties.

U should ask @Hisma , he stays inside China and uses taobao, but he told us he won't recommend it for people living outside China or who can't speak Chinese.
Okay, then definitely I'll just use AE instead. Pay more but safer, why not.

Nov 27, 2019 at 11:32 PM Post #21,215 of 31,831
Well what do you know, I actually got a $10 off coupon this time.

Nov 27, 2019 at 11:45 PM Post #21,216 of 31,831
Nov 28, 2019 at 12:07 AM Post #21,217 of 31,831
Nov 28, 2019 at 1:17 AM Post #21,218 of 31,831

this is all true. most of these chinese companies have separate teams that deal with international customs vs their local chinese customers. and some times the packaging & even the components itself are slightly different (for instance having chinese language labels vs english labels - as is the case with some edifier speakers I bought locally). This is why you can see price variation sometimes. You might pay more for the international version, but it usually means you get better support and better packaging/accessories. Good luck dealing with taobao support when they send you the wrong thing, or your product is defective. Just picture yourself having to chat with a vendor to explain your problems & determine where return the package, all in chinese.

As someone that lives in China and buys tons of stuff on taobao, avoid it unless you speak chinese well, or are willing to challenge yourself a bit in an effort to save a few bucks.

Nov 28, 2019 at 1:45 AM Post #21,219 of 31,831
Morning all. I'm new to Chi-Fi (if that's still the term to use) but am really excited to see where this rabbit hole goes.

Took a punt on these - decided to put together a review.

I have my eye on the BQEYZ Spring 1 tomorrow!

Nov 28, 2019 at 10:57 AM Post #21,220 of 31,831
I have one of those coming too. The most expensive one. I can't help myself.

My Nicehck lucky bag arrived today alongside some cables & tips.

It contained a NiceHck P3 and a Bluetooth adapter. Not sure it would be an IEM id buy...it's a bit meh and nothing special in my view.

It and adapter have mmcx connectors, so changing cables etc.
I think I've got a present for my sister at Xmas.

So not as good as your V90...:angry:

Nov 28, 2019 at 11:37 AM Post #21,221 of 31,831
Morning all. I'm new to Chi-Fi (if that's still the term to use) but am really excited to see where this rabbit hole goes.

Took a punt on these - decided to put together a review.

I have my eye on the BQEYZ Spring 1 tomorrow!
I love my Spring 1. But it sounds its best once you remove the cloth mesh behind the grill (or just replace the grill with one you can buy off aliexpress). DynamicEars goes into great detail about it in the BQEYZ thread. It's an awesome set, IMO.

Nov 28, 2019 at 12:10 PM Post #21,222 of 31,831
I love my Spring 1. But it sounds its best once you remove the cloth mesh behind the grill (or just replace the grill with one you can buy off aliexpress). DynamicEars goes into great detail about it in the BQEYZ thread. It's an awesome set, IMO.

I've put some dust network grills in the shopping basket as well :ksc75smile:

Nov 28, 2019 at 2:00 PM Post #21,223 of 31,831
still impressed with the carbo tenores that I got recently acquainted with after seeing them still rated highly on Crinacle's iem list
For some reason I cast them aside years ago but after getting the final audio 1000 for traveling purposes I decided to check them out again and yes, they are still a contender after all these years.

Nov 28, 2019 at 8:42 PM Post #21,225 of 31,831
I think Slater is wealthy. :money_mouth::point_left::yum:

Indeed! I’m typing this message from my luxury yacht in the south of France lol

12875277-B46A-4199-951A-89A64A6BB730.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back